“Amazing ambience, fantastic food, great service! Must go!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 414 Restaurants in Cusco
Cuisines: South American, Steakhouse, Peruvian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Delicious steaks prepared on volcanic stone, appetizers to share based in contemporary Peruvian cuisine, organic products used in all dishes, Uchu Peruvian Steakhouse is a great place to relax with a glass of one of our many wines or fresh juice in hand while enjoying one's dinning experience.
Calgary, Canada
“Amazing ambience, fantastic food, great service! Must go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The ambiance and service here is wonderful, and the food is nothing less than impressive. A little pricey if you're a budget traveler, but definitely good value for what you are getting (two cocktails, an appy, 1/2 an entree platter (we shared) and dessert was $40 USD- can't beat that for fine cuisine!) Highly recommend!!! Good for couples, families, or large groups.

Not sure if they had outdoor seating... the place beside them, also great ambience, service and food, has a beautiful rooftop terrace with a city view (nice at night)

• Visited February 2013

New York City, New York
“Excellent food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We love the food there, its perivian but with a touch of new cuisine.
The service very good and nice people.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A great restaurant with a unique concept”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

The UCHU was recommended by the hotel. We were pleasently suprised by the experience.
The staff is very friendly. The food was excellent. The food is brought to your table on a special brick that has been heated to 400C. You allow the meat to remain on the brick until it reaches the level you want your meat cooked. The steaks that we had we melt in your mouth quality. They also offer chicken and fish in the same manner. The restaurant is owned by a husband/wife team. The wife is an American, the husband is from Cusco Peru. We had a nice conversation with the wife about the restaurant, what to see in? Cusco and where to purchase a few items that we were interested in. She offered to find a piece of pottery for me that I had not been able to locate. A great experience. I will definitely eat at UCHU again. Maybe before departing from the city on this trip.

Cusco, Peru
“Everything We were promised and more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We chose Uchu because of its ranking and comments in Trip Advisor. Well deserved and moved me to write my first Review after years of freeloading this page. We split two appetizers, a causa and brochettas before the stone-cooked combo of steak, lamb ribs and alpaca! I am a meet lover and they nailed it. Nice people, friendly casual environment. I am planning to move to Cusco soon and this will definitely be a regular stop.

Sydney, Australia
“art and food do go together”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Tucked away I was the first one there...the owners were very friendly and concerned that I whatever I ordered was the best it could be...it was! The Alpaca entree was delicious and the hot stone steak for the main and the 4 different sauces really gave a great dining experience. Normally if I have the first two courses I skip the postre but I couldn't...so the pisco dessert was mine...uhmm! Pity I left Cuzco the next morning.