“A typical Westin” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 200 Hotels in Lima
London
“A typical Westin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is a typical good quality Westin, very similar to others I have stayed in around the world. Room was spotlessly clean and nicely laid out. Well located for business. The ground floor restaurant "770" was not up to the standard of the rest of the hotel, but to be fair we did not try the more upmarket Maras restaurant. I was on business and would recommend the tarrif that allows access to the Executive Club floor. This is a spacious area on the 29th Floor where you can have a relaxing drink or breakfast. Although the breakfast menu is a bit limited it is far better than using the ground floor 770 restaurant. The views from the 29th floor are superb.

Room Tip: This part of Lima is very busy and can be noisy so its better to be higher up in the hotel. I staye...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
WestinLimaGM, General Manager at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The team and I appreciate it. We look forward to your next return soon. Paul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Budapest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

When reading a review it is always important who wrote it, right? A backpacker would find a Holiday Inn great, right?

I have been in some of the nicest places including like The Venetian,Las Vegas, the Burj al'Arab in Dubai, Cancun Hilton, Anantara Dhigu, Maldives etc so I have high expectations towards high end hotels.

The Westin Lima Hotel met those expectations. Real nice hotel with expensive materials and good craftmanship used. I loved their executive room and the executive lounge had nice, delicious selection of food at breakfast, lunch and dinner time. I for sure saved more on drinks and food than the upcharge for the executive room was.
Swimming pool area had a nice atmosphere and even the locker-room of the gym looks luxurious.
Really loved the lobby and the tranquility of the spa.
I am glad I picked this hotel for my stay in Lima. Absolutely satisfied.

Room Tip: Consider an executive room if you spend much time in the hotel. Free drinks and food at the lounge m...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinLimaGM, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Miklos, thank you for your 5 star rating of the hotel. We value it so much especially from a world traveler like yourself. Please come back real soon. Paul
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

The Westin, at San Isidro, is the best hotel in Lima by far. Check in was gentle but rather slow by US standards. The lobby is majestic, nicely appointed and with an inviting lounge area with comfortable sofas and ample space for chillin ' out
This hotel could actually be anywhere around the world as it only has a few and discrete cultural ornaments revealing that it is in Peru. Technology is all over the place in the hotel, but  a little bit overwhelming if that can be allowed to say. The rooms are large, the bathrooms are magnificent, the beds dream-heavenly like and I had an spectacular view of the city. San Isidro does not have the charm of Miraflores or Barranco as it is more a business like neighborhood. However, everything from fine restaurants and shopping malls are easy to get to from the Westin. I will get back

Stayed June 2012
Thanks for naming us the best hotel in the city, we appreciate it very much. Due to local laws, the front desk is a quite a bit slower than other countries due to taxation and valid signatures. We are constantly trying to innovate to speed things up. All the best. Paul
Kirchheim bei Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed at the Westin for 5 nights in August. All of our experiences with all the staff were pleasant and we felt very welcome. I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. My only hesitation in staying here again would be the price; It's expensive, albeit similarly priced to other hotels in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and service levels from the team. In regards to price, the hotel isn't the most expensive nor inexpensive based on many guests comments. We hope to see you again and hopefully you can book with a better price thru ongoing promotions we offer. Paul
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Let me begin by saying that I stay in hotels worldwide at least 130 nights a year, and I am a Starwood Platinum member...I don't rate lightly and I don't give undue credit in reviews. That being said, this is absolutely a fantastic hotel and probably the best Westin I ahve every stayed in. The lobby is very elegant, the rooms are unreal with the restrooms and bed configurations, and the many restaurants are good. The spa area and pool take up an entire floor, and it is within walking distance of the dedicated bus routes to Miraflores and downtown. Very safe neighborhood and I had absolutely no issues walking around during the day or night.

Room Tip: The higher, the better!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thanks so much for the 5 star review as the team and I appreciate it very much. Go Aggies. Paul
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is a brand-new 30-storey hotel situated in the San Isidro neighbourhood of Lima. Our two-night stay was in a grand deluxe room on the 19th floor. The room was spacious and well-appointed with extra comfortable beds and a dazzling bathroom with an elegant walk-in shower and two separate washbasins. At 25 usd breakfast may seem pricey, but in fact it is extremely good value as the range of eats on offer is incredible. You've got all sorts of exotic fruit (I highly recommend the custard apples - which are called chirimoyas in Spanish), cold cuts, salmon, all kinds of rolls, buns and pastries, waffles, nuts, cheese, etc, etc as well as an omelette stand and all sorts of freshly-squeezed juices. We found it hard to stop eating! The hotel also has a decent work-out room with several technogym machines (a multipower bar, a chest press, hamstring and quadriceps equipment and a decent range of aerobics equipment). Unfortunately not everything was perfect. When we checked in, for some reason their system had us down for a deluxe rather than a grand deluxe room. It's a good thing we had taken a printout of the reservation with us! And one last thing which one cannot of course blame the hotel for but which was rather irritating was that a HUGE herbal life conference was being held at the hotel at the same, the participants of which were extremely boisterous and literally hijacked all the lifts in the hotel!!! One last thing is that the San Isidro neighbourhood may be one of the most elegant in town, but we found it rather unappealing to say the least.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinLimaGM, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for your comments and the team and I appreciate you taking the time to write. Yes, you were here during a busy time and apologize for the inconveniences you incurred. I am glad you enjoyed the rest of the hotel though. We look forward to your next stay with us. Paul
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed here between flights. I arrived into Lima around 6 a.m., and had a flight departing Lima at 1 a.m. the next morning. Due to an error on my part, there was an adjustment that needed to be made to my reservation. I appreciated the hotel's staff making the adjustment I needed prior to my arrival. Upon arrival, the check-in person had a question about the adjustment, and was very professional in checking with her supervisor in a timely fashion, and making sure everything was OK.

The room I was given had floor ceiling windows, was newish, had a wonderful bathroom with a shower stall and separate tub, and had everything one needed. The beds were, of course, heavenly. It was the perfect environment in which to recharge our batteries prior to our late night flight. The breakfast buffet was very good. There were assorted breads, pastries, fruits, meats, fresh juices, yogurt, etc. I am a picky eater, and there was plenty for me to eat there. The staff was outstanding and friendly.

The hotel is up the street from various restaurants, shops, and grocery stores. For my American friends, there is even a McDonald's - just in case you get home sick.

I would highly recommend the Westin Lima. It is a great place to relax and rest. While it is in the business area, it is easy enough to get a taxi to go to other parts of the city.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for your kind review especially from a senior critic which we value so much. All the best and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Paul

Been to The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!