“Bad, you get what you pay for....” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Larco Miraflores

You added Ibis Larco Miraflores to your Saves list
Ibis Larco Miraflores
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Larco 1140 | Miraflores, Lima 18, Peru (Miraflores)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #39 of 207 Hotels in Lima
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Bad, you get what you pay for....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Rooms are very, very small, almost do not have space to walk inside. The bed mattress is very hard and uncomfortable. Rooms do not even have an iron in it, you have to go to the 6th floor to iron which is very inconvenient. The last day of my stay they did not have wi-fi during the afternoon and night and could not check in for my flight and could not communicate with my family. Also wi-fi is available for only one device, so my husband and I could not be using the wi-fi at the same time. Further wi-fi is not secure, someone hacked my hotmail account during my stay at Ibis. Breakfast was average, buffet style, not good quality of ingredients and was not included in price. The only good thing I have to say about this hotel is good location. Service is average.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Los Angeles, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is a very nice hotel in a good location at a reasonable price (in relation to what other nicer hotel charge in Lima). Rooms and facilities are very clean and nice. Staff is also professional but not super freindly. The only negative thing is the taxi services they provide, which is very expensive. There are tons of taxi on Larco St. (where hotel is located), so one does not have to use the taxi service facilitated by the hotel. One does not have to eat at the hotel as it is also expensive and there are many oter options within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The best part of my stay was that prior to departure from US I found Arturo, the owner of Peruvian Shuttle, http://www.peruvian-shuttle.com Arturo was an exchange student in Canada and has a great english vocabulary as well as portuguese and spanish. We emailed and arranged the fare prior to arrival, and he had a nice printed sign with my full name in the crowded arrivals hall, and a clean comfortable van to take me to the hotel and then again back to the airport.

The Ibis Larco Miraflores is everything that the website shows - clean, small, and cheap. The rooms not on the street side are quiet and I slept well, and felt my belongings were safe as I was traveling on business. I must have checked in at an off time as everything was fast and the young staff were always pleasant. I relied on this hotel for nothing more than what I wrote above, not a concierge with lots of recommendations. I went prepared by studying google maps, and reading a lot. Wandering around the Lince neighborhood I unexpectedly came across a few restaurants offering vegetarian foods only. Very interesting.

I found the Metropolitano very convenient for going to and from the historic center. You put in 5.5 soles and you get a tariff card and one free ride. Each ride no matter what distance is 2 Soles, so cheap. The 28 Luglio station is only five minutes walk away, look at google maps.

There is the cheapest market at corner of Aristides Aljovin and Dalias a few minutes walk from the hotel. There is a cheap little bakery at corner of Aristides Aljovin and San Fernando. If you want a good western style gourmet market, google map for Vivanda and different locations come up. I shopped at the location on Av Jose' Pardo. The buses cost 1 soles - they are fun once you figure out some routes!!!

In states I never eat at Chillis restaurant but found the 15 soles daily special (changes everyday) was a nice big dinner for the right price. The menu prices at these shopping malls are outrageous, especially when you can eat in a local restaurant for usually 5-10 soles. Outside some bakeries in the Lince and Surco, and even San Isidro (off the main drag) neighborhoods, you can find people selling tamales for 1.5 - 2 Soles. So good. Then go into a local restaurant and just order rice in a to go container, and presto, you have a super cheap local meal.
Have fun in Lima.

Room Tip: ask for room away from street
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Norman, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

My partner and I usually stay at local-owned hostales in Perú. We enjoy the uniqueness and friendliness of these family-run places, and they usually include good breakfasts. Because of the short time before this travel, we decided to try this hotel, which is new to Lima. Our check-in was the worst part. The receptionist could not process my Visa nor AMEX cards for pre-authorizations (hostales don't use them). She simply returned my cards to me and asked for another card for the preauthorization. I told her those cards each work perfectly fine. She tried each of them 2 more times more with no luck. I offered to call AMEX to see if there was a problem. She told me that I could not use the hotel phone for that call. So using international roaming on my cell phone, I called AMEX and discovered that the attempted pre-authorizations had caused a fraud alert on my card. (This has never happened in 6 years of Peruvian travels with this card.) Finally, we were able to have our room at 1:50 A.M.

The terrible check-in really was the deal-breaker for my ever returning to this hotel. Otherwise, breakfast is not included, the room was clean, but nothing special, and the interior of this new hotel was rather spartan. None of the staff seemed particularly interested in our experience at the hotel during our 3-day stay. Strangely, although there was a taxi-call desk inside the hotel (unnecessary in this part of Lima, with the possible exception of a nighttime trip to the airport or bus station), taxistas would hound us each time we stepped onto the sidewalk.

Apart from our check-in experience, don't expect anything more than mediocracy and an adequate room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is another good and honest Ibis hotel. It is not expensive, it is well located in the Miraflores district, and during our stay there it always presented clean rooms and facilities. If you had already stayed in some other Ibis hotels around the globe, and feel OK with the usual "no frills Ibis experience", this may be a good option to consider when visiting Lima.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed here off and on for two weeks. Rooms are clean and small. Staff was friendly and helpful.
Price is good for the location. It is located close to Larco Miraflores mall.
Would stay here again if in Lima.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Ibis is a 2 stars hotel, but the decoration at the lobby, the room, the dining area, and the service are like 3 stars one. I feel like I got more than what I paid. This is a professional 2 stars hotel, comparing with mom&pop hotel.

Cleanliness: I found the bathroom mirror and counter were covered by dust. I thought I was so tired from my 12 hours flight, so I checked by finger written on the mirror and wow that proved it's dusty all around. I called the front desk asking them to send a maid to clean up, but they said there's no maid on duty, so they asked me to change the room. It's a fast action.

Location: 10 mins walk to Larcoma shopping center where you can dine, shop, and overlook Pacific Ocean. It's located in a good and safe area. About 15-20 mins walk to love park.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ibis Larco Miraflores? Share your experiences!