“Great Stay in Iquitos” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nativa Apartments

You added Nativa Apartments to your Saves list
Nativa Apartments
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Nanay # 144 | Between Nauta and Napo Street, Iquitos PE65, Peru   |
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Iquitos
Perth, Australia
“Great Stay in Iquitos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed here before and after a tour up the Amazon. This was perfect for the four of us, (
two couples.)
Two double rooms, kitchen and lounge area.
Staff really friendly, they organised our washing (S/.3 per kilo) and we could leave luggage there.
Mototaxi right there and easy to walk to centre and get to airport.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Ojai, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Room was decent size and very clean and quiet. Location good. Did not really have a 'kitchen' only a counter, fridge and hot pot. Very basic clean accommodation with pleasant staff. Air conditioner works well but no blanket on bed, just small, thin throw.

Room Tip: Queen bed is a double. Recommend two beds unless you are very small!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Marathon, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I spent two nights at this lovely quiet place, just a short walk from all the goings on in the downtown area of Iquitos. The rooms are impeccably clean, nice hot shower, refrigerator with dishes and silver ware to have breakfast in your room. If you chose to utilize the main mode of transportation to the town center, a motokar, the cost is usually 2 soles or about $.50 US. This main mode of transportation is always a blast, you'll enjoy.

The owner and employees are very gracious and will do anything to make your stay enjoyable. Valuable information about Peru and the area is yours for the asking.

When I return to Iquitos this is definitely a place I will return to without delay.

Room Tip: One has the choice of size of room, oh yes, I believe they all have AC
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Close to the center, well located. Super friendly staff. Was hill for a couple of days and they treated me like being part of their family. A friendly and safe place to be while visiting Iquitos. Around the corner there is a market where you can buy the basics.

• Stayed February 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

In January I stayed at Nativa Apartments for two nights before a tour and then for one night afterwards. Once again - I was glad that I took the advice from the other reviewers on Trip Advisor.

At the airport one of the few car taxi's in Iquitos is operated by Carlos who is very friendly and who has an arrangement with Nativa Apartments. Most of the staff at Nativa that I met did not speak English, but they are very friendly and will try to help you. There is another Carlos who watches the front gate at night and his charm and smile are always welcoming.

Fortunately I had the pleasure of meeting Monica (the owner) while I was there. Monica speaks English and she made it a point to make sure I felt welcomed and had help with anything I needed. When I told Monica that I needed a haircut, she even offered to come with me to translate. Monica is an abundant source of information about Iquitos, but it is her attention and care that makes you feel like family (and that's exactly the feeling I had when I returned from my tour).

I had two different rooms for the two times I was there and was pleased with both. They are bigger then your average individual rooms and really feel more like your own apartment as there is a kitchenette/dinette area with sink and refrigerator. Wi-fi connection was okay, but the air-conditioning is a Godsend from the humidity and heat. Breakfast is not included, but you're only a 5-minute walk from the Plaza de Armas and there are restaurants along the way. When I was away for my 7-day tour, I was also allowed to store my luggage at Nativa as well.

My only advice would be to ask for a room towards the back of the building as there can be noise from the front road even during the night.

Great value and my only regret was that I didn't get to say Good-bye to Monica as I had an early flight. But I'll be coming back to Iquitos and when I do, Nativa will be the only place I stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Huaraz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed four days in Navita Apartments and had a very nice and comfortable stay on a good location in the city. With nice staff and good airconditioning!The owner, Monica, gave us many good tips for Iquitos and surroundings and organized a lot for us, so we could make the most out of the relatively short stay! We recommend it to everybody!

Room Tip: Roomchoice depends on how many you are. We had the biggest apartment, because we we're with thre...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Nativa is very nice -- rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable and updated. The staff is accommodating and cheerful. Location is also optimal, especially if you don't want to be right near the busy and noisy Plaza de Armas, but still close enough for a short walk to downtown. Overall, Nativa is my favorite place to stay in Iquitos and I am always welcomed each time I am here. There is a homey, quaint feeling that you don't find at the bigger hotels. A great place to stay!

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Nativa Apartments? Share your experiences!