“Nice Hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 145 Hotels in Cusco
Austin, Texas, United States
“Nice Hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed here one day before & one day after we visited Machu Picchu. The hotel is at a great location - about a 5 minute walk from the main plaza. The rooms are pretty small but were clean and warm. We got to stay in a different room each night as our stay was not continuous. The first room looked a little older and the water in the shower drained very slowly. The second room looked better and newer. There was an issue with the hot water in the shower on the 2nd night but was fixed immediately. The wi-fi in the hotel is pretty decent.

Service at the hotel was extremely good. Karina was available to answer all our questions & arranged all our taxi rides to/from the airport & railway station, city tours & also our taxi to Ollantaytambo without any issues.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed here before and after trekking to Machu Picchu. and thoroughly recommend it. The hotel is beatifully kept and the service is excellent. the rooms are not huge but comfortable and the common areas are fantastic for either sitting in the sun or sip a mate in front of the fire in their gorgeous breakfast room.
We found it expensive compared to the other hotels we stayed but is probably because Cusco is more expensive than the rest of the country.
The only problem is that the rooms being located in a courtyard you can get lot of noises and although they ask people to be quiet a night we got woken up twice by very loud tourists saying good night in the courtyard.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Cusco, Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed two nights before and one night after the Inca Trail. I'd booked the Rumi Punku based on Tripadvisor reviews and was very pleased with my choice. My husband, 18 yr old daughter and I shared a room which while small was very clean and nicely furnished. Breakfast was great and we were able to store luggage in a secure room and valuables in the hotel safe (get an itemised receipt) while we did the Inca Trail. Upon return we'd been upgraded to a beautiful and spacious room. I'd recommend to all.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Sometimes you read tripadvisor reviews and wonder what the negative reviews were all about. This place was great. Hot water all the time, huge flat screen TV, comfortable beds and warm rooms. Maybe some of the other reviewers didnt know what the other tap in the shower was for...!
The beds were super-comfortable and the staff very professional. Plus eggs cooked to order. The business center had 4 pc's so always one available.
Thanks for a lovely stay.
A couple of extra's:-
1) Try Jacks, Ciccolinas for great food (both nearby)
2) Nueva Vida - the best inca massage I found and only 25 soles on Procuradores. Includes hot stones. If I found it earlier I would have gone every day!

Room Tip: Its Cusco so people are getting up at all hours. Maybe ask for a room round the back if youre a lig...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
San Anselmo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Recently I traveled to Cusco and stayed at Hotel Rumi Punku. After returning from Machu Picchu/Aguas Calientes to Cusco, I realized that I had left my prescription reading glasses in a public restroom in a hotel in Aguas Calientes. The manager of Hotel Rumi Punku, Jesus Davila, called the hotel in Aguas Calientes on my behalf and had secured my glasses by the time I had returned to Cusco from Puno. Senior Davila, thank you again (I cannot read anything w/o my glasses). It was incredible what you accomplished.

Hotel Rumi Punku is a very hospitable home away from home.

Room Tip: Top floor (3rd floor) was very quiet and it had a nice view of Cusco (over the roofs of other buildi...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

When we arrived at Rumi Punku they said they upgraded us which I thought nothing of since I had booked a superior room, wanting something very nice after our tour of Machu Picchu. To our surprise when we walked in the door, we had a king size bed, a sitting area, a lovely bathroom with a jetted tub & double doors that opened up into a large living room with a refrig & mini bar. It was the size of an apartment. We were thrilled! The staff was excellent. I took my laundry down to the office & it came back that same day & only cost $3 (it was 2 bags worth). The breakfast that was complimentary was very good. There was always coca tea which I drank the entire trip. The hotel is located behind the Plaza de Armas & was safe walking at night. We loved spending time in Cusco. Rumi Punku made for a very comfortable place to stay for 2 nights.

Room Tip: The superior rooms are much larger but we lucked out & got an entire suite.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Port Moody, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

This is a great hotel with great service in Cusco. We stayed here an number of times and multiple days over a three week period. They stored our extra baggage without charge. It is a beautiful courtyard style hotel and you would never now it from the front entrance! Great breakfast and beautiful fireplaces to sit around at night. Highly recomend this place if you are heading to Cusco. Great employees.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Rumi Punku? Share your experiences!