“Room with a View” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 238 Specialty Lodging in Cusco
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Room with a View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Really enjoyed my stay at Corihuasi. I stayed at The Point for the first few days in Cusco, which was fun, but it was party central and I didn't get a whole lot of sleep. I moved over to Corihuasi for the night before my Machu Picchu hike; I really appreciated the tranquility of the setting. It's a bit of a hike uphill to get there, but the view makes it worth it. They have a sweet wraparound balcony where you can look down on the city. The rooms themselves were comfortable for two and also quite. Also, good hot showers. We woke up very early for the hike and they had a nice breakfast laid out.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We LOVED this hotel!!!!!

They answered all our emails efficiently prior to arrival.

Pick up at the airport could not have been easier and it is free. The hotel is fabulous, made of old stone, ceiling beams, open fire, stone steps, rustic furniture.

We booked the panoramic room (room 1), the view is spectacular, we never closed the curtains, at night you can look out across the town and mountains from your bed, the twinkle of lights from the houses and stars is so lovely.

Breakfast is really pleasant, again with a wonderful view, and the staff are really friendly and nice. The breakfast is basic but more than adequate.

Location is great, 2 min walk uphill from the main square, sometimes we stopped for a rest but often didn't need to.

If you are a light sleeper, you may find that you are woken by guests coming and going as the rooms are not sound proof, it didn't bother us at all.

I found this hotel, clean, cosy, friendly, with great location and stunning views. I would recommend it highly and would LOVE to visit again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Great location, very close to Plaza de Armas, thou a little bit uphill. Simple but comfortable rooms, very clean, v comfy beds, hot water, lovely staff. The breakfast room has a gorgeous view. BUT, it all depends on the room. The first time I stayed, the room was good. The second time thou, it wasn't. The only window was to a corridor and didn't even have a proper curtain, if the light was on outside, your sleep was off.. And there was no wifi connection in that room. It was disappointing but I still liked the place..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Aberdeen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed here for one night only. If my budget could handle it I would have stayed longer. It's more pricey than most hostels in Cusco (but a bargain by British standards). The view was simply stunning so I could rave about this alone. The breakfast room was lovely with similar beautiful views. The included breakfast was tasty, cereal, choice of eggs and bread roll with a hot and cold beverage. I found the staff very helpful, though I didn't book any tours with them so can't comment. The room wasn't huge but comfy bed with plenty of blankets and a super heater if needed. Great hot powerful shower too (something not to be taken for granted).

Room Tip: Rm 8 had an amazing view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Quito
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed two days here, and our experience was avarage. Indeed there are great rooms with wonderful views, but by no means all of them! We had room nr 11, with small rooms and a wooden ceiling that separated us from the upstairs neighbours. The latter implied we could hear every step they made and worse...
Also, the service was OK but not extremely helpful with airport pickup, finding good rooms (we asked by email for a room with a view but didnt got it) nor tourist info (a taxi they recommeded for the sacred valley was absolutely poor)
The good side: they tried to make it up giving us a discount, but damage done. I hope it was just a negative personal experience but I think some things could really change to improve this hotel....

Room Tip: Make sure you get a good view, check beforehand
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Munich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Along with my friends I stayed at the Corihuasi hostal back in December, we all liked the place, the staff is friendly and helpful but reserved. The atmosphere is very relaxed, the rooms are simple but clean, and the restaurant/lounge area is very cosy, especially when the firelace is on, the complex is quirky, it feel like being in a mini-village. I felt this was the right kind of place I needed in order to enjoy and immerse myself in the andean culture. The views are great!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Kent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

If you are looking for a friendly place to stay not far from the main square then the Corihuasi isn't too bad.
The Pros are:
* Just a five minute walk up a gentle hill from the main square
* Very friendly staff - it makes such a difference to have nice friendly people to greet you and answer any questions.
* Some rooms are nice BUT some have very little natural light - we had the superior room with a great view but our sons were in a 3 bedroom room with very little light - would recommend it.
* The shared space which was a large room with a lovely room was a nice space - this was used as the dining room and the relaxing room - had a big fire place.
* Very clean and well cared for
* Easy to arrange taxis etc.
* Breakfast was one egg scrambled, fried or poached with a bit of bread but wasn't bad for a Peruivan breakfast.

Cons
* Some rooms were dark with no views
* Could be very noisy at night with the local night club banging away all night
* As in most places people were a bit noisy at times - leaving for early flights and not being thoughtful of other people but this was not the fault of the hotel.

Would I stay there again? Possibly. If I did stay there again it would because of the lovely people who run it.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the rooms with a view - the superior vies.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hostal Corihuasi? Share your experiences!