“Go out of their way to help you! Pet Friendly!!” 5 of 5 stars

B&B Miraflores Wasi
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jiron Tarapaca 261 | Miraflores, Lima, Peru   |
Ranked #65 of 202 Hotels in Lima
Playas del Coco
“Go out of their way to help you! Pet Friendly!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

I can thank the owner, Vera, enough for all the help she gave us. This is what makes this place special. We arrived in Lima with our three dogs looking for a place to live permanently. It has not been easy and we have spent four weeks in short term accommodation. Vera did everything, and then more, to find us rooms even though they were full.

Note: There are two Wasi B&B that are about four blocks apart. One on Independencia and the other on Tarapaca.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Polish first
Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

When I got this hotel, It was the early morning. I was very impressed that the receptionist allow us to fit in the room to take a rest and have a breakfast, too. and it was not optional.
But is was special because they already had a vacant though.
Breakfast was contain with bread, ham, egg and fresh (squeeze fruits on demand) juice, They help us a lot.
In front of the BB, walk right 2 blocks (5 minutes), you can reach "Plaza Vea" you can get
any foods,drink etc. you want, even the cafeteria to get all good peruvian food by weight instantly.
And then turn right to the south walk 5 minutes to get the entrance of large handcraft market
there. That is only the entrance there are a couple of them. Larco mar is more south.
I think the price of BB is not so expensive in this tourist area. And more I love their hospitality they had. I was really appreciated.

Room Tip: If you prefer more clean and wide shower room, choose room from the stairs outside. If you prefer m...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
france
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Although I wasn't so delighted with the tiny single room and its view onto a back wall all was pardoned because of the friendly, helpful owners, good shower, the lovely patio and great breakfast ( wirh real, fresh coffee, ironically hard to come by in Peru) and the good, safe location. Perhaps the double rooms are bigger. But all in all, for a couple of nights I was very happy with my choice.

Cecilia can help you with travel plans and is so friendly. She let me store my backpack with them for a month at no charge. I booked ahead with Booking,com and the hotel organized a taxi pick-up from the airport. You are in walking distance to Parque Kennedy and shops etc.

Room Tip: Double must be bigger
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Almere, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I booked this hotel based on some positive reviews on Trip advisor and a hotel booking site. Overall I was very disappointed with my experience. The room was very cold (it had tiles) and there was no hot water. We only stayed for only one night and the day after the sole staff member was not very helpful in trying to arrange our payment in time for us to catch our buss. The plus side of the hotel is the location. It is situated in a nice neighborhood in Lima very close to a good shopping area. Also, the hotel pick up service was good.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
chechi, Propietario at B&B Miraflores Wasi, responded to this review, August 20, 2011
Hello Sir, thank you for the comment, it always help us to improve and make our passengers stays more comfortable. I checked the room where you stayed and there is hot water, it has to be open slowly to give time to the heather to start, but if you open it so fast in full it wont start. I know may sound complicated and that is the reason why we decided to put a sign with the instrucions in the bathroom just in case passengers like you dont get the hot water easily. We are a small b&b and we try to do the best with the budget, even if we dont leave blankets or pillows at each room, if you ask for them we will be happy to give you what you need. We also have heating machines for the passengers on request, because Lima is not a really cold city and for some passengers heating is not needed. Also you could request your bill earlier to avoid being in a hurry at check out, but the recepcionist now ask always the departure time for each passenger this way you dont have to be in a hurry to pay the bill and take your transportation. I hope next time we can do better to change your impression about our b&b.
London, England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

I stayed here in January, and it was great, booked to stay here again in August, and now reverse my opinion. I booked a superior room in March for 3 nights in August, and it was confirmed. About 3 weeks before my arrival, I received an email stating 'because of changes' the room was no longer available, and offering a superior room at another of their hotels some blocks away, and at a higher price! Nedless to say I did not stay here, but found an equally good value hotel nearby. I have read that in Lima it is not uncommon to have confirmed accomodation 'unconfirmed', but it is the first time that I haveexperienced it. An email of protest to the owner remains unanswered.

Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Hello Sir, I checked the situation and I requested the recepcionist to confirm to you the booking because she made a mistake when she wrote the e mail. We have only 8 rooms and sometimes is coplicated to manage availability, when she wrote to you she was supposed to offer to you the upgrade to our other hotel, but the idea was to give you the choice not to force you, then after your answer we could confirm to the other passenger or not. I read the e mail and is true, she did not explained herself and we have already fixed the situation sending you an e mail and offering the confirmed room. Please reply to your e mail advising if you still want the reservation or if you want us to cancel. Sorry again for the confusion. Kind regards, Cecilia Salas - Manager.
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Good location next to Plaza Vea and ca. 15 minutes to the main plaza in a quiet and safe area. The room was nice and very clean. The shower worked good with plenty of hot water. Free WiFi (good connection) and breakfast. The staff was friendly and helpful. All in all a good value for money. We would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

We enjoyed staying at this B&B. The rooms were pretty basic, but very clean and comfortable. The B&B is in a great location, on a quiet street in the lovely neighborhood of Miraflores. It was also a great price for Miraflores, at USD $40 for a double room, private bathroom with hot water, and breakfast included.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to B&B Miraflores Wasi? Share your experiences!