The hostal was pretty cool. They have several locations, I stayed in the Colonial hostal which is near the main square but pleasantly removed by about 3 blocks. It is VERY cold at night, but it's cold just about everywhere in Cusco during the winter, so that was to be expected. If you are prepared with warm clothes though it's fine. I was traveling solo, so it was nice that this place had other solo travelers and a bar. There is a bar upstars that serves cheap food and decent priced drinks. The bartender and this girl that gives Salsa lessons were really cool and I had a ton of fun with them. I also met several really cool other travelers so that was nice too. The breakfast was good in the morning, more than just the standard "bread" that most hostal's serve as "breakfast." There is also a resident cat who lives at the hostal, and he/she adds a nice homey feel to the place! Very friendly. The staff were helpful. It can be loud at night with the bar, but the bar closes around 12 so it doesn't go all night. Oh, and the hot water actually works! All in all I would say it was a very good value for the money and I would totally stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Pirwa Hostels Backpackers Hotel
- Pirwa Hostels Backpackers Hotel Cusco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a chain hostels offering types of different accommodations for backpackers of entire world giving them all the basic needs such us , internet access, room of video , bar safe deposit boxes, pleasing environment and the most important the location in the center of the cusco city... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Pirwa Hostels Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.