“Beyond Expectations” 5 of 5 stars
Review of San Pedro Lodge E.I.R.L.

You added San Pedro Lodge E.I.R.L. to your Saves list
San Pedro Lodge E.I.R.L.
3.0 of 5 Lodge   |   San Pedro - Rio Nanay, Iquitos, Peru   |
Ranked #12 of 85 Specialty Lodging in Iquitos
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Beyond Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Our experience at San Pedro lodge was incredible in so many ways. My fiance and I were looking for a quiet escape from the fast paced city life and a chance to connect with nature in a relaxing beautiful setting. We got all we wanted and more. From the start, Gart the manager's correspondence was prompt and helpful. We were picked up at a convenient location near where we were staying in Iquitos and transported directly to a jungle paradise. We stayed in a lovely clean bungalow (with a great mattress and bathroom) which happened to be right near the water as the river was high due to the rainy season. We started each day with a swim in the clean refreshing water, followed by a lovely complimentary breakfast. Aside from the exciting hike to the lupuna tree and surrounding villages, we also had some adventurous canoe rides exploring the various nearby areas. But the true bulk of our time was spent swinging in hammocks reading and watching the interaction between the monkeys, cats, and dogs who were all quite friendly. The San Pedro Lodge crew also were very accommodating in arranging ayahuasca ceremonies and preparing us specific diets which was much appreciated. All and all a great place to take in nature, meet great and interesting people, and truly get away from it all. We love you San Pedro Lodge! Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
MrGart, Owner at San Pedro Lodge E.I.R.L., responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Hello Ryno and Devin!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of your time with us. We all enjoyed your visit immensely and have fond memories of our time together. I hope you will be able to come back and visit us sometime. meanwhile, enjoy your travels and stays around the world and please keep us posted on your adventures!

Best wishes,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

People are so friendly, and I really had a great experience that I could never have at any other place! San Pedro Lodge is a very peaceful, beautiful place. I wish I want to live there forever! I also recommend to book the trips they offer!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Hello Yong!

Thank you for your review of your stay with us at the San Pedro Lodge. It was great to have you as our guest and enjoyed your stay with us enormously. Thanks for choosing us to be your hosts during your stay in the Amazon rainforest. It was great to meet you and spend time with, and hopefully, we can do it again sometime.

Best wishes!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at San Pedro Lodge and an unforgetable experience owing to the friendliness of our hosts Gart, Ernesto and Jino. To us, they were more like fellow travellers that you would meet along the journey and never wish to part again. They helped us out with lots of advice, provided us with an indept knowledge of the reason and were very flexible with the arrangments we had to make with no strings attached.

At the same time, the food was excellent and always enough to find an entire family. At times we even had the pleasure to taste some of the delicious jungle fruit refreshments or have beer with our hosts free of charge.

The excursion we made with Jino were a lot of fun and gave us a good understanding of the region, not to mention the bargain price of these trips. Our guide was there for us at any time and really engaged in all the activities. Without him the trip would not have been the same! He even waited for us at the airport upon our arrival despite our delay and helped us to get a cabin in one of the ferries from Iquitos to Yurimuagus. This Is more than just an ordinary service, this Is friendship.

Again, thank you a lot guys for the wonderful time. It was a real pleasure getting you to know and a must stay more any traveler coming to the Iquitos!

• Stayed December 2011
MrGart, Manager at San Pedro Lodge E.I.R.L., responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Hi guys!

Thank you for those kind words, it really means a lot to us at the San Pedro Lodge. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us: we truly enjoyed having you as our guests. Sometimes there is a special connection with our guests, and that was certainly the case with you. "Friendship" is indeed a good word for that. We wish you happy travels, wherever they may take you, and we hope to welcome you back to San Pedro sometime.

Warm regards,

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

It was truly an incredible and unforgettable experience to stay in SanPedro Lodg, thery were very friendly and accommodating.Free pick up from Iquitos city or airport is a real bonus for tourist. I didn't expect I would get an accommodation in a rusticl jungle area. Every morning, I waked up by birds and insects...,every single moment breathed in with rich oxygen and lovely sweetness flower smell....night time you could see beautiful thousand of stars cross over blue sky and glow warms flew between trees and grasses....jurst felt like in a fairy tale story or in heaven! The bungalow is jurst like your small territory in jungle kingdom with a cozy bed and nature rain water for shower. The manager Gart is a knowledgeable, friendly and helpful person. Thank you Gart cooked lovely breakfast and vegetarian meal for me and shared life and Amazon experience with me. Thank you Ernesto to be my jungle tour guide to deep jungle to see the famous great Lupuna tree (that moment, I could feel the tree jurst like in Avatar movie that real!) and introduced me lots of native plants, even spoke in Spanish (but I could only understand in English)...ha! lovely! we still figured out to communicate to each other. I felt like be part of family when I stayed over there, it was one of my best holidays experience and memory! If I had a chance, I definitely come back to visit you guys again!

Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Hi Carol!

Thanks so much for your kind comments. I am glad you had such a nice experience traveling the Amazon with us. The hike to the lupuna tree is one of our favorites, too :-) We also enjoyed our Chinese language classes! Jino still remembers most of it, I'm afraid I have forgotten most words already. Old age, I´m sure! Thanks again, Carol, I hope we will meet again some day.
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

I visited the San Pedro Lodge with 3 of my friends and it was an incredible visit. The manager, Gart, and his team and their culinary skills are going to be missed! His team of guides including Jino and Ernesto are marvelous. The lodge is quite picturesque and is surrounded by a gorgeous lake. The accommodations are also very comfortable. From exploring the local village to boat trips on the Amazon and Nile ,each experience allowed my friends and I to understand how truly magical the people and island of Iquitos are. Gart was always very accommodating and is extremely knowledgeable about Iquitos. Highlights of Iquitos include Monkey Island and traversing the sights and smells of the Belen Market. Tt was truly one of the most memorable vacations I have ever been on and will definitely return to visit Iquitos and the San Pedro Lodge in future

Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
MrGart, Manager at San Pedro Lodge E.I.R.L., responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Hi Caroline!

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate it. I am glad you all had such a good time with us; we did enjoy your company as well. Also a big 'thank you' for referring us to your friends! We are looking forward to welcoming Maureen to the lodge later this month. Of course, if you and the guys ever decide to come back to Iquitos, you will be more than welcome to stay with us again. Please give my regards to Andreas, Matt and Eric!

Cologne, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Had a great, if short, stay at the San Pedro Lodge. Both Manager Gart and Cook/Swiss Army Knife Ernesto are very dedicated to making guests feel at home. On top of that, the beds are comfy and the huts are safe and there are cats dogs and a little monkey that create some action. I had the honor of participating in a football match with the local villagers - a very unusual experience. Ernestos dishes were a highlight as well. Thanks for everything and especially with coming coming up with a tailor-made program for the 1.5 days I had at the San Pedro Lodge!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
MrGart, Manager at San Pedro Lodge E.I.R.L., responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Thank you, David, for your kind words! It's greatly appreciated. We also enjoyed your company, even though it was a short visit. Maybe we can welcome you back for a longer stay sometime in the future. Meanwhile, happy travels, wherever they may take you!
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Had an incredible time in the jungle thanks to Gart and his team, best experience of my holiday in Peru, so relaxing!!! Incredibly cheap accomodation and meals, and the food was amazing, I absolutely loved it. The crew working there are really friendly, Gart speaks english and Spanish and is very knowlagable of the area. Loved the jungle!!!!! Nice river to swim in which is like a warm bath, loved going canoeing and fishing and swinging on the hammock. Beatifull place and I highly recommend it, incredible experience.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
MrGart, Manager at San Pedro Lodge E.I.R.L., responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Hi Alex!

Thank you for visiting the San Pedro Lodge! It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back sometime soon. Bring some of of those Kiwis with you! :-) Meanwhile, I am looking forward to following your postings on Facebook.

Kind regards,

Gart

PS: Don't lose that positive spirit!

Been to San Pedro Lodge E.I.R.L.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about San Pedro Lodge E.I.R.L.

Address: San Pedro - Rio Nanay, Iquitos, Peru
Location: Peru > Loreto Region > Iquitos
Bar / Lounge Beach Free Breakfast Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 85 Specialty Lodging in Iquitos
Hotel Class:3 star — San Pedro Lodge E.I.R.L. 3*
The San Pedro Lodge is a modest but comfortable jungle lodge that offers the best of both worlds. It is located on the Nanay River, at less than two hours from down town Iquitos and less than an hour from the airport, but you would never know it, for its peaceful rainforest environment.Come and enjoy the beauty of the Peruvian Amazon rain forest, which has the highest biodiversity on earth. We will take you on a variety of day trips and tours to destinations throughout the Iquitos region.Or you can simply stay at the lodge and enjoy the tranquility of our forests and lakes. Go for a swim, a canoe ride, a jungle hike deep into the forest, or a village visit; we promise you, you will not be bored.The lodge has four bungalows, each with first-class beds and bathrooms with showers. Two bungalows have two rooms each that share a bathroom;the other two bungalows have one room each, with a private bathroom.All beds are fitted with mosquito-nets.Our rates are among the lowest in the region. A single room starts at just 60 soles (21 dollars) per night, and that includes breakfast and a free airport pickup. Drinking water and fresh fruit drinks are also free of charge, as well as the accommodations you can use at the lodge.Please let us know your wishes and special requests and we will work hard to make your dream trip into the Amazon rainforest a reality. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your San Pedro Lodge E.I.R.L. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage San Pedro Lodge E.I.R.L., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.