“Unique AND Good!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 426 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: South American, Steakhouse, Peruvian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Delicious steaks prepared on volcanic stone, appetizers to share based in contemporary Peruvian cuisine, organic products used in all dishes, Uchu Peruvian Steakhouse is a great place to relax with a glass of one of our many wines or fresh juice in hand while enjoying one's dinning experience.
Seattle, Washington
“Unique AND Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

This was the best meal I have had in a long time! Would recommend the Alpaca for anyone who likes meat, it tastes awesome! This resteraunt sure goes beyond the norm in serving: they serve your steak on a hot stone. You get to cook your own steak to perfection. A word of the wise: they don´t serve it to you safe to eat (in my opinion). Make sure you cook it well. Amazing meal; main courses go for S/.40. One small note, our server took forever to get the check and they forgot to get us some water, but this is OK to us.

Cusco, Peru
“Delicious food, excellent service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We've just enjoyed some of the best meat that we have eaten in years. The Alpaca skewers were absolutely delicious - marinated and served sizzling with a selection of sauces, salad and potatoes or sweet potatoes. The house wine was good and the service spot-on.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cusco, Peru
“Exquisite Peruvian Cuisine and excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

I had a recommendation from a travel agency to eat at Uchu and I'm glad I did. The Ceviche was fresh, spicy and coupled with crunchy and warm corn sides. It was outstanding. The Alpaca kabobs arrived on a hot stone to allow me to finish them off to my liking. Elvis, my waiter was very knowledgeable and helpful and answered my questions allowing me to tailor my choices to my taste. All in all, it was a wonderful experience and I would recommend this restaurant without hesitation to anyone!

Denver, Colorado
“Delicious contemporary Peruvian cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant had a nice contemporary flair and ambience, which was matched by the drinks and food. I really enjoyed the presentation of the steaks, sizzling on a hot stone. I had the alpaca and lamb, both were excellent. They offer a variety of sauces to go with the steaks but the meat is well cooked that they can be eaten alone. There is no required attired but one can be comfortable dressed up or coming in casually. It is definitely a great place to dine while visiting Cusco. Just make sure you make reservations as it can get full quickly.

Visited March 2014
New York City, New York
“a good steakhouse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

This is a good Peruvian steakhouse, but nothing really blew me away.

The appeal to this place is the stone rocks where you cook your choice of meat(s) on. Having tasted the shrimp, alpaca, beef, and lamb - the food was indeed very good. But nothing really blew me away. It's a good place to go and try alpaca (although I think the skewers at Inca Grille are better), the place has an excellent ambiance and pretty good food.

I do recommend it for those hankering for a nice steak.

• Visited March 2014