“Beautiful room...great hotel and location” 4 of 5 stars

The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Las Begonias 450. San Isidro., Lima 27, Peru   |
Ranked #6 of 202 Hotels in Lima
New York City, New York
“Beautiful room...great hotel and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

We had one of the executive suites on the 18th floor, corner room....Imagine how pretty it could be...Yes we had a great view from the room and from the floor to ceiling glass walls/window of our bathroom.

The location of the hotel is not walkable to all the city spots but you can hail a cab for S15= $7. Take a non-white cab (the myth being white cabbies are scoundrels and robbers. Not sure how true this is). We took a yellow cab to Barranco and our cab driver was very very nice.
The hotel also has a shuttle/Audi car service that takes you to Mira Flores once a day. Drop off at 8 pm and pick up at 11pm from Mira Flores. Very convenient.

the executive lounge on the 28 th floor has great views and great food. The staff there is very nice and chatty, We made friends with one staff and loved chatting with her over a drink.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
WestinLimaGM, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Thank you for your review and comments. The team and I appreciate them very much. As a new hotel, it is great to hear from our guests that we are doing well. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Caracas, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011 via mobile

Not only is possible to find great prices per room, but the quality of the hotel is superb.
Great architecture, great design. Just what I needed for my business travel to Lima.
Being SPG also helps a lot to improve the value - quality ratio.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2011
WestinLimaGM, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Thank you for your feedback and review. As Lima´s newest five star hotel, we are working hard to earn all of our guests loyalty and patronage. We look forward to your next visit. Regards.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

An excellent hotel. In previous trips to Lima I have always stayed at the Marriott, which is also a very nice hotel. Overall, I would say that the Westin is a nicer place to stay, although I think that the Marriott is located in a nicer area and being close to the ocean is a plus.

The rooms at the Westin were clean, comfortable and stylish. The furnishings were top notch and the hotel ammenities were equally impressive. The restaurants and bars within the hotel are some of the best I have seen and this is where the Westin easily wins over the Marriott.

The Westin's location is good if you have business in the financial district of Lima.

Overall, I would recommend the Westin highly and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
The team and I really thank you for your review. As a new hotel, its nice to hear from our guests that we are doing a fine job in the first 4 months of operation. We look forward to having you with us again in the near future.
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

At the end of August 2011, my husband and I stayed at the Westin Lima hotel. We stayed in the Executive Room Club Non-smooking, on the 29th floor. The package we took was called Celebrations. The hotel met our expectations, very comfortable, clean room, good service and very friendly staff. The pool is heated, the restaurants and bars are good, a gym with good equipments and advice. It was a pleasure staying at the hotel.

Room Tip: The Executive room is spacious, it has a breathtaking view of the Lima city, good clen room and se...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
WestinLimaGM, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Thank you for your comments. The team and I very much appreciate them. We are working hard everyday to earn these type of positive comments. Please come back soon.
nashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

While I did not stay at the hotel I went there for lunch and boy am I glad I did. The restaurant is modern, relaxing and inviting. I had three dishes and they were all great, a different spin on traditional peruvian food with a touch of what seemed to be Malaysian cuisine to me ( I may be wrong), the result was deliciously well balanced dishes, the dessert of Lucuma with espresso shot was out of this world. The service was inmaculate.
Next time I will make sure and try dinner at this awesome restaurant.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
WestinLimaGM, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Thank you for your comment on our restaurant. The hotel has two restaurants and both are quite good and well received by our guests and local customers. May I suggest you staying with us on your next trip to Lima as well as dinner? The team and I appreciate your feedback.
Great Falls, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Brand new hotel...impeccable service!
We stayed in this hotel twice during our trip in Peru, on the way in and way out. The hotel is almost brand new and it shows! The service was impeccable, all the way from the luggage attendant to the check in staff. We were a little concerned on not booking in the Miraflores district, but this worked out great for us. There were plenty of cafes walking distance from the hotel and the Larcomar mall was a quick ride away – 6 to 10 soles by taxi. One tip, it is very easy to get a taxi two minutes down the road vs. at the hotel and there will be a significant difference in price. Oh, and also request a corner room if available, the view is worth it.

Room Tip: Corner room on a high floor.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
WestinLimaGM, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Thank you for posting a comment regarding your recent stay with us. The team and I are grateful. We are striving hard to exceed our guests expectations as a recently opened five star hotel. Please come back soon.
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

We spent only one night at the Westin Lima after traveling for almost a month in Ecuador and Peru with our kids aged 9 and 12. We had done 10 hotels, 10 flights, a week on a boat, trains, taxis, buses and countless connections, so to put it mildly, we were exhausted. Our plan was to check in and shower, and go out and explore Lima and have a great meal somewhere in town before leaving for the states the following morning. When we walked into the beautiful lobby I sensed that those plans might change. We soon were in our rooms which were connecting and absolutely stunning. The fixtures and design are just perfect, and the beds were just what the doctor ordered after four nights in the Amazon. We decided to just park it and order room service and chill out for once. There were lots of choices on the menu and the food was delivered promptly. They brought up our ice cream based deserts at the same time and we asked them to bring them back down and redeliver them later so they would not melt (I have always thought room service should just automatically deliver the desert 20 or 30 minutes after the main course...it's not like you have a freezer handy to keep it from melting!). I am sure they just made them fresh later, but there was no extra charge and they were very polite about it. The following morning we went down for the breakfast buffet and it was the best we had on our trip, and probably in the top five of any we have ever had (again, we were in sore need of some good food and comfort, so that makes everything taste a little sweeter!). The variety of food available was almost overwhelming, and the wait staff was super kind and attentive. The front desk staff was really pleasant at both check in and check out, and you can tell they are really proud of this hotel. I can't compare it to any others in Lima proper, and I know nothing of the city, but compared to what I saw on the drive to the hotel from the airport, this building seems like it must be one of the most modern in the city. The area seems like it is mostly business and embassies, but I only went across the street to use an ATM. I wish we had another night here because I would have liked to get a flavor for Lima, and the bar in the lobby looked like it would be a lively place to have a drink. My only negative comment on my entire experience (and this is probably a corporate level decision) is having to pay for in-room internet access. Wherever I stay this charge just rubs me the wrong way. I feel it is such a slap in the face to charge 10 or 15 dollars (sometimes per device which in our family is four) for something 98% of customers require. Please if you must up-charge for this, just build it into the room rate and advertise free internet. When I see that in a hotel's list of amenities, I am more inclined to book with them. You could tell that the staff were still working out some of the kinks in the operation, the hotel had been open about a month when we stayed there early July, but they are all trying really hard to get the machine up and running. I would stay here again in a heartbeat, and honestly would not even consider another hotel in Lima.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room if possible especially when connecting
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
WestinLimaGM, Director General at The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
The team and I greatly appreciate the feedback and review. As you stated, we are working out all the kinks with the opening of the hotel. We look forward to having you with us again.

Been to The Westin Lima Hotel & Convention Center? Share your experiences!