“Yum!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 1,079 Restaurants in Lima
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Peruvian, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Saqra, from the Quechua language meaning “little devil”, “naughty” or “mischief maker”. Saqra also refers to one of the characters found in the festival of the Madonna of Carmen in the village of Paucartambo, Cusco. Here, this happy little devil wins the heart of the Madonna with his childish pranks and mischief making as he dances around her playfully in the procession. These ideas inspired the creation of Saqra as a restaurant bar that offers modern Peruvian food where we reinterpret the Peruvian identity in a playful and contemporary key, conjuring up fun and colourful results. Saqra, in essence, is not really a place but a state of mind where this little devil plays a delightful host who wants that all his guests live a unique experience, where they meet again with their the inner child, sometimes long lost.
Lima
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Wow the food here is amazing, and I've eaten in a lot of places in Peru. Unusual, very tasty, great service, worth the price. This place is pretty special.

Visited August 2012
jdelapiedra, Propietario at Saqra, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Hello there:
We appreciate your comments.
Hope to see you soon again,
jdelapiedra@saqra.pe

“Perfect ending to a fantastic Peruvian holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Three friends and I have just spent the last 2 weeks travelling around Peru and the Amazon Jungle. Our last night happened to be in Lima (Miraflores) and through a recommendation from the hotel reception (Casa Andina Select) we headed around the corner to a rather cool looking restaurant called Saqra. The ambience is really nice and the greeting from the staff and restaurant owner was even better. We ordered with assistance from the waiter and I have to say, the starters and main courses were fantastic and full of flavour, we then ordered banana Creme Brûlée with chocolate truffles and I have to say it was perfection. This restaurant is a must when In Miraflores and the bill was approx 370 soles which was approx £23 per person in our group of four. A perfect ending to our holiday.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
jdelapiedra, Propietario at Saqra, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Hello Chris:
We enjoyed having you at Saqra.
Your comments are greatly appreciated.
Hopefully we will see you again soon.
jdelapiedra@.pe
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect day or night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I ate here several times by reccomendation of my hotel . I have to say i was not disapointed . The first time i came for lunch . We had ceviche which was excellent . I found the staff so helpful and polite we enjoyed it so much we returned the next day for dinner . We tried the Pisco sours which were delicious . The place was buzzing and had a great atmosphere . I can not reccomend it highly enough . Must try's on the menu are the Trout and avocado starter, Lomo Saltado and the Picarones

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
jdelapiedra, Propietario at Saqra, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Hello jquiogue:

It was great to see you.
We are glad to learn you had a good time with us.
Please look us up when you are in town again,

All the best,

jdelapiedra@saqra.pe
“Excellent lunch, dinner or cocktails spot in Miraflores”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

The first time I visited Saqra was on a warm night I late April with several friends for a special occasion dinner. The place was busy and the atmosphere was excellent. Great cocktail menu and a well rounded menu.
The second time I visited Saqra was in September for a lunch meeting as it is a really convenient place to meet. My waiter was a lovely guy named Ericks who hooked me up with a wifi password and was knowledgable about the menu and let me hang out for a bit before my colleagues arrived for the meeting. The manager of the restaurant was also very nice and the food was superb, better than I remembered it to be from April. Unfortunately I didn't have any cocktails cause I was here for a business meeting but when I return (and I shall) I will try some stuff from the drink menu!

jdelapiedra, Propietario at Saqra, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Hello Dory:
We appreciate your comments.
It was great having you for a second time.
If you can, please try our pisco cocktails. They are getting better and better.
Rouyn-Noranda, Qc, Canada
“Good meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Good meal and good service. I had a pork tenderloin with chica morada reduction. Very good! The service was attentive. Close to many hotels in Miraflores.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
jdelapiedra, Propietario at Saqra, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Hello Yvon:
It was a pleasure having you in Saqra.
If you are in town again, please visit us.