We arrived at the Loki without a reservation but that wasn't a problem, we were shown to a 4 bed room which was nice, the beds were very comfortable, cleaned every day as were the bathrooms. We arrived on saturday and that night there was a toga party in the bar which was fun. The Loki is good for meeting fellow travellers and finding out places to go and see. There is also free internet in the bar and you can order food and drinks in the bar to be added to your bill or you can pay cash. You can also book trips from the LOKI, we booked our bus trip back to lima from the LOKI.The bar also has a huge tv screen where they play films or tv programs. Most of the staff were helpful. There are a couple of downsides to the loki, the biggest one is the location... at the top of a huge hill which is great when you are walking down to the plaza de armas but walking up it is a killer (although this is good practice if you are doing the inca trail). From the Loki it is about 10-15mins walk from the hostel, it would have been better to be a bit nearer to all the facilities. The other downside is the male staff in the bar who whether you want to hear it or not like to share very loudly their conquests the night before..this can be in the form of cheering the boy as he enters the bar followed by a lot of backslapping to step by step detail very loudly of everything they did, whether you want to hear it or not, the girl doesn't get away with it either, if you have a hangover this is the last thing you want to be hearing. Another downside was our room was near the bar and it was very noisy, the nigh before we were leaving for the inca trail to machu picchu we wanted to have an early night and thought the music from the bar would stop after 10pm as it says on most of the posters around the LOKI. However we were very wrong, we had to leave 2.30am to go and meet our pickup, the music stopped about 1.30am which wasn't ideal, I would recommend anyone to ask for a room away from the bar.
- Also Known As:
- Loki Backpackers Hostel Cusco Peru Hotel Cusco
- Loki Backpackers Hostel Cusco Peru Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have made Loki a combination of all the things we liked in a good backpackers hostel. A fun, comfortable and safe place where you can meet other travellers with good quality services that are sometimes hard to find in South America. We welcome you to come and soak up the atmosphere and history of one of the most historical places in Peru.Cusco is a fantastic city in the Andes with a thousand things to do! From here, backpackers hike to the lost city of Machu Picchu, raft down Peru´s wild rivers, tour the Sacred Valley, go horseback riding, visit the floating islands of Lake Titicaca, explore the rainforest of the jungle, or go rock climbing and bungee jumping, and more! We even have our very own Volunteer programme. Check out all the fun stuff you can do in Cusco.WHY STAY AT LOKI?THE LOKI EXPERIENCEStaying at Loki is about the unique, fun experience you'll have meeting other travellers from all over the globe, having a place to relax and socialiTze, getting out and seeing the city around you, and having a family for the time you're with us. We welcome you to come and enjoy our famous, relaxed and friendly atmosphere.THE LOKI HOSTELLoki hostels are comfortable. Set up in unique buildings with all the features you are looking for. You'll find large common areas to chill out, happening social bars, tasty food and a wide drink selection, friendly staff and a great atmosphere. We've taken care of all the small things as well, and made sure everything is nice and clean.WHAT'S GOING ONLoki hostels are busy with events and activities every day to entertain and meet people. Get involved in the games, competitions, and silly fun stuff that let's everyone have a good time. We always screen all the sporting events live on our Big screens as well!USA family of backbackers, working with our Bolivian and Peruvian Loki Family, dedicated to making Loki the best Hostel you have ever stayed in. We are onsite to help you with any issues and to enjoy the great atmosphere together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com and HostelBookers so you can book your LOKI Cusco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.