“Best civiche, pisco sour & service in Peru” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood, Peruvian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery
Helena, Montana
“Best civiche, pisco sour & service in Peru”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Wow! We went here on a Sunday afternoon and knew it was going to be good when there were only Pereuvians dining. We ate the civiche mixto or some such dish that was full of the MOST delicious seafood. I can't recommend it highly enough. The owner even came and chatted with us for a while. He was super nice. The service was outstanding. It had a meat dish for my 12 year old daughter but my son had a decisous pasta seafood. And don't go without having at least one pisco sour. We tried pisco sours everywhere we dined in Peru. Non compared to here. It was art. I'd go back in a heartbeat. Considering my huge plate of a wide variety of delectable seafood cost $14, I would recommend this to anyone going to Lima.

• Visited August 2012

Helena, Montana
“Possibly the best Ceviche in Mira Flores”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We went to El Pez Amigo on the recommendation of the driver at our Hostel. Though located at the south end of Mira Flores it was well worth the walk. On a Sunday at 2:30 in the afternoon the place was packed with locals. After a couple of the best pisco sours we had in South America we settled into the best ceviche I've ever had anywhere. Our waiter was excellent and at the end of the meal the owner came over and sat down to chat. We got into a long discussion on the merits of different Piscos and he ended up giving us a bottle as a gift. Excellent food, excellent service, and one of the friendliest restaurants we encountered in 9 weeks of traveling in South America.

• Visited August 2012
Ashburn, Virginia
“Friendliest place in miraflores, same owner for 20 years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Great Peruvian food. Owner was very nice. We spent 2 hours eating drinking and speaking to owner and locals. Owner speaks good English. His name is Luis. Our waiter was Alberto Rios del risco and he provided excellent service. If you r staying in miraflores, this restaurant is a must go. The cev iche octopus was excellent and very tender. We also had a green rice dish with fresh scallops from paracas and shrimp. And had to finish with 3 local
Desserts. My friend favorite was the 3 milk cake ( thres leche )

Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Seviche”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We read that this is where the locals eat, and indeed it seemed like a popular local lunch spot. A little bit out of the way, with fresh, delicious seafood nicely presented in a pleasant atmosphere.

Visited July 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
“Don't miss this restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I'm basically a vegetarian, but when I travel I find myself looking forward to a local fish dinner - so I have to make my choice very carefully. Of all the seafood restaurants I've visited around the world - El Pez Amigo is the best. From now on, any Civiche I eat will be compared against El Pez Amigos.

Note: Only open from lunch to 5 pm - double check me though... Menu is only in Spanish, but owner speaks English and will graciously help.

• Visited July 2012