“Great place to stay in Lima” 5 of 5 stars

Best Rate Guaranteed
Ranked #4 of 209 Hotels in Lima
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles
“Great place to stay in Lima”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I have stayed at several properties in Lima: The Casa Andina Private Collection (nice property);Country Club (overated in my opinion) and the Marriott (OK place); but the Westin is without doubt my favorite hotel in Lima. It is not just another business hotel. Despite its modern and sleek look (which is something I personally like) it boast excellent service and has a very own charm.
The rooms are bright and have all the amenities you expect from a 5 star property, but the real stunner is the bathroom with separate shower and bathtub, double sinks, marble finish and floor to ceiling windows.
Another highlight is the spa and swimming pool area. Great indoor pool with comfortable chairs and nice natural light. Perfect for relaxation after a long day in bustling Lima.
Last but not least I would like to mention the excellent inhouse restaurant Maras. In general I do not eat in the hotel giving preferrence to experiencing the culinary scene of the city, but this restaurant is an exception. The food and service deserve praise and I would not hesitate to list it as one of my favorite restaurants in Lima.My special compliments to the SommelierAngelo Cortez and the Manager Mr. Monteverde, who took excellent care of me during my two visits.
All in all congratulations Westin staff and GM Paul Ingebretsen!

Room Tip: High floor with view to the sea ( Lima is very foggy but sometimes you can have a great view)
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you so very much for your positive review which you shared with TA . The team and I are quite satisfied of what we achieved in our first year of operation. We are proud to hear from guests like yourself. Please come back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

This was the first time I've heard business people who travel around the world agree that this was the best Westin!
I contacted the hotel prior to my stay regarding airport transfers and they booked it for me with the transit company and sent me directions on how to find them. Arriving in Lima and waiting 1 1/2 hours at immigration, it was after midnight when i found the car service and near 1am when i arrived at the hotel - i think i was the last guest as i approached the front desk they called me by name.
I am SPG gold and reserved with points & cash - my room was located on the SPG preferred floor and the bellman escorted me to the room and despite it being after 1am, explained all of the features to me which was helpful before i crashed into the heavenly bed. My room was floor to ceiling windows -some might say corner room but the new building is rounded so my room was slightly curved with a view of the highways which gave me some insight into the crazy traffic and at night was interesting to look at. The room was huge as was the bathroom. The wi-fi signal in the room was strong throughout my stay -there is free wi-fi in the lobby that was good too.

I was greeted with a fruit tray (another delivered the next day) as well as complimentary water each day and fresh flowers in the bathroom (a great feature for me).

I am a huge fan of Westins and this being a new build, i liked the common spaces and the overall feeling of the hotel.

It is not in the Miraflores area and while there is a Starbucks, a few cafes and shopping in the area, you do need a cab/car (or the daily shuttle) to go there. I didn't mind this, the cars are out front and available 24/7 and approx $11-15 each way (you could go to the street and bargain any driver for $5-8 but i don't speak spanish and the taxis are iffy as you negotiate a rate before you get in - basically if you have a car you can be a taxi driver (a bit scary).

I really didn't want to leave the room as it was so comfortable and at the end of my travels i just wanted to rest, however, i did leave to explore the city with a bike tour and cooking class (arranged on my own prior to arrival and not offered by concierge team although should be).

The room service was quick, the portions large and the prices reasonable.
The breakfast buffet was fantastic - I'm a huge fan of fresh chocolate croissants and having desserts at breakfast - I was not disappointed. There is a good selection as well as options for hot platters - i opted for a mix - the service was super attentive, the waiters remembered me by name and are constantly suggesting you try this or that and ensuring that you are happy. They were clearing plates when you finished so you could go back for more and also filling water and juice glasses.

The concierge team was fantastic before my stay and during my stay - they booked tours for me (there is only one tour company sadly), and were able to request special services on a tour for which i was coming back to the hotel tbefore going to the airport. i requested restaurant information and it was both emailed to me with links as well as a paper copy left in my room when i returned. I requested a reservation and they were not able to secure it last minute for one person so they made two other backup reservations for me to decide (sadly, i didn't feel well after a tour and did room service instead). They went out of their way to help and are right as you enter the lobby - there are two desks that are staffed.

The only confusion that i had was my transit to the airport - i thought i booked a time and someone would come get me in the lobby but here i had a receipt and only needed to go outside to the taxi/car line. This was a communication issue with me, concierge and front desk.

while it is a big hotel with convention/business people i never felt that it was crowded. the lobby bar is lively. i exchanged dollars at the front desk easily and liked that all taxis could be charged to the room as it made everything easy.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again and do recommend it to my business travelers. you can't go wrong here but you may not want to leave either.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
The team and I are sorry you had to check out and go home. We thank you for such a nice review and for taking the time to share your experience with other TA users. Please come back to your home away from home soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Beautiful new hotel in San Isidro area of Lima. As other reviewers have noted, it is in the business district (not in Miraflores and on the water such as the Marriott). That being said, it is perfect fo business travelers. Very nice amenities in the room and one of the most comfortable hotel beds. I have stayed in many Westin hotels (in the Heavenly beds), but this one was better than all. Room was large, clean and nicely decorated. Two free water bottles, which is a nice touch. Room service (breakfast and lunch) was always on time, accurate and very good. Service throughout the hotel was very good with friendly staff. Recommend the onsite restaurant, Mara, which is owned by a well known local chef. Very inventive food (but not too crazy) and was delicious. Great atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
WestinLimaGM, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you for your comments. The team and I appreciate them. I am glad you liked Maras, one of Lima´s nicest retaurants with our very talented chef, Rafael Piqueras on board. Please come back real soon.
Overland Park, Kansas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

I am SPG gold stayed in many Westins through out the world. This is the best Westin. Great location, excellent service, clean, new and spacious. Also the tallest building in Peru. Highly recommend it.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
WestinLimaGM, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
That is such a nice statement! All I can say on behalf of my team is thanks. We look forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I arrived in Lima around midnight and finally made my way to the Westin. The hotel was much more than I expected. It has a beautiful, soaring lobby, amazing spa (hard to describe - you've got to see it) and welcoming staff. I was upgraded to a suite with a big, spacious bathroom (shower, big tub and double sinks) and expansive bedroom. Floor to ceiling windows although the view looked out over some construction sites. I'm not sure just what there is to see in the neighborhood. When I checked with the concierge about where to go, everything is a cab ride away and neighborhoods can be iffy especially after dark. There is a bar just off the lobby with a pretty good menu plus you can sit in the lobby and have drinks and order from the same menu. They offer a breakfast buffet which was very good. The staff was very helpful, friendly and professional. My stay at the Westin was very brief -- I wish I had more time to enjoy it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
We thank you for your comments. Please stay longer next time. All the best.
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

This is a big modern business hotel in the business heart of Lima.  However it is miles away from anything of tourist interest.  Rooms are reasonably large and well appointed, although they charge for Internet in the rooms, around $10.

However, my stay was spoilt by a fairly severe case of gastro, that we isolated down to the hotel breakfast.  This was the only meal in several days where my wife and I ate and/or drank the same stuff and we both got sick.  Her case was mild, I ended up in hospital in Cusco. The hotel tells me that no one else reported getting sick and that they take food hygiene very seriously. I don't doubt it, but I am in absolutely no doubt that that is where I ingested the nasty little microbes that made my life a misery!

Sorry, but would never, ever stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinLimaGM, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
First of all, I hope that you and your wife are feeling better as this is the most important thing for us here at the hotel. Secondly, I thank you for your comments and concerns. When we received your feedback via Starwood Hotels, I immediately went to the kitchen with the Quality Mgr. to see the daily food sanitation logs we keep due to the HAACP standards we practice here and found that everything was in order. The team and I then reviewed all comment cards, service express calls and guest feedaback on the days of your stay and we didnt find any other issues with our breakfast buffet from either locals or guests which over 200 persons were served. Could it perhaps be something you consumed 24 to 36 hours prior to eating breakfast here as some bacterias tardy their effect inside the body? We take your concerns seriously and rest assured we will continue to supervise and maintain our world class food sanitation standards. Therefore, I am confident that your unfortunate incident occured from a different source. As far as the internet charge is concerned, we are going to bundle the charge into the rate in the near future based on your and other guests comments. Best regards.
Toronto,Ontario,Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

We spent one night in this hotel on our last leg of our Peru and Ecuador trip. I was so surprised that I was upgraded to a beautiful and functional suite which is connected to my 2 daughters´. (My last upgrade was 10 stays ago with SPG Gold)Although a mistake was made on that when we got back from sightseeing with those promised room. The manager on duty quickly fixed that for us within 10 minutes. (Good Job!)
The room and suite are very spacious with wall to ceiling window commanding a great view of the city and the Andes Mountain. The bathroom is fantastic and bright with separate rain shower and nice bathtub. The bed is indeed heavenly as they advertised.
Breakfast is included in our rate. Food is tasty with great variety. Dinner at the restaurant is good and not too expensive. We even enjoy the free food their executive lounge on the 29th floor provided than a lot of restaurant we paid in Peru and Ecuador. (Especially their cookies and pastry)
The staff here is pleasant , friendly and helpful from the bell boy to the manager. It really shows that this is a well managed hotel.
Lima is a big city of 8 millions people with attractions scatter across the city. Because of that, we do have to take a taxi no matter where we want to go ( It cost about $4USD each time, hotel taxi might cost double of that)
This is a wonderful new hotel. We really enjoy our stay here and definitely will stay here again if we come back to Lima.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
WestinLimaGM, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and comments, The team and I appreciate them very much. All the best and please come back soon.