“loki loki loki oy oy oy” 4 of 5 stars

LOKI Cusco
Cuesta Santa Ana #601, Cusco, Peru   |
Ranked #45 of 222 Specialty lodging in Cusco
Atlanta, Georgia
“loki loki loki oy oy oy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Ok, so anyone looking for a place to get some sleep - THIS IS NOT IT. Not okay with people stumbling into your room at 3 am, drunk, on drugs or bringing back a random to have sex with on the bunk beneath you....again, THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU. My friend and I stayed here after our Inca Jungle Trek (which we booked through Loki and it was fabulous!!!) to Machu Picchu and we needed a few days of recuperation and fun. And if you're looking for the place in Cusco to party, this is it. Theme nights, costumes, high altitude drinking, tons of ridiculous, ridiculous fun. Make sure you dance on the bar and try a blood bomb. Not too hard to do for anyone that's stayed in a Loki hostel.

Other nice things about it: hot showers, awesome food at their restaurant, free computers and wifi, awesome booking agency that has the best budget deals for fun treks to Machu Picchu, great place to meet tons of fun people whether traveling solo or with people, really nice open space with tables, hammocks and a chill inside area that people hang out in all day but turns into the bar at night.

Downsides: it's at the top of a massive hill in Cusco (which with the altitude, is killer), it's obviously loud and sometimes obnoxious with the amount of drunken idiots stumbling all over, can kind of get sucked in to the party atmosphere and lose track of actually being in a pretty amazing city like Cusco

My recommendation - spend a few days here post-Machu Picchu to party it up with some fun people and then get out. And if you want to try and sleep, either get a private room or at least a dorm with 4-6 people.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

301 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Started out with good advice and recommendations from the Lokin tour reservation office. Experienced staffs gave me a lot of insights and pretty professional about the city. Paid for Machu Picchu and Puno Amantani Island tours with Loki, however my luggage was in their storage room. After Machu Picchu, I arrived in Cuzco Loki again around 11pm only to realize that the front desk FORGOT about my room. I was extremely upset and angry because I was super tired and had to wake up 5am that morning to catch a bus to Puno. They offered me a 6-bedroom bunk but I told them no because I specifically requested a private room of my own. So they made it up by offering me an 8-bedroom bunk all to myself. I accepted of course because I really had no other choice since they forgot about my reservation. And oh just so you know that there is no towel available for bunks. That was really bad experience and I thought I was going to be upset again when I return from Puno.
However, after Puno, I was upgraded to an awesome matrimonial room with CLEAN TOWELS this time round. The room was beyond standard and I’d a good view of magnificent Cuzco. The staffs apologized and I automatically changed my point of view about Loki Cuzco. Next 2 nights were a pleasant stay. Location was a little bit inconvenient because it is right up on the hill. So if you’d like to get back to your hostel from the city area, it would be a tedious walk. I did once and I couldn’t do it another time because am not used to the high altitude in Cuzco as I come from Singapore. So most of the time I ended up taking a taxi back to the hostel but taxi fare should not take you more than 5 Soles.
I stayed in Loki Lima after Cuzco. Am quite surprised Lima Loki could not keep up with the professionalism of LOKI Cuzco although they’re of the same chain. I would recommend Loki Cuzco BUT NOT Loki Lima.

Room Tip: Go for the matrimonial room. Is okay to spend a little bit more but its such an awesome room and the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Falmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

club 18-30... drunks, drugs and wast-a-zoids hang out... First night girl chucking up and crying, second night drunk German girl trying to get changed (stumbling around naked) only to bring back a random and have sex on the bunk below me all night and the third night banging and screaming from next door as boy/girl decided to have a full blown domestic as one had cheated on the other, etc. Enjoyed the hostel and staff BUT understand what you are getting (catching) here before you check in!! Safe travels x x x x

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Loki has great food, great bar and great people. The location is up a giant hill, and the first day at altitude it is a difficult climb! But as that is this hostel's only problem, its pretty easy to overlook!!

I made friends that endured my entire trip and I am still in touch with them now we're all back, the staff are amazing and look after you (even when you've drunk far too much!). This is a loki hostel so by definition it is a party place, but if you want to get a good night's sleep - I had room 4 in the basement where although dark, it was very quiet!!

I would recommend to everyone as it was one of the more social hostels I stayed in and great place to make friends.

Room Tip: I had room 4 (basement room) and it was quiet. It was at the front if the hostel and so away from th...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Braganca, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed there with a friend in june 2012.
Overall I liked it due to the very nice facilities, location, cleanliness and nice organization.
For me the only issue was really the noisy nights. Its really a party hostel and for that it is great. But if you need to rest and sleep good, maybe it is not the best place (even if you choose the "quiet rooms").
If you are traveling alone and want to meet people it is great there. You will find many people from diferent parts of the world.
The breakfast is really basic.
It is very clean. The staff is always cleaning the toilets and common areas, which makes it very tidy place.
The have free wifi only near the bar area. Free towels and shower and shampoo. Overall it is nice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Finding a hostel that's clean, has plenty of showers and wifi, is close to the center of town (though up a steep hill that takes your breath away in the thin mountain air) and has a decent restaurant/bar where you can just chill is always welcomed with a sigh of relief while backpacking. Not to mention that the building is beautiful as well.And they have lots of day and volunteer trips, so if you're staying for a while, there are easy ways to get outside the main parts of the city. My main piece of advice is if you want to cut down on the party atmosphere a little, get a room facing the first courtyard, not the back courtyard where the bar is.

Room Tip: If you want to cut down on the party atmosphere a little, get a room facing the first courtyard, not...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I turned up in Cusco planning to stay a day or two and ended up staying two weeks. The guys and girls in the bar had the partying going every night and when they closed they made sure we all knew where the best after hours bars were. The rooms were very clean and I felt like everything I had was safe in the lockers provided. They staff also helps to watch out for you telling you what to look for and what not to do. They know where to get a good bit to eat and everything thats going on in town. Had a blast here, can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Bring a padlock and be careful walking home at night, just catch a taxi!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

Been to LOKI Cusco? Share your experiences!