“Ok hotel, great location, decent price.” 3 of 5 stars

Suites Larco 656
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Av Larco 656 - Miraflores, Lima, Peru   |
Ranked #56 of 219 Lima B&B and Inns
Redwood City, California
“Ok hotel, great location, decent price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

I was quite happy with this hotel. I really liked our suite, two bedrooms, kitchenette, small living room, and one bath. They had an internet room, a nice breakfast (better on the weekends,) and very friendly staff. The location was the best with a lot of shopping, restaurants, and sites to see.

I have three complaints:

1. My bed was really hard and uncomfortable.

2. Our room was right next to the laundry room which ran all night long. We were told they were short on towels and had to wash them daily. The noise of the laundry wasn't too bad, it was the voices of the workers that kept me up. They were talking very loud!

3. This one is a biggie: We came back to the hotel early one day and the cleaning lady was just finishing. She was cleaning the kitchen and I saw her take a wet rag and wipe all the plates, glasses, and cups with it. No soap even though we had purchased dish soup and it was sitting on the counter. I was so grossed out that I asked her to stop. Who knows how many times she used that rag? I proceeded to wash everything again, with soap!

Aside from my 3 complaints, I still liked the hotel. It was ok for my purpose which was a place to sleep after a long day of site seeing and visiting with family. I will probably stay there again but I'll make sure to wash all the dishes before I use them!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Santa Monica, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

Rooms are clean but plain, minimally furnished, and kind of dark. The staff vary quite a bit, some are helpful. We were told we would have free Internet access, but as it turned out, not all rooms have cabled Internet connection, and the wireless did not work. Only one of the computers in the business center worked, and the staff seemed to have no idea what was wrong with the other one or if it would ever be fixed. On the positive side, there was an excellent free breakfast with great variety in a comfortable, sunny breakfast room looking out at the street, and the location is great. Easy walking distance to all of Miraflores, LarcoMar, and the beach.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Elk Grove Village, Il. 60007
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2008

I have stayed at Hostal Larco three times that I have been to Peru and am planning on going again in January! The staff is the same people and there is an cyber cafe inside and a disco dwonstairs which you do not hear. It telle me something about the place if they are able to keep the same employees for three years now. The roomas are not the greatest but clean and your own bathroom. It cost me 20 dollars a night for two people and a private bathroom with hot water and very friendly people working there. It is two doors down from the Marriot and Larco Mar which is the place to go to see the view of the ocean and restaurants and even a bowling alley and movie theatre. I have always enjoyed myself there and the people remember me from two years ago. I speak little spanish and they are very kind and understanding. For that price and location you cannot beat it. It is very safe and the area is fantastic. Teh brothers who work the internet are very kind and helpful as well. I feel very at home and no problems when I am there. I did stay the first time at Hotel Esperanza and they are nosey and want to know all the business that goes on and it is not close to the main strip. You will agree with me I am certain that this is the choise to make upon arriving to Lima. They are located at Av. Larco 1247 Miraflores and their phone number is 447-5374. I stay in the same room every time because I like the view of the ocean in the morning and it is on the top floor and mostly windows. A beatiful view and spacious rooms. Granted they do not have an elevator but they are not required to since it is only four floors. I do not care and carry my luggage up four floors to be in my room! It is the best place I have stayed and great staff! I will return there soon! Take my advice and check it out and see for yourself about the location and staff! Buena Suerte! Sincerely a happy customer of Hostal Larco! Joseph Feret Chicago, Il. :)

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2008

Hotel location is perfect, just in the middle of Miraflores, 5 blocks from the beach, a huge mall, 6 blocks from ruins (Huaca Pucllana), 2 blocks from folkcloric and handicraft stores (Petit Thuars stores), surrounded by banks, exchange houses, restaurants, parks and getting a taxi to move around.
For the location, rooms and amenities (breakfast included, internet access) price was great!
Hotel rooms are huge, clean and quiet.
Much recommended for a nice stay in Lima

• Liked — Location, Cleanliness, Staff, Price
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Suites Larco 656? Share your experiences!