“Moi Rico!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 421 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: Vegan
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Reservations, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: THE SEEDS FROM PACHAMAMA In 1987 I started with my first vegan services to my community and since there I had seven vegan restaurants until 2005. We closed the last one and we maintained resting for a few years. And we decided to restart a new vision in restaurant to do a high quality service for our Cusco and international community with a higher Vegan & Raw sharing with you. In September 2nd 2012 we reopened for you dear sisters and brothers, and our service will provide high quality meals, of course Vegan & Raw options. We are also working in the project in producing our own vegetables and other organic products which will come directly to our restaurant and you will not only enjoy, but will also learn about many of the great things that Pachamama can offer to us. We need to make our part stimulating the New Generations to become vegans if we want a better World preserving our beautiful Planet! Beside all this, here you could participate in ceremonies, meditations and many other things that the land of the Inkas can offer to you. All the best and hope to meet you here one day.
Sydney, Australia
“Moi Rico!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I had dinner at shaman after my second night in Cuzco. I am not a vegetarian or vegan but was craving some fresh delicious vegetables and boy did I hit the jack pot! Food just like I eat back home in Australia. Shaman has Delicious food, healthy food, beautiful food and food that will make you feel good!

At first the prices seemed a bit more expensive than some other restaurants in cusco but after ordering 2 dishes and a soup between myself and partner, the great quality of food and sizes of the dishes is truly great value. I don't have a favourite dish but the avocado salad is moi Rico! The menu del dia is always awesome and if you can't chose between whats on offer, you can do a mix. I have been back to have something nearly every day this week and usually I'm the type to try something new everyday.

Besides the delicious food Shaman offers high speed wifi, that works!!! And if you are looking for some travelling advice, there are always friendly foreign locals chatting around the communal table happy to offer their gained knowledge.

Since I mentioned the communal table... There are HUGE clear quarts crystals in the centre of the table and around the restaurant as feel good decorations and if you want to take something home, Shaman also offers small crystals, books, designed jewellery and much more for sale.

If you are after a spiritual journey Shamans' owners Mallku and Allana offer incredible journeys to inka power places. Timing was right that my partner and I had the privilege to spend 3 days visiting power places near Cuzco and to the scared valley with Shaman Mallku. Mallku's historic knowledge about the power places we visited and his passion was well worth the money (he is a fantastic tour guide), also included in our tours was shamanic rituals which created space to have our own self journeys, facilitated by Mallku.
We are very thankful for the experiences and would highly recommend Shaman restaurant and tours to everyone.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Shaman V, Manager at Shaman Vegan Raw Restaurant, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thanks very much for discovering that we were here and by the time we could share not only a gorgeous meal, but also having the chance to discover some of the power places of the Cusco region. Is always fantastic to meet great people and weave together soft ways to connect the magic world of our ancestors and inspire our lives. We wish you all the best and hope the spirit of Pachamama will take you back to the Andes one day to share more of the beauty of this land.

Singapore, Singapore
“Love it here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

As a Vegan and health food lover, I really like this place! Great salads and juices! I don't even know how many times I have come here...also non vegans love it here! Absolutely worth a visit if you are into healthy food!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Many people are satisfied for the great vegan cuisine we offer and we understand that this community is growing and we are happy in receiving people like you who takes with respect this type of life for the best of our planet. Thanks for your visit.
Finlandia
“Food is made with love!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

It is not only delicious, it is healthy and specially prepared by lovely people, so I feel it feeds your soul too!!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
We salute great people like you and wish the energy of our beloved Pachamama who provides all for our lives will continue inspiring our paths. Thanks for appreciating our restaurant and wish some day you will be back to also share ceremonies for a better world.
Cusco, Peru
“Pretty good food, staff a tad slow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I had lunch at this restaurant today because it is incredibly hard to find some vegetables in Cusco. The hippie interior is interesting, but you're basically seated in a gift shop.

The food was pretty good, if a tad expensive, and I really enjoyed the fresh fruit juice. But after I was done I had to wait for 10 or 15 minutes for a staff member to enter the eating area in order to pay and get back to work.

All in all it's a pretty nice place, but not really my kind of restaurant. There are better and cheaper vegetarian (but perhaps not vegan?) places in Cusco to get your fill of vegetables :)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Shaman V, Manager at Shaman Vegan Raw Restaurant, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
We are far to be a hippie place, and will not look for that. Our main vision is the protection of the animals and we do big efforts to do a service in this understanding for not affecting more our planet. Probably we need to have more employes to do a faster service, and yes we will increase a little more our prices, which are actually very good for the quantity that people receive in their plates. All our pans are stainless, the water we use for washing our vegetables is purify water, and we have many more things. Beside this our restaurant is a cultural place where we have events once or twice a months at least and we share all this with our community. And there are books and different art that people can see as they wait for their meals and there is not need to buy anything beside a drink or a meal.
New Ross, Wexford, Ireland
“Lovely healthy food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Great place, great atmosphere, awesome food. we always ask for the soup of the day to start with and after that we were spoiled for choice.
They use a range of local ingredients, quinoa and avocado were among our favorites.
It is located only two blocks away from the main Plaza.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Shaman V, Manager at Shaman Vegan Raw Restaurant, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Wish the magic of our place will continue to reminding you how special you are and when ever you return or your friends we will be happy in serving them. Our place is very good located, even if it is not at the street, this offers a very much silence and private moments for all the ones who visit us. All the best from the Andes.