“A piece of history added to your room/ An Inca wall” 4 of 5 stars

Loreto Boutique Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hostel   |   Loreto 115 | Plaza de Armas, Cusco, Peru   |
Ranked #50 of 222 Specialty lodging in Cusco
San Antonio, Texas
“A piece of history added to your room/ An Inca wall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The Loreto has a perfect location, next to the Cathedral in a alleyway street just feet from the Plaza de Armas in Cusco. The staff maintains constant watch at the entrance of the Hotel. The room we stayed in on the first floor has one of the walls made of stone in the classic Inca construction with no visible mortar. You can not slip anything between the stone, that is how tightly the stones fit together. The wifi worked well in our room and the water was plenty hot for a good shower everyday. We stayed three days and three nights. Looking for great location and a bit of history as part of the room, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: First floor if you want the Inca wall.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed here last year, and was very satisfied. I was traveling by myself, and felt very safe. The staff was very friendly, and the rooms great and cozy. The only downside is that you have to leave your key whenever you go out. I like having the key on me, but in the end it was not too big of a deal. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it. I didnt have any issues with noise other than the people in the room above me walked heavily.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
DF
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Located in an excellent location literally a few steps from The Plaza de Armas this small and cozy hotel with original inca walls in some rooms has a great service.They organized our Machu Picchu and city tour taiking care of everything and with better prices than other tour operators.The hotel shares spaces conveniently through an inner patio that gives you access to a Starbucks located at the upper level of the building.A great experience with friendly staff that will make your Cusco travel a real success.

• Stayed July 2013
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is a cute hotel. Helpful staff, clean rooms. It is a 2-2.5 star accommodation. Comfortable beds, lots of blankets, gave us two heaters for a triple room, we used one in the bath and one in the room. The location is amazing, but it was the worst night of sleep we have had since our daughter (21) was a new born. All night long in the ally outside our room those who had drunk too much were screaming and fighting. We did have the windows closed and the curtains closed and it was still awful. If I had to do it over, I would pay attention to reviews who say this. We have a big day ahead of us and we are not rested. Cusco is a great city and the 10.00 bus tour for 1.5 hours is an excellent way to see the expansiveness of it.

Room Tip: I don't know if any beds are not on the ally. It is extremely noisy. The town is full and ther...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Aventura, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I will stay again at this hotel and I definitely recommend it. Staff were awesome, friendly and smiling all day. I read the negative reviews and I don't agree 100%, if you stay here expect to be treated with courtesy and respect, the rooms are good enough and the location is the greatest! but don't expect this hotel to be the St Regis!....Expect to get sick, it's not the food of this hotel, it is another country, you will get sick just by drinking water and remember you are at almost 14000 ft above sea level. This hotel used to be an Acllawuasi, it's part of history, they have the original walls built 600 years ago and they won't paint it, change them or cover them so it will be soundproofed for the comfort of a few tourists!....breakfast was awesome, I ordered fried eggs and papaya juice, they made it for me at the moment, bread, ham and cheese. No, there's not buffet, but there's a Starbucks right next door.
They have everything out on the table, the milk is there too. They dont mean bad leaving it outside, it's another culture, it's not that they've been cheap, they just do it that way, and besides it's 45F in there.
If you want a nice experience and be part of history and stay in one of the Inca's temples, stay here!
Rob. From Aventura, Fl

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights. Really nice cute little hostal/hotel, very friendly and helpful staff. You can help yourself to Coca tea in the lobby and there's also complimentary wifi. They have breakfast in the morning from 6am to maybe 9 or 10 am. Overall, nothing flashy or extravagant, but for the price and location, it's a great option.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

We were booked here by our SA tour company from Australia, Chimu Adventures. After reading the glowing reviews prior to arriving, was really looking forward to spending my actual birthday here in Cusco and this hotel.
The reception staff were lovely and very helpful however we were put on the second floor with no elevator to transport my 23kg bag up a tight spiral staircase by myself (the only location we actually needed a porter to tip and there wasn't one)!!!
We were shown to our room right at the top of the stairs, outside a common area where groups were given a briefing for the inca trail at night for an hour or more. The security of the room was questionable with basic locks on the doors and windows. The glass above the door was missing and a sheet of paper was stuck on with tape.
Our room was dark and uninviting and smelt of old moist towels. The room did not have good karma at all with its heavy dark old furniture and outside noise from the common area and staircase. The shower was only a thin pin stream and cold most of the time.
Breakfast was a awful and after the first day didn't eat at the hotel. We both ended up the the vomiting and diarohea after the first day and its the only thing we ate that day. The meats, milk and yoghurts are left on the bench and not kept cold for the 3 or so hours breakfast is served. The breakfast staff actually took unused food from our table and gave it to two young girls at another table.....you should have seen their faces! I know I would not have been impressed to have someone else's left over ham, cheese and breads.
Don't get me wrong......I very rarely complain and most of my reviews on Tripadvisor are of a positive nature however I feel people need to know that this hotel is not at all up to scratch and Cusco Is such a beautiful city, I dont want this hotel to ruin your adventure of this quaint city. The location is fabulous right in the centre of Cusco and there is a Starbucks next door to the hotel along with many other restaurants.
I will say once again how wonderful the staff were in reception...they are good and take pride in their job at reception. The management just needs to investigate the other problems as this hotel could be real gem given the appropriate improvements needed.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Loreto Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!