“Seledonia's” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 400 restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Peruvian
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Seledonia's Mesa is the place to be in Cusco if you want a familiar athmosphere and truly excellent local food! Lunch at Selia's (as friends call her) is a sunny and joyful experience in her warm, covered patio. And dining is like being home at a Cusco family, enjoying some of Cusco's finest dishes in a cozy athmosphere. Cooking classes are part of the experience, too: so you can take Seledonia's wonderful cuisine back home!
Washington, DC
“Seledonia's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Favorite restaurant in Cusco! Don't miss the alpaca picante!!! My family and I also loved the cuy (guinea pig) and Seledonia's incredible hospitality.

• Visited August 2013

94% Recommend
Dana Point, California, United States
“Best Kept Secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Seledonia's was my favorite restaurant in Cusco, hands down. I found myself eating there back to back days. I couldn't get enough of the high quality Peruvian cuisine. The only downside to this off the beaten path gem is that the service takes a little while. But when your food is made with love I can wait all day! I definitely recommend this place!

Cusco, Peru
“Seledonia's: My Go-To”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

After the first time I tried Seledonia's, I told my roommates that I wouldn't mind coming back here every night for my two-week stay in Cusco. That's pretty much exactly what we did. You cannot beat the infusion of quality, made-with-love, Peruvian food for an unbeatable value at Seledonia's.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Glorious food from a great family-run place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We loved our meal at Seledonia's, it was the end of the night but we were still served fantastic plates of food that were exactly what we wanted from 'real Peruvian food'. We both had Alpaca, the picante and the Saltada, both were really tasty and perfectly cooked. The picante may even be my favourite dish I've had in South America.

The atmosphere is great, the family feel extends to the customers and you feel very welcome in this small room where they cook and serve the food. It's only our first night in Cusco but I know this is a restaurant you have to visit when you're here!

We will be back, no doubt about it.

Frankfurt, Germany
“It's made with love”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We were in this little restaurant about four times out of five days in Cusco. We haven't found a place like this where one can get super delicious food for a good price and the nice and lovely service from the owners family!
Try the alpaca burger and grilled alpaca - they're great!

To manage expectations:
This place isn't really like a restaurant, it's more like a small single room with a kitchen. If you love the taste of food and don't care about first class fancy-schmancy ambience and service you should definitely go there.