“watch out for bugs!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ninos Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cusco
Ninos Hotel
You added Ninos Hotel to your Saves list
Calle Meloc 442, Cusco, Peru   |
Ranked #19 of 145 Hotels in Cusco
colorado
“watch out for bugs!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Had a nice 2-night stay at Ninos #1, marred only by some sort of insect infestation in our room. After the first night, I woke up with about 2 dozen insect bites on my leg. The desk clerk didn't speak much English (and I no Spanish), but somehow he understood that we needed a different room for the second night, and he accommodated us.

Perhaps we hit the Ninos at an "off" time, but we were not offered any of the little extra signs of hospitality that other reviewers noted and were not impressed with the breakfast we ate there. However, we remained happy to support this worthwhile cause.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed here by myself in a single room with shared bathroom. It's very cute and clean but very basic. That's ok. I never had breakfast here so I cant' review that. My only beef was the cold and the humidity. Anyhow, you can't beat the price, $23.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

This was a nice place to stay in Cuzco - very welcoming, good food, nice room, beautiful philosophy. This also was a great value!

• Stayed April 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Like others, I really wanted to like this place because the profits fund the Niños Project, which offers daily support for 600 street children. We stayed at Niños 2, which is farther from Plaza de Armas than Niños I. The main problem: noise. The kids are on the property during the day and can be very noisy. If your room is in the back, then for sure it will be noisy all day 6 days a week.

Room Tip: Stay in a room on the courtyard, not in the back. "Carolyn" (rooms have names, not numbers...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Aliso Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Fantastic oasis in the city that literally oozes charm. Greeted with mate tea upon arrival, with refills in quick order after mild altitude sickness set-in. Fantastic bakery on-site. Hotel provides helpful information on its social mission, as well as opportunities to participate. Also helpful with all the tourist opportunities in the area. Staff was efficient and extremely friendly. Would stay here again, and again...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stayed 6 nights in this hotel. Very safe and very nice "inner terace". Liked also the staff a lot. Food was nothing special and bit expensive, 10 meters up the street and you can eat in a local 5 sol dinner. Clean rooms with thick blancets. Some of the room rate went for good reason, puor children. I can recommend.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Geelong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I stayed twice at Los Ninos during my time Peru. The stored my luggage for me while I walked the Inca Trail, I came back for one night and then they stored my luggage again for me while I went up to the jungle for 5 days. I stayed at Los Ninos for four wonderful nights. The reception staff are so welcoming, the girls in the restaurant were especially fantastic. They were able to have meals that meet my dietary requirements and treated you so welcoming. I got a chest infection after the jungle and they supplied me with copious quanities of hot water. My laundry was done in record time. Both rooms I had were ground floor rooms which were decorated in a very spanish style to suit the building. Very quaint. My beds were very comfortable and the rooms immaculatly clean. I looked out onto the courtyard. I noticed they turned the fountain off at night so it is very quiet. Los Ninos is very close to everything a five minute walk to the Plaza de Armas and a few minutes more to Ave De Sole. Very reasonable priced - a delicous breakfast is extra. All food is bio dynamic - and freshly cooked. The cakes and hot chocolate to die for.
Also all the profits from Los Ninos goes to supporting the street children. I loved this place and was sad to leave. It encaptulated the heart of the wonderful city of Cusco.

Room Tip: I would be happy to stay in any room there.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Ninos Hotel? Share your experiences!