We stayed at this hotel 3 nights before marching to the Inka trail. I must say we really didn't like our stay. The rooms are crazy cold, dark, the bed very uncomfortable and simply ugly (old, dirty etc); very noisy, we woke up with other ppl several times; the breakfast is depressive, with 3 day old bread (not a single toaster) and 4 HALF slices of crappy ham! Also we were going to hike the Inka trail and needed to drop our bags (all hotels have this service) however, at this place, they just put the bags at the reception where anyone could steal it. I guess the only good thing about this hotel is the location, around the block from Plaza de Armas. We paid $50 per night, had we paid $25 I would say you get what you pay for, but, $50 in Peru goes a long way and they could at least get fresh bread and put more food.
We also had problems with the water. It was scarce and cold, it was a nightmare to take a shower because we were always freezing and if you have long hair like me... don't want to remember it...
We ended up switching to Awkis Dream hotel, where we paid $45 and it was a much nicer place to stay.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Grande Lodging Hotel
- Casa Grande Lodging Hotel Cusco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A good colonial and restored house; just few meters to main square and all facilities are around us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers and Priceline so you can book your Casa Grande Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.