“Robbers” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #153 of 275 Cusco B&B and Inns
Paris, France
“Robbers”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I booked this hotel in advance from Puno. I was like sent by another hotel in Puno. We agreed about the price (30 soles) and about the free pickup at the bus station.
Arriving at the bus station, nobody's here. After 15 minutes wating, I had to call the hotel. Without any excuse, they just tell me to take a taxi to reach the hotel (they finally paid)
After that, I had to discuss about the price as they wanted me to pay 50 soles instead 30. Lots of talk to get the agreed price.
I took a 2 days bus tour to go to Machu Picchu in this hotel. Moreover as I was running out of time to go to a bus office, I asked the hotel if they were able to buy bus tickets for me. They said thay can do it. I asked them to get me a bus ticket to Lima on Cruz del Sur (the best bus compagny, but also the most expensive company). They tell me the price for that, and I pay it in advance.
A day after, coming back from Machu Picchu, I need once again to negociate the room price to get the agreed price !
I also asked some news about my bus ticket, and they said everything is fine. Ticket should arrive later. When I got my ticket (1 hour before leaving), I saw they bought a ticket on a low cost company instead of cruz del sur much (much less expensive) So I asked to give me back the price difference, and they refused to give my money back, because the boss was not here. And as I had to go to catch my bus, they just robbed me 60 soles !
So I should recommand not staying here, of at least don't trust Maria Sotomayor, which is the manager of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sechelt, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a total of 11 nights before and after our Inca Trail trek. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed cooking many of our own meals in the clean and well-stocked kitchen. The wireless signal was strong. The location is very central. Our beds were comfortable. We really did feel at home here. We do suggest asking to see several rooms before choosing one because they are all a little different. Because we stayed for a longer time, we received a significant discount making this an excellent value for us.

• Stayed November 2012
Aalter, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Our taxi took us here after picking us up from the cruz del sur station. They asked 120 sol for a double room/night we haggled down to 100 for a big room upstairs and 90 for the smaller ones below. We stayed several nights in different rooms.
poor points:
* very bad wifi : connections keeps being cut if the computer in the reception is not on. Girls at the reception cant help you
* mostly quiet place due to its location, but they have a habit of taking schools during the weekdays, resulting in very noisy nights of children playing and running
* they will offer tours but its very expensive and its the same as in any of the tourist offices in the city but with higher commission.
* the owner is almost never there. Instead children 10-16 years must attend the reception etc. They almost never know to answer when you got a question, but wait till the owner comes back.
* nobody, not even the owner speaks a word of English. Do not go there if you cant speak Spanish.

plus points:
* good breakfast
* friendly staff

Room Tip: rooms on the top are better