My husband and I stayed a total of 6 nights in this hotel. Initially we only planned to stay 3-4 nights, but ended up staying longer since my husband got sick from food poisoning and we had to change our plans.
The room we had was the suite on the 5th(uppermost) floor, had a great view of the city of Cusco, and was very reasonable.
The staff was amazing. They were friendly, helpful, and kind. They helped us find a pharmacy to get medicine, called a doctor to see my husband at the hotel, got us trustworthy cabs, recommended good restaurants, printed boarding pass for our flights, etc. I became good friends from them, especially with Jesus and Harry, and I am grateful for their help and understanding of our stress as travellers.
The hotel isnt particularly nice, but is reasonable for the price, and is in a great location. We are so glad we stayed in San Blas rather than near the Plza de Armas. San Blas is such a great neighbourhood to walk around and explore.
The only downside to the hotel was they recommended a tour company who arranged our trip to Machu Picchu, and the lady from the tour company got us a hotel in Aguas Caliente that was nasty and overpriced, and the breakfast at the hotel was where my husband got food poisoning from. I would recommend being careful with the tour company and especially not trust them with picking a hotel for you.
Overall, great hotel, nice view from the suite room, very nice staff helpful staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is a sprawling colonial building built around a sunny colonial stone courtyard, peacefully removed from Cusco’s fast pace – like a sophisticated country hotel in the city. Rooms offer superb distant views of Cusco’s tiled rooftops and surrounding mountains or of the handsome arcaded interior courtyard and ample terrace. Tucked away in the heart of the city’s most atmospheric neighborhood, San-Blas, the hotel has 4-wood-burning-chimneys, a rustic restaurant and bar, and delightful sitting areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Casa Andina Classic - Cusco San Blas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Andina Classic - Cusco San Blas Hotel Cusco
- Casa Andina Classic Hotel Cusco