Stayed here early november whist touring South America. Great location, easy walk into town for sights, shops and restaurants. Uphill walk back needed to be taken slowly as my poor husband was affected by the altitude. San Blas is an interesting area to explore too.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful, breakfast was Continental, but very plentiful, and a lovely fire in the dining room made it very cosy!
The gardens/courtyard is pretty, although it was too chilly when we were there to use it.
Sadly our room was right by the very echo-y concrete stairs, and inconsiderate guests meant it was quite noisey. Also the local dogs were noisey and didn't seem to sleep much at night!
The room was a little small and had a (small) double bed, rather than te twin beds we had requested. The hotel was full, so not possible to change rooms. Everything was clean,and the room well equiped (including an electric heater) if a little "tired"
The only downside is that no evening meals are served, so it is necessary to go out.
WiFi is free and worked well.
Umberellas are provided in the reception area, also Coco Tea, and water and wine are on sale too.
We ate at two restaurants in Cusco centre, Don Thomas, which was very good, although the service was slow, and Brava, ( Portal Espinar 144) a lovely Italian restaurant, superb food and service.
Can also recommend La BonDiet a lovely coffee shop just off the main square, serving great cakes and snacks for lunchtime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is a sprawling colonial building built around a sunny colonial stone courtyard, peacefully removed from Cusco's fast pace - like a sophisticated country hotel in the city. Rooms offer superb distant views of Cusco's tiled rooftops and surrounding mountains or of the handsome arcaded interior courtyard and ample terrace. Tucked away in the heart of the city's most atmospheric neighborhood, San-Blas, the hotel has 4-wood-burning-chimneys, a rustic restaurant and bar, and delightful sitting areas. The hotel offers Internet Center, Wireless internet access, ATM, laundry service and breakfast buffet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Casa Andina Classic - Cusco San Blas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Andina Classic - Cusco San Blas Hotel Cusco
- Casa Andina Classic Hotel Cusco