“Excellent Food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #45 of 926 restaurants in Lima
Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The New Temple of Peruvian Cuisine, rescuing our culinary traditions.
Fort Myers, Florida
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I would highly recommend this restaurant. My wife and I had dinner here twice and loved both meals. The ceviche was very good, and our entees were nicely prepared and presented. They had a good wine list, and on our first night we both had a pisco sour. Very very good. The restaurant is located in a walkable area of Miraflores, and unlike many other restaurants it is open on Sundays.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
New York City, New York
“Really nothing to remember”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I like Peruvian cuisine, but this one was not the best. The ceviche was good, but the fish was a bit chewy, and the stuffed potatoes were a bit greasy.
I might be picky ,but I 've had for the last ten days, such simple, tasty, organic, fresh dishes, that I qualify this place as overrated!

Phoenix, Arizona
“Simply outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I went there while visiting for a conference. This place came recommended by locals and I was not disappointed. The food was plainly delicious starting with a trio of seafood appetizers including ceviche. The main course was a fish soup with intense flavor, definitely not for everyone but absolutely delicious. When I visited, there was no one there who spoke English and I don't speak a word of Spanish but the very helpful staff still made this an extremely pleasurable experience even though I had little idea about what I was ordering.

Connecticut USA
“Typical peruvian food, reasonably priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We went out late and wanted to find a typical peruvian food restaurant in Miraflores. Locals recommended this restaurant. Food was well prepared, bursting with taste and nicely presented. Decoration of restaurant was typical Peruvian colonial and the place had a charming atmosphere. Service was friendly and very accomodating. Waiters speak some french and also english. Limited parking available in front. We were lucky and parked right next to entrance. We all had "corvina" fish and especially the one with octopus slices was delicious.
Wine selection was ample. Price reasonable, considering that most tourist venues in Lima are on the expensive side.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Quito, Ecuador
“suprisingly delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

the best meal (meals, we went back again!) i had in Lima! My husband wanted to go to Rafael, but they were closed and our concierge referred us to Pampa de Amancaes as having similar food, but not as expensive.

Visited December 2012