“A Basic Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Inca, Boutique Hotel

You added Casa Inca, Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Casa Inca, Boutique Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Calle Cmdte. O"Donovan 115 | Miraflores, Lima Lima-14, Peru   |
Ranked #27 of 242 Lima B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“A Basic Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It's an old home converted to a hotel. I would rate this as a 2 star (definitely not 4 star as we were told) with very basic amenities. Rooms are bare bones with no A/C. Location was convenient and safe to walk around. The first day we had to skip a shower because there was no hot water. Apparently they did not have it turned on!
When we checked in, the lady at the front desk took us to a room in the outside courtyard. The room was tiny, stuffy, musty and just plain cheap. She said there were no other rooms available. Soon the shift at the front desk changed and we had the pleasure of working with JOSHUA. He is the nicest guy and agreed to help us change our room to one with a nice large window that had partial ocean view and the most beautiful breeze. We were headed out for a tour and he offered to shift our baggage to the new room. He had the nicest attitude and did everything to help us have a good stay.
Breakfast had an average selection, but great service. The lady was eager to help and tried to accommodate our requests. She even made some chicken soup for a person in our group that did not feel well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main house, not in the back courtyard.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Enjoyed this hotel very much. Got an exceptional price on Expedia. The price doubled for the next week when it was full, but still a good price. Nice breakfast. Comfortable room. Almost 4 star quality. There was an earthquake one evening and the night desk clerk came to the room and reassuringly asked everybody to leave their rooms while he checked some things. He was very courteous and calm. After I left I realized I had left something behind. I called and they had it and FedEx'ed to me in Colombia.

Room Tip: Room 10 was great!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2015

Great location, very friendly and helpful staff, delicious breakfast. The location is very convenient and safe as well. Plus, I love that they have tea and coffee available around the clock by the front desk. This was my second stay at Casa Inca and I plan to keep coming back!

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2015

My spouse and I spent nearly three weeks in Peru. Our start was here.

I'm a tour director who WON'T do a "tour," except one which I arrange. So I checked this out. I regret it not a microgram.

First, many thanks, Rodrigo. He was standing in for a friend of his at the front desk and he helped us, from telling me where the post office was for me to purchase stamps, to suggesting a few things we might want to see.

Then there was Mauricio, and two women whose name I--forgive me--noted not, adequately. They were all great.

The room was super. Nothing special but, I'm in Peru! I don't want to stay at somewhere like I'd be staying while touring DC or Newark! It was a great location; to honest, it was a pretty affluent area. But, still, between upscale restaurants, shopping malls, JF Kennedy Park (really!) and a down home market--not to mention a somewhat academic bookstore where I was able to find some wonderful work, the location was within walking distance of them all.

And the breakfast: it was out of this world.

I'm looking forward to an eventual return to Lima just so I can stay here again. And then maybe I can acknowledge the hotel's staff with bigger tips. They deserve every bit of them!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2014

Clean, spacious room in a great location. Staff was very helpful. Laundry service was nice.Located on a relatively quit street right near the Larcomar Mall in Miaraflores and just a few steps away from the sea. You are at a walkable distance to all conveniences. The breakfast good with fresh fruits, breads,cereals and made to order eggs.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2014

This small hotel is located right down the street from the Larcomar Mall in Miaraflores and just a few steps away from the sea. You are at a walkable distance to all conveniences. The room was spacious and comfortable, the breakfast good with fresh fruits, toasts and cereals. The place was once home to Peru's famous archaeologist Julio Tello, so decor includes artifacts on the walls and in display cases. The place is well-situated and very comfortable.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

We stayed at the Casa Inca for 2 nights. We were a little worried about its location because our taxi driver from the airport had a lot of difficulties finding it. Once there, all our worries were gone. It is a "perfect" location. In the center but off the beaten track. It truly is within walking distance of everything you might want, including the city tour bus. Our room was on the ground floor in the original house, and that was more important to me than a view. It had character, and that was, after all, why we chose this hotel over a big, modern high rise. The breakfast was lovely, the Internet was sketchy. They arranged for our taxi to the airport and the driver was prompt. Should I find myself in Lima again, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Wifi was free, but not dependable.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Inca, Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!