“Loved 3B Barranco B&B!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 3B Barranco's - Chic and Basic - B&B

You added 3B Barranco's - Chic and Basic - B&B to your Saves list
3B Barranco's - Chic and Basic - B&B
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Jr. Centenario 130 | Barranco, Lima 04, Peru (Formerly 3B Barranco's Bed & Breakfast)   |
Ranked #1 of 242 Lima B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“Loved 3B Barranco B&B!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I am a single female traveller and the staff made me feel so welcome. First, I have to say they are soooo responsive to my emails and answering ALL my questions.

Second, I missed my flight from Washington, D.C. and my first night at their hotel. In my GREATI disappointment, I contacted them and asked them to keep my reservation. They did. My reserved stay was from September 9-September 13, 2013. They were sooo... patient and gracious. I was very......thankful. Also, they arranged a safe taxi driver for me. I finished customs from the Lima airport at 10:20pm..late. I looked around and found my taxi driver waiting in line for me with a sign with my name on it. WOW!!! I felt really GOOD and thankful.

Third. they have 4 or 5 breakfast options everyday. I chose Option 1. Scrambled eggs with tomatoes, mushrooms and cheese, and toast and jams. Also I chose orange juice. LOVE IT!!!
SHOUT OUT to the breakfast staff!!!

Also, there is a 24 hour tea and coffee station to warm you during your stay.

Fourth ... They are in a great location, plenty of banks,and restaurants nearby They give you a map and tell you places to see: parks, shopping and tours. They call safe taxis for you if you like. They are so warm and welcoming. They made me feel like family but nicer!!!

The rooms are modern and pretty looking. I loved the art on the walls and the TV. The beds are supportive and comfortable. There was also plenty of closet space.

Fourth...please do not hesitate to come here. You will love it as I did !!!!. This was a GREAT choice. I am still thinking about 3B Barranco EVERY DAY . I am definitely returning here in 2014.

They are very well organized and go out of their way to make sure you have a GREAT TIME during your stay. You will not regret it.

SHOUT OUT....... to Angela, Elizabeth, the Manager and breakfast staff and housekeeping- LOVE YOU, YOU ARE GREAT!!!

Thinking of you constantly!

Janice

Room Tip: I was on the second floor. Loved my room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed twice on our trip, both times were perfect. The owners are so friendly and all the other staff were great too. The rooms are very new looking with great bathrooms, complimentary chocolates and comfy beds. Several good places to eat just down the road. We didn't notice the traffic noise at all from our room.

They were great when we arrived very early from a bus trip from Arequipa, we were flying out too early the next morning to have breakfast so they let us have breakfast on arrival (8am) and our room was ready by 10am! We could have a much needed shower so many thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Firenze
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Great structure and great stuff, very helpful.
They know what a tourist needs and give you the right hint.
My girlfriend had an health issue and they were very kind allowing us a late check-out.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This B&B is in a charming neighborhood setting, within a short walking distance to the ocean. The B&B is well appointed with modern design and great artwork. Breakfast is included and a coffee station is available, with a comfortable seating area where you can meet friends. The staff is uber friendly & service oriented. Some of the rooms have a lovely window garden setting, with windows you can open. Because the B&B is located in a popular residential area, you can hear mild traffic, of which ear plugs were provided for the super sensitive. We did not use the shuttle service, but all our needs were met. Initially we arrived and stayed at a chain hotel en route to Machu Picchu, but we loved the old town setting near the ocean giving us a delightful flavor in Lima. We would recommend this location to our friends traveling to Peru.

Room Tip: Check for availability for the second floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is no Basic Hotel or B&B ! Boasting many Trip Advisor awards - this is a full featured hotel with first class service.

We booked the taxi service in advance with the hotel from the airport (Recommended), the gentleman was so friendly and even gave us a mini tour of Lima.

On arrival - there was a free map of the area and lots of great suggestions about where to visit and what to eat.
The Hotel is situated in Barranco,(The bohemian suburb of Lima) ,there is lots to see and do. Local museums, eateries, mini festivals and an amazing corner bakery a few blocks down. Definitely explore all the independent food stores to find some great food.
Miraflores is about a 15 minute walk away and its only a 5 minutes walk to the nearest commuter bus terminal.

There is wifi throughout the hotel, free tea/coffee/hot chocolate 24 hours a day and always someone at reception.

Rooms were very clean with a relaxing/zen theme of grey slate and bamboo in the bathrooms and courtyard, where you can take time out to read or enjoy a beverage.

Complimentary breakfast cooked to order or what I would recommend is the fresh fruit salad, bright colours and mouthfuls of bursting flavour helped start our day.

Contrary to the guidebooks - Lima (And certainly Barranco) are not dangerous. Just be sensible and look after your safety/valuables as you would in any Country.

All the team were very happy to help and although we only stayed 4 nights before travelling to Cuzco, there was plenty more to see.

Room Tip: The large room at the back of the hotel on the ground floor is a great size. Wifi reception is a bit...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

All the positive comments on this wonderful place are absolutely true! We stayed here for two nights and they were the most comfortable nights we had during our one month stay in Peru. We felt totally welcomed and enjoyed the comfortable beds and the modern rooms. Everything seems quite new and is very clean. We had a room on the ground floor and it was really quiet, eventhough it was close to the little kitchen where breakfast is prepared. There is a 24hours coffee and tea station, free wifi in the room and the biggest advantage of the B&B is the friendly staff.
My friend needed a doctor and the staff organized everything and once the doctor was there, they did a great job translating spanish/ english, as our spanish is not good enough to communicate with a physician. Thanks again for that!!! Once we´ll get back to Lima, we will definately come back to the 3B Barranco´s B&B and I recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is a small and very nice and clean place to stay. The staff is very friendly and helpful and it is in a great safe location to walk to the beach, restaurants and bars. We really enjoyed our stay, and they also accept credit cards. The only drawback I had is that we have several friends in Lima and that they would not let any of them come to our room even for a few minutes either before or after going out for the day or evening.

Room Tip: If coming from the airport, arrange transport with the hotel ahead of time to save any problems, and...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to 3B Barranco's - Chic and Basic - B&B? Share your experiences!