“Gerson is great” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Amazon Jungle Guide

The Amazon Jungle Guide
Calle Central Mz P Lt 8 Asent. H. Nvo Versalles | Punchana - District, Iquitos 16001 Iquitos, Peru
(+51) 965 013225
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 20 Attractions in Iquitos
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: Curuhuinsi Eco Adventure Tours & Expeditions it is a local Tour Company, which is run by local people, based out in Puerto Miguel, Ucayali river, 260 km south Iquitos, Peruvian Amazon. Gerson Pizango, 'The Amazon Jungle Guide', can offer you a totally unique and authentic Amazon experience.
Chicago, Illinois
“Gerson is great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Gerson Pizango was our guide and he could not have been nicer or more accommodating. It was just me and my boyfriend, which made the experience very personal. We had a limited amount of time in the Amazon, but he was able to make sure we had time to do everything we wanted to, including pirhana fishing, dolphin spotting, and visiting an animal sanctuary. I highly recommend him. He really does everything he can to make your trip special.

Visited September 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Amazing Amazon experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I can't say enough positive things about this experience. I would highly recommend this experience if you are prepared to get sweaty, try new things, and enjoy the "wild" and all that comes with that!

We wanted an authentic amazon adventure and that's what we got. We were 4 Canadian girls in our 20s travelling through Peru and doing some natural medicine volunteering. Gerson and his gang of guides tapered our adventure to suit our interests in natural and botanical medicine (We did a several jungle hikes/walks). Other adventures included piraña fishing, caiman "hunting", river dolphin watching/swimming, bird watching, monkey visits, night walks to see spiders, etc etc. This was awesome!
Staying at the lodge was amazing. It's situated right in the jungle and you fall asleep to the sounds of the Amazon!! It is rustic but completely comfortable, and serving some of the best food I ate while during my month in Peru.

Thanks for an amazing time Gerson, Kid, Olin and friends!!

Visited May 2014
Lincoln, California
“Great tour! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

The whole experience was amazing. They really take care of you. The days are custom built and full of so much cool stuff. We saw pink dolphins and held sloths and hung out with monkeys... Food was plentiful and delicious and the whole lodge felt like Swiss Family Robinson. Great company. Would have been five stars but he almost made us miss our flight out of town by being late.

Sydney, Australia
“Most Thrilling Experience of My Life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Kid was the best tour guide I could have asked for. He spoke perfect English and made sure to make everything an unforgettable experience. When deciding what to do he never said no to any of my request of activities. I don't know how he spots out all the animals but he can find them all from far away. He was happy to teach me many skills to use when catching animals and surviving in the jungle. I definitely plan to come back again and stay for a much longer period of time!

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Unforgettable Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

There is no set itinerary. We were asked what we wanted to do and we did it. We hunted for and caught cayman. We fished for pirahna in the morning and ate them at night. Our amazing guide Kid caught an anaconda. Visited a local village. This is no Disney Cruise. If you want amazing adventure and the experience of a lifetime, this is the place for you. Spartan accomodations. Great food. Extremely knowledgeable guides who have lived their whole lives in the area. One of the greatest adventures of my life.

Visited May 2014