“Centrally located and stylish hotel with amazing view of Lima city” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center

Package Deal
Ranked #4 of 207 Hotels in Lima
GreenLeadersSilver level
Nairobi, Kenya
“Centrally located and stylish hotel with amazing view of Lima city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Spent 6 nights here while on a business trip. We arranged pickup from the airport through the hotel and they didn't disappoint, we arrived at the hotel at 9pm and were blown away by the lobby which has impressive high ceilings, is stylishly arranged with a modern look and feel. The hotel is centrally located and has an interesting view of the city. One of the most impressive areas is the swimming pool which is open until 10pm and is beautiful at night with blue lighting. The gym could do with some work as it only has limited free weights although there are close to a dozen treadmills. Rooms are spacious and the bathroom is worth every penny. The staff were friendly and luckily they understand and speak english which helped with ordering food/drinks, we had a few mishaps during breakfast but luckily this did not happen again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for your review and comments. The team and I really appreciate it. I am glad the levels of service improved during breakfast after your first day with us. I will follow up with the team as always. Please come back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Brookline, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

The Westin Lima is impeccably decorated and the restaurants are to-die-for yummy! The front desk staff, bellmen and servers in all 4 eateries are top-notch in delivering incredible service. I was impressed with how many of the employees spoke flawless English---and th ones who weren't quite fluent worked unbelievably hard to be accommodating........until I arrived at The Spa. The facility is impressive and they offer a wide range of services, but they are sooooo intent on having YOU follow THEIR process that they have lost sight of the fact that travelers are there to relax. Their rigid adherence to "the order" they have been taught is ANYTHING BUT heavenly. I thought maybe I experienced an anomaly but then had the same experience on the second day of my visit. Both days, there was an error of communication that was inconvenient and annoying. To top off the poor service (again---ONLY in the SPA) three different young women seemed disinterested in the fact that they botched the experience with a lack of concern for the customer's experience! Two young men who worked there were clearly embarrassed and couldn't apologize enough---something's not quite right there. End result is, my image of Westin is altered----they had been a favorite of mine-----but the "Heavenly Spa" experience was anything BUT!

Room Tip: the Starwood Preferred with panoramic view--- spectacular!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive comments and critiques. You can be assured I will address them with the Spa team to improve thier levels of service to our guests. Please accept my sincere apologies for not receiving the HEAVENLY treatment you were expecting. The team and I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the near future. Best regards.
Stockton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I attended an International Travel Agents Conference held at this gorgeous property. Everything in the room was automated and modern as well as beautiful. It was wonderful to return to my room nightly and find delicious candies and treats on my pillow. I got sick on my last day there (from something I ate elsewhere). The staff were like mother hens taking care of me and even sent medical to my room to assist, unrequested. There was zero noise level in my room. They even provided electrical adapters.The food was amazing. Be sure to try their gourmet restaurant but even the room service was great. I hope I get to visit some of the other properties the owners have in Peru at some point. I purchased most of my gifts in the gift shop and found them to be reasonably priced. I actually got a better price on a bottle of Pisco then anywhere else I checked including the street markets and INCA marts. This is definitely the place to stay in Lima.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your beautiful review of the hotel, we all here appreciate it very much. We are proud of our hotel and its beauty and levels of service. We look forward to having you back with is soon.
Liborno
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The thing I liked most of this hotel is the great lobby, they have different bar enviroments and is so elegant. Something I was not confortable with was the area, too much traffic around, I would have enjoyed better in a quieter area. Service was outstanding, and beatiful rooms.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinLimaGM, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thank you for your comments and feedback. The team and I appreciate it very much. Our location is very centralized to all of Lima, therefore, the level of traffic at times is high. We look forward to your next visit. Best regards.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My new favorite in Lima. Sleek, modern, comfortable,etc.......
The rooms are really nice and huge as the same for the bathroom. It have everything you will expected and more. Service is impeccable and the food is just amazing. The pool and the gym really nice and well equipped. Overall this hotel is a must if you are going to Lima.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for naming the hotel as your favorite in Lima. The team and I are quite proud of our achievements in our first year of operation. All of us look forward to your next visit.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed at the Westin Lima Hotel two different times during our trip to Peru. We were blown away the first night we arrived at this modern hotel. The lobby is beautiful and comfortable - we found the staff to be helpful and friendly. We were pleasantly surprised that they all spoke excellent English. We were thrilled and grateful that Maras (the hotel restaurant) was open until midnight. The food was absolutely delicious and the service staff was attentive. Our room was spacious, clean, beautifully decorated and the bed was extremely comfortable. Floor to ceiling windows gave us an incredible view of Lima The bathrooms were well appointed and high end materials were used throughout. I especially enjoyed the rain shower head. Internet is available for free in the lobby and bar area. When we needed to print our boarding passes we used the business center which has multiple super fast computers - again free. The staff in the business center were also friendly and helpful. We stayed again at the Westin Lima for the last night of our vacation and it felt like we were coming home. We couldn't wait to have drinks in the lobby and another excellent dinner at Maras! We give this hotel and it's staff our highest recommendation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your detailed comments. The team and I appreciate them and for you sharing them with the users of TripAdvisor. All the best and please come back soon.
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I've stayed here a few times over the last year, most recently last week, and it's always a great experience. The hotel and rooms are beautiful, comfortable and clean, and the service is very helpful and friendly. Staff speak great English and are also helpful to guests wanting to practice espanol!

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you so much for your positive comments on the hotel. The team works hard to assure that our guests are well served. All the best and come back soon.

Been to The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!