Visiting Cusco in February can be somewhat depressing, every day there seems to be some rain - and many of the recommended restaurants seem to use the low volume of visitors to close down, perform renovations etc.
Therefore we were very pleasantly surprised by visiting Uchu a few days ago.
- Many interesting dishes on the menu and helpful explanations by staff
- Excellent bruschettas with specially prepared tomatoes, as well as decent causas with alpaca meat and blue cheese.
- Nice bottle of local Peruvian wine from Ica region
- Perfect main courses, both the 300 gram fine beef as well as the kebab version (marinated and sliced up nice meat).
- Very nice concept of receiving the meat on sizzling hot stone plates
- Variety of nice sauces and additions. Especially the honey/BBQ sauce.
All-in-all, a great evening and superb food for all-in-all 200 soles for two persons (2 starters, 2 main courses, one bottle of wine).
Unfortunately, it felt a bit lonely, being the only guests for the evening...but that's hardly the restaurants fault.
Keep up the good work, and more travellers might find the way here instead of any (almost equally priced) touristy establishment on Plaza de Armas - also during rainy season.
If you own or manage Uchu Peruvian Steakhouse, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.