“Enjoyed Stay Here” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 283 Cusco B&B and Inns
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Enjoyed Stay Here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I enjoyed my stay here. I checked in mid day and the street outside was crazy busy. I had a little trouble finding the place, but down an alley I found it. The door was locked but someone let me in. They quickly checked me in, and I was in my room. It was surprisingly quiet. The bed was comfortable with warm blankets. The shower had hot water. There was a small tv, and there was an outlet with three prongs! Overall it was clean and felt safe. The room was a bit noisy with an interior facing window that looked over a kitchen, but there didn't seem to be a lot of people there during my stay.

The hotel is located about a five minute walk to the main plaza. Certainly not any longer.

Overall nice for the money.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for just one night. Staff was really helpful and the room was clean. It is not a new place but it has all you need to rest and get ready for your next adventure in Cusco.

Room Tip: Make sure wifi reaches your room before you unpack. :)
Pickering
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Yes, Edgar is helpful, the rooms cool and slightly noisy. For the noise bring ear plugs. We enjoyed it there and it is very close to the center where all the beautiful buildings are.

I wish I had contacted the hotel about their airport pick up. We had to hassle with the taxi driver to get his price down from 35 soles to 20 soles. Anyway he did drop us off at the correct place where you have to walk down to the hotel.

There was a bit if confusion as I booked through Expedia but it was OK. There is no 18% tax for short term foreigners.

Room Tip: Take ear plugs.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Sherborn, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We stayed in this hotel in April 2014.
Great location, nice service, very friendly stuff.
There are few "cons" here: too cold and too noisy.
I would love to express my gratitude to the young man who works for this hotel.
His name is Edgar Callspins(I hope I spelled his last name correctly).
He literally saved my dream to get to Machu Picchu.
He was the only one person who spoke English. He was extremely helpful, very polite, a huge "+" for this hotel.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Well......if you enjoy old wooden below standard buildings with no heat and paper thin walls and light shining in your room this is it! I am Canadian and we froze! 5 degrees C outside and no heaters. Sorry... can't recommend this one!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

- we were happy to have booked this hostel twice (arriving from Lima and returning from the Inca Trail) as they kept our lugagges in storage

- computer and internet in the lobby

- decent breakfast, classic of what you'll see everywhere else in Peruvian hotels (skicky white cheese, round pita buns, sweet red jam, quare pink ham slices, mango juice)

- very friendly staff, some do not speak much english

- booked taxis for us, good service

- within 15-20 minutes or so from the main plaza (maybe more) but noce littel walk, nce area

- there's a laundry service in the alley but they cliose early. Had to go on the plaza to get laundry done.

- nearby the farmers' market where you can buy a few things to eat

- the rooms are cold and we were happy to have our sleeping bag as extra blankets

- nice little room, all we needed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We just checked in early today..this place is GREAT! Clean and friendly staff. exceeds our expectations. Great location close to restaurants,shops everything. Room is small, but..so is the price .. that is what we look for. $40.00 USD per nite 2 persons

For what it´s worth... we also encountered a wonderful woman (vendor) in the airport parking lot.
"Silvia" she helped us with a Taxi and misc. info. Last vendor on the left when you exit airport and see them in the lot.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 202
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Los Aticos? Share your experiences!