“great locations” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 202 Hotels in Lima
brno
“great locations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed for 2nights....the breakfast choice could be better for 5star hotel but the location on 21st floor was nice. Tried swimming pool which is small but fine, could be more lighted during evening. Rooms are standard bussiness looking, comfy beds....What we really appreciated was hotel car service that took as to cirque du soleil and picked us again with no problem :) The receptionist staff could be quicker.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hugo A, General Manager at Hotel Estelar Miraflores, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive comments regarding your recent stay with us in the Estelar Miraflores. We are so glad to hear that the hotel exceeded your expectations and you had a pleasant stay with us. We look very forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.

Hugo Avila

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This hotel is a 5 star hotel, yes, but they need take a couple of stars out of the wall. When we checked in after a long flight from Miami in the middle of summer, we were led to our room and Iwe found it a little stuffy but we were told that it was because the air conditioning was not ON. So, we turn it on and went to have something to eat. When we came back after two hours, the air conditioning was making an awful noise and we called the front desk. They've sent a technician who "took" care of the problem, then took a bath and went to sleep. We woke up around 1:30 am. We were roasting, literally, roasting in the room and the windows were locked. We couldn't sleep, we called the front desk and they said that the air conditioning had stopped working since midnight. Big fat lie!!!
We had to wake up early that morning to continue our business trip and we left the bags at the hotel for our next stay a day later.. When we came back after one night away, the hotel had a very nice air conditioning running at the lobby but ONLY when I asked, I was informed that the problem persisted in the WHOLE hotel. They said you can move to another hotel around the area...I couldn't believe! they kept registering guests without letting them know that the problem with the air conditioning persisted nor that they were having problems with the air conditioning since a week ago. Lima can be very warm in the summer and when I complained to the manager I was told the same thing: move to another hotel.
I don't think it is a proper treatment from a 5 star hotel to leave their customers to their luck. I think they should have found another hotel at the same price and around the area. They didn't care. All the hotels were asking for a fortune per night because we didn't have a previous reservation. Thanks to God, we found s nice hotel with the same amenities, but we had to do the whole reservation ourselves from our computer from the lobby of the 5 stars hotel??? Well, on the bright side, I've lost weight, but through dehydration!!!

Room Tip: Check if they are having a running air conditioning in the rooms of this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments they help us to know how to become better at our service for you. Hoteles Estelar would like to convey to you our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during you stay in the Estelar Miraflores. It is our duty to learn from mistakes and we are taking very seriously any request from our guest  Let me assure you that what happened in your case is not typical of our level of customer service. We continue to be committed to providing all our customers with the highest standards of service in the industry.However, we will review carefully each situation you had and improve solutions to avoid these situations submitted again.I hope to have the opportunity to attend you again.

Warm Regards

Linkoping, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This Hotel is situated in the most beautiful part of Lima, centrally in Miraflores. The service is friendly. The bar at the 21st floor has a stunning view and great Pisco sour drinks. The rooms has paper thin walls and I woke up a few times - especially at the wake up call to the next room. The Gym is ancient - but still got me worked out. I hope the owners will refresh it, then it could be Great and charge 50% more at least...

Room Tip: Not close to the elevator - I heard people waiting/exit the elevator quite frequently
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
JohanVillegas, Hoteles Estelar P, Ecommerce Coordinator at Hotel Estelar Miraflores, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you very much for having taken the time to give your feedback. Your comments are most important to us since they allow us to improve the services and products we offer. However I would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused. This point has been taken up in our team in order to avoid such a happening in the future.
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

So, you've always got the bed to crash (organize yourself and you can sleep on, in, under and with anything)! But, who wants to eat hotel "house" restaurant food? When it comes to Lima, Hotel Estalar Miraflores says "that would be me". Ask yourself, when was the last (maybe the first) time you ate in any restaurant one night for dinner and then (even with 1000s alternative choices) you've said "I think I'd like to try my 2nd or 3rd pick of the menu. In short if you value your judgement on food and can appretiate a chef who can turn-out national and international cuisine, then there is nothing I can add. Sorry Lima, I know that you have so much to offer, but my limited sample (1/1) puts this one at the top. Also, commanding views 21st floor night and day. I also balance my call. If I call award 11/10 for dinner, breakfast (ho/hum) gets 5/10. Book as soon as you can, believe me, a chef of this calliber will probably be poach soon. Oz-TomCath.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My travel buddy and I stayed here for 2 nights before joining a tour group and it was a great choice. The hotel is centrally located in Miraflores, the staff were all friendly and helpful with directions if we needed them.

We had a double room on the 18th floor with air con, a super comfy bed, plenty of power points and a good sized bathroom. A member of staff even comes round every night to offer you a chocolate - so sweet!

There was plenty of choice for breakfast - cereal, fruit, pancakes, pastries, meats and cheese - with coffee refills as soon as your cup was empty. The best thing about breakfast though was the view. The breakfast room and bar area were on the top floor so you had panoramic views of the city - absolutely brilliant. We also got enjoy the view on the evening as when you check in you get a voucher for a free drink - a good chance to try the local specialty - a pisco sour.

The hotel has bag storage facilities on your day of check out and are obviously used to people showing up dressed for trekking with great big ruck sacks as they didn't bat an eyelid! There was a little noise on a morning as you are on a main road but no more than you'd expect for a city center location.

Overall a great hotel and really good value for money - a bit of luxury before your tour!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Hugo A, General Manager at Hotel Estelar Miraflores, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear guest

Your opinion is very important for us, I´m glad you enjoy our service and our room quality. We keep on working hard to provide our guests an excellent experience during their stay We are so glad to hear that the hotel exceeded your expectations and you had a pleasant stay with us.

Thank you for let us know your experience, I hope you stay again on your next visit to Lima.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights and really enjoyed it. Excellently located in the middle of Miraflores and only a few blocks from Larcomar and the ocean. Large and clean rooms with great wifi. Also, breakfast at the top level restaurant is excellent with a great view of Lima and the ocean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Your opinion is very important for us, I´m glad you enjoy our service and our room quality. We keep on working hard to provide our guests an excellent experience during their stay. We are so glad to hear that Estelar MIraflores Hotel exceeded your expectations and you had a pleasant stay with us.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently had the pleasure to stay for 9 days at Hotel Estelar in MIraflores, Lima, Peru. Most of the staff was excellent. Unfortunately, on the 5 day of my stay, I caught a flu virus and was miserable. The staff of the 21st floor restaurant treated me like a mother for a child. I was given soups, hot teas with lemon and they showed genuine concern. I would especially thank David and "Julio" for their efforts as well as Aldo and Rodrigo.

The beds and pillows are luxury editions and made rest during my illness so much more tolerable.

The only glitch, and it was a small one, was the confusion at the front desk on converting US Dollars to Soles. One day the limit was $100, the next day it was $200. I think the administrative people wanted to provide whatever help was asked for but if a manager was nearby, you could tell they were cautious about providing the additional conversion.

I highly recommend this hotel. It's near nice restaurants, casino entertainment, drug stores,and grocery stores. The view from the 21st floor restaurant during breakfast, lunch or dinner is fantastic.The complimentary breakfast I would rate as average but the service is great. If you stay there, please say hello to David on the 21st floor in the morning and "Julio" in the evening.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay at Estelar Miraflores. We are very pleased to read your review and learn that you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate your comments which are very important to us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Hugo Avila

Been to Hotel Estelar Miraflores? Share your experiences!