“Excellent choice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 145 Hotels in Cusco
Houston
“Excellent choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Staff were very friendly. Food was excellent, especially the buffet breakfast. Very good location, in a nice street close to downtown and across the street from a crafts market. And I guess that all hotels in Cuzco do this, but even so, the "mate de coca" (coca infusion) they offered was very well received after arriving at such high altitude.
Definitely a place I would come back!

Room Tip: There are at least two types of rooms, single and double. Even the rooms facing the street were quie...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

To be there was great; good staff who help us with enough information about town; rooms looks clean and kindest; breakfast on time and everyone looking to served as well . Just we feel disappointed with location because is a little far from main square where most visitor spent time. We recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Santiago, Chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I just went with my husband last 12th July, and it was a great experience. People at hotel desk are very friendly and hotel is very cozy.

They have offers to dinner which are very convenient.

It is located about 20 minutes walking from the main square of Cusco. There is a great crafts market just crossing the street where you can shop almost anything from carpets to pins.

Breakfast was not gourgeous, but very very fine. There was a variety of cereals, milk, bread, etc. and fresh fruits, as well as a chef that made fresh omelettes. Nice, uh?

Cusco is noisy, Del Sol Avenue is noisy, but, lets face it, it is the safest and best location to get to know Cusco downtown.

I liked these hotel very much, and I found it well priced.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed at Eco Inn Cusco for 2 nights out of my 7 day stay in Peru. Normally, I would stay away from most hotels that have the word "INN" in it just because most Inn's did not meet my expectations. When I travel, I like to stay in 4 stars and up hotels. However, with this trip the hotel was chosen for us because we went with a tour. I was actually surprised how clean, bright and huge this hotel was. The location was great and was about a 8-10 minute walk to Plaza De Armas. It was so convienet and we did not even need to take a taxi there. We also walked late at night and felt safe. Wifi was great here! It was slow, but definetely not as slow as Urubamba hotels. I was able to chat with friends, check email and facebook without any problems. This hotel did have a TV but only about 2 American channels. The breakfast buffet was generous. They had a omlette station, scrambled eggs, cheese and meat platters, various breads, french toast/crepes/pancakes (varies day to day) and more. They had various teas, coffee and the best hot chocolate I've tasted in Peru. Also there is no need to bring a travel power converter here because they have PLENTY of US electrical outlets in the room. Only issue I had was that the staff were like politicians. They would promise one thing but never deliver. We had asked for more toilet paper in the room and towels two times and I even called them in the front desk and the whole 6 hours no one came up. Check out my review on the SPA! It was super worth it and was only $60 in USD! In the US, this type of spa and quality would cost well over $200!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a very nice hotel, in a great location. Very close (with in walking distance) to Market square, were you can do all the shopping & eating you want. Rooms are clean & medium size. There is a great little restaurant just down the hill & a little bar, that seats about 12 max just up the hill. We had drinks & watch football (Soccer) with the locals. It was great fun! The WiFi is not too good. They offer a generous breakfast buffett. ATM is just a couple doors down, you can get US or Peru currency. The electrical outlets take both US & European.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Good location and very clean room. Market, restaurants, bakeries, and a huge artisan market steps away from hotel.
Most staff are friendly and warm. Restaurant service is not as good. We were a big group traveling, the night we came back from Macchu Picchu,most of us dedided to eat at the hotel restaurant. Restaurant was busy,and staff was busy and overwhelmed. I understand that we have to wait. But staff rudely ignore us. I have to get up to get menus and to ask them to serve us. After 20 minutes, I have to get up again to remind them. After almost an hour, i gave up ,went back to my room. Horrible service at restaurant!
Might go back to hotel next time if price is right only!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dumfries, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The Eco Inn is directly across the street from the Handicraft center of Cusco which I had found on line before our trip and had read good reviews about, the hotel is in walking distance of quite a few things in the middle of town. The rooms are very nice and the amenities are great. They have hot coca leaf tea in the lobby day and night to help aclimate you to the 12,000 foot elevation. The staf was excellent and the food in the hotel was first rate. When I go back I will stay at the same place. For the price you can't beat it. Their gift shop is nice too.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the interior court do not let street noise in, were quiet. Lobby area was great fo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Eco Inn Cusco? Share your experiences!