“A warm, friendly hotel with heart” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ninos Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cusco
Ninos Hotel
You added Ninos Hotel to your Saves list
Calle Meloc 442, Cusco, Peru   |
Ranked #19 of 145 Hotels in Cusco
San Diego
“A warm, friendly hotel with heart”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

A beautiful, clean place to relax. The courtyard and reception area were well-maintained and decorated, and the dining area felt a bit like a Scandinavian cafe. The rooms, named after some of the kids and the founder's family, were clean, chic and cozy- the heater at night was much appreciated! The balcony was a bit noisy though. It's nice to patronise charming, feel-good places like these. For three of us traveling, the family room at $70 was a decent value, though there are surely a lot of more reasonably priced places to stay. Still, well worth it for the experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

It was my first visit ever to SA and as I flew into Cuzco, weary from a long trip from London via Madrid and Lima, I knew I would be picked up at the airport and settle into a nice atmosphere at Hotel Ninos. I was not disappointed and was collected by the re-assuring Alfredo and taught a few Quechua phrases on the visually stimilating trip into town. The staff couldn't have been gentler and kinder and offered me some mate and a comfortable seat in the sunny courtyard to get my breath and reat before going to a spotless and comfortable room. My son joined me later and we had the first of many delicious meals from the cafe. We also had a duoble room where we shared a little kitchen and that made our stay even nicer.

The staff are incredibly friendly and accommodating. There is decent wifi and coffee and on cold evenings even a little fire in the fire place. It couldn't have been more comfortable. However, the main reason I booked was because of the good work to support the basic needs of local children and we saw in abundance happy faces as they moved around the site, played in harmony, well fed and clean. I wish all enterprises could offer such a direct and clear connection between the business side and the benefit it brings to those in need.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Mebane, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed at Nino's on Melaq for a total of four nights during our recent Peru trip (one before the sacred valley and one after). I selected Nino's because of the price, location, and because they "do good" in the world. We were not expecting the absolutely spectacular setting, excellent food, and top-notch service! The European-style central courtyard is beautiful and the perfect place for breakfast or a cappuccino; their restaurant had fresh, delicious food whenever we wanted it; and the staff were all incredibly friendly. They also did our laundry for 5 soles per kilo.

I especially recommend their "Organic Andean Desayuno" - fruit, yogurt, and quinoa. What a great start to the morning. And their cappuccinos are the best!

Rooms are simple and clean. The wifi works best the closer you are to the courtyard.

Loved this place and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

First things first! The hotel is very well done, and the courtyard is a delight to relax in after exploring the wonderful old town of Cusco.

Perhaps I should be reviewing this on 2 counts as I have considered for the inca tour company I used. However, I think it only fair to rate in one score.

It would be a perfect score if it wasn't for the no free breakfast and the obnoxious lady on reception on mornings during our second stay at the hotel. From travelling the world it has been the people who have made our stay most pleasant and sadly the lady we had dealings with was not our sort of person.

Yes I don't speak the local language, but I would always try. Not believing us that we had already paid our food bill is not good enough. It isn't our fault if you don't record things properly. Sadly for the nicer members of staff, this double charging of food led to no tips being left. I would have left a much bigger tip too, but your manner was terrible.

Do stay there, but if you encounter the rude lady, probably best to say something at the time. We had been ill so wasn't in a mode for moaning!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

The hotel arranged the taxi for us to the hotel from the airport, which was very great, especially when one is in a different country. The hotel was very secure, had excellent food, they were very helpful, and even had a fireplace where we had dinner. They support a wonderful cause also. We stayed there 2 nights and would definately stay again. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there one night and left wanting tostay there for ever! The house is an old school house and it's so beautiful! The prices for food are very well priced and the service was great. There are no tvs nor phones in the room but would DEFINITELY recommend staying there!! LOVED IT!!

• Stayed July 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

after reading all the amazing reviews i was excited about my booking at ninos. i stayed at ninos 2. i was very disappointed. they seem to be the only hotel in peru that doesn't offer airport pick-up nor a free breakfast. i thought at $50 the rooms were overpriced. they also quote and charge in USD and if you pay in soles they give you a less-than-favorable exchange rate. bring dollars!

the rooms were clean and as others mentioned, there is hot water and space heaters.

i just thought it was overpriced.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Ninos Hotel? Share your experiences!