“The worst hotel experience I have had so far. Avoid.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hostal Las Fresas

You added Hostal Las Fresas to your Saves list
Hostal Las Fresas
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   Calle Las Fresas 221 | Urbanizacion El Olivar, Lima Lima 01, Peru   |
Ranked #77 of 242 Lima B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“The worst hotel experience I have had so far. Avoid.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

The hotel was located in a very bad neighbourhood. It is a very dangerous place where one cannot go out at night. There was no hot water. The room was smelly and dirty. I stayed two days and didn't clean the room. The beds were terrible with plastic on the mattress. The breakfast was expensive and horrible. They charged 25 for a Taxi to collect you at the airpot but the Taxi doesn't have a permit to park inside the airport and you have to walk all the way to the outside of the airport with your luggage. Outside a Taxi cost approx. 10 soles till the hotel. There was not TV in the room despite being described in the room facilities.The staff asked 50 soles to change to a similiar room with TV! But the difference on the website was only 10 soles! This is the worst hotel experience I had so far. If you want a place near the airport to crash between flights look somewhere. Avoid this place like a plague for your own good, unless you want to be robbed by the hotel staff and their neighbours.

Room Tip: Don't use this hotel...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Friedrichshafen, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed there one night between flights. Their taxi wouldve been cheaper, but still expensive. Room big, quiet location. Breakfast "only with forewarning" - as if one night wouldnt be enough. Their taxi didnt arrive in the morning, so I got my money back and took the first car that stopped to a wave of a hand.
I'm sure there's other hostels closer to the airport.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed here for the first night of my travels. The owner Rafael is very helpful, got up in the middle of the night to welcome me and can organise airport transfers for you etc. Its really close to the airport which is what I needed and there's a main street a short walk away where there's shops and money exchange.

I stayed in a double room with ensuite. Small and basic but clean and did the job!

• Stayed June 2012
Holbaek, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

After several weeks in Peru my boyfriend and I stayed for 3 days at Hostal Las Fresas. We liked our room, there was hot water and the staff was very very nice. We used one day with Paulino, The father of the owner, in Lima, he showed us the zoo and the waterpark wit art. We are very satisfied about our stay at this hostel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We booked a night at Las Fresas because we read it was close to the airport, and the price was right ($20)- but transportation to/from the hostal, arranged by the hostal, cost $10 each way- as much as a night in the hostal. And the arranged transportation was a public taxi- yes, someone met us at the airport with a sign with our name, but he just walked with us to the public taxis outside the airport grounds, bargained with the drivers there, and put us in a pubic taxi. The taxi driver didn’t even know where the hostal was- took several wrong turns before funding the right street. But I can’t really blame him- the hostal is in a residencial neighborhood in the middle of nowhere - all the streets look the same. There is a kitchen in the hostal, but we weren’t told we could use it. There is a small store on the corner, and we were able to buy bread and cheese for our dinner- not much else in the store.
The room was essentially clean, but worn. The mattress was obviously cheap, the pillows like large rocks, and the water in the shower never got warm. The wifi worked, the TV had English channels, but poor reception.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

After a long, late flight, it was nice to come to a place w/ a homey feeling! The pick-up from the airport was smooth! What caught my attention was the cleanliness of the place- from the receiving area, to the floors, the stairs and then our good-sized room w/ ensuite bathroom! There was really nothing fancy about the hostal but for the price we paid for 1 overnight stay, I would definitely say it was worth it!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Victor was a great host -- he answered my emails and questions promptly, helped to explain pick up to/from the airport, and made us feel very welcome when we arrived. We booked Hostel Las Fresas because of its nearby location to the airport, since we were on our way to Cusco.

The best part was when I accidentally left my glasses and sunglasses behind, and he emailed me letting me know he had them and I could pick them up when I returned to Lima from Cusco. He kept them safe and reassured me it would all work out.

The room was clean, and the bathroom was clean. Rooms were a great price. It's the perfect place for lodging if you need a quick place near the airport, and you're on your way to Cusco the next day.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hostal Las Fresas? Share your experiences!