“Beautiful hotel great location!” 4 of 5 stars

Calle Resbalosa 520, Cusco 00001, Peru   |
Ranked #13 of 275 Specialty Lodging in Cusco
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Beautiful hotel great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Great location with an amazing rooftop terrace with a view over Cusco. Nice cosy family hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Free wi-fi,good laundry service, hot water and possibility to get extra heater when it's cold. It's a bit of a walk to go up and down the stairs ( especially on the 1st day), but the view and hotel are definitely with it. Not even 10 mins away from the main plaza. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed for three nights before our trek across the countryside and one night after. They were very accommodating and allowed us to leave our extra luggage at the hostel while we were gone. Nice breakfast and a great view of the city while enjoying a coca tea.
Showers and facilities work well. The location does mean you'll have I climb some stairs but you can arch a cab to the intersection of calle Resbolosa and Don Bosco - at the church of san Chistobal.

Stayed November 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

we stayed 2 nights in a double room with private bathroom

+ nice and clean room
+ beautiful common area & great rooftop
+ good breakfast
+ free and reliable wifi
+ hot shower with good pressure

what could be improved in our view:
- provide fruits at breakfast
- make sure that all the time somebody can help with information request
our conclusion: we would stay here again

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kendal, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

A lot of people rave about Piccola Locanda, and there are some nice things. You get lovely views from the roof terrace and there are some nice personal touches in design and decor.
However, I wasn't as wowed as many others. It might be different if you know the owners but I didn't feel particulary welcome. Not that the staff were unfriendly but I had better experiences in other guest houses in Peru. Also, my room faced the courtyard they have and was quite dark and you also get the noise from everybody heading to the kitchen/restaurant.
Breakfast is from 7am but many people in Cusco have early starts to go to Machu Picchu and they don't offer like a packed breakfast like other places do.
To sum up, I'd probably stay somewhere else if I return to Cusco, maybe in the San Blas area which looks like a lot of fun.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Pistoia, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Amazing view and really good service in this little charming B&B. You'll feel really at home.
We stayed there a week and we have been gently served in everything we needed.
And there's also a restaurant with good food and kind people, who can help also to plan yur visit.
The place is decorated in a really nice way. And the money you pay are, in part, used to help poor children or various associations of Cusco.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We had high expectations for Piccola Locanda. They were all met!
The hotel is located in the upper part of Cusco on top of the Resbalosa street. By the way, I strongly suggest getting off at the Cristobal church so you can go down the staira. We had to go carry our luggage up the very steep Resbalosa street:not very pleasant!
But it is worth it.
The hostal is very cute, well decorated. Located in a quiet area with an amazing view of Cusco while giving you an easy access to the city life (5 minutes to the Plaza de Armas).
The rooms are very very clean, full of character and welll equiped with additional blankets and a portable heater.
Thanks to Camilo and his staff for everything: from my Nutella pizza craving to the safekeeping of my luggage while on trek.

• Stayed September 2013
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had a great stay in the Alex room, 2 days before the Inca Trail and 1 day after.

It started with e-mail communication. They quickly confirmed my booking when I first made it. Then, when I double-checked before traveling, they were again quick to confirm.

When I was there, the people at the front desk were helpful. Even when I was up at 4 in the morning, there was always someone there to ask if I needed anything.

All of my showers had hot water. The bed was comfortable. The room was clean. The internet worked. I even video chatted on my phone from the room. They held my extra bag while I was on the Inca Trail.

The one down-side to Piccola Locanda is the stairs leading up to it. They're no joke. If you take a taxi, make sure it drops you off at San Cristobal Church, then you have a shorter walk down toward the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Piccola Locanda? Share your experiences!