Positives: very clean, decent breakfast (but TERRIBLE coffee), coca tea available 24/7, a five minute walk from Plaza de Armas
Negatives (about the hotel): i come from NYC, so i understand street noise, but the rooms are EXTREMELY NOISY! the first room we stayed in overlooked the main lobby of the hotel, and we heard all of the goings-on at all hours (mind you, people often wake up around 5am to catch the train to Machu Picchu, so don't expect to sleep in if your room has a window where ours was). Plus, because it was an interior window, we didn't have any natural light and couldn't tell what the weather was like. Our second room had a window facing a brick wall and was even noisier than the first! There were terribly loud banging noises and you could hear every single peep the elevator made. Additionally, while the staff at the reception desk meant well, they couldn't really answer basic questions like what restaurants to suggest or where to find certain locations on a map.
Negatives (about the location): The hotel is located on a main street, Avenida El Sol, and when you walk outside you are innundated by both diesel fumes and people trying to sell you things. there are people standing outside of the hotel entrance day and night accosting you to look at their jewelry/paintings/whatever, and they don't let up easily. Plaza de Armas is about a 5 minute walk away (up a slight incline, which can be difficult if you're not adjusted to the altitude).
In sum, were I to return to Cusco, I'd probably stay somewhere else, likely a place that is off a main street and closer to the Plaza de Armas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Agustin El Dorado is the ideal hotel in Cuzco to visit Hotels in Peru, it is located at a privilege area of the historical Cuzco, between the Main Square and the "Koricancha" Temple of the Sun.From our facilities you have easy access to the monumental Cuzco and nearby the airport and main streets in the Imperial Cusco City.El Dorado Hotel Cuzco-Peru has a Colonial and Andean front. Its style is subtle, neutral and elegant, as a result of the mixture of Andean stone and modern metal touches.Our hotel offers you a great hospitality and also an exceptional service for your business and pleasure trips.Our Hotels in Peru offers you luxurious, comfortable and spacious Rooms, and Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your El Dorado San Agustin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado San Agustin Hotel Cusco
- El Dorado San Agustin Cusco