My wife and I stayed at the El Dorado for four nights in September/October ‘07. Three nights in one room and a fourth night in a different room when we returned from Aguas Calientes. Overall it was a comfortable and convenient base for exploring Cuzco.
The El Dorado is a completely modern hotel about two blocks from the Plaza de Armas along the city’s main boulevard. It is part of the San Augustin chain, which seems to be one of Peru’s best mid-range hotel companies. The hotel is fairly large and therefore popular with tour groups.
The attractive lobby adjoins a central atrium area, which also gives access to the hotel restaurant and a more quiet and restful lounge area, where there are also several computers with internet access. The atrium lobby is where tour groups tend to meet, which generates considerable noise from time to time that drifts up to the rooms on floors above.
Our first room (#208) was fairly large, with two twin beds, a side table, and a t.v. stand with a small built-in refrigerator. There was a large closet along one wall that gave plenty of room for hanging clothes. We had a small window that look down onto the street (great for people-watching), and though the street had lots of traffic, after 10 p.m. there wasn’t much noise – still, if you’re a light sleeper you might want to ask for a quiet room. We found that noise was more of a problem internally, with tour groups coming and going early in the morning. Our second room was a bit smaller but similarly furnished. Both bathrooms were tiled, fairly large, modern, with a single sink and not much counter space.
Breakfast buffet was in the attractive hotel restaurant and was excellent – a large selection of fruit, juice, cereal, hot dishes. However, dinner in the restaurant was overpriced and not very good, particularly considering the excellent restaurants close by.
In general, we recommend the San Augustin El Dorado as a comfortable and convenient place to stay. Smaller hotels with more character are in the San Blas area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Agustin El Dorado is the ideal hotel in Cuzco to visit Hotels in Peru, it is located at a privilege area of the historical Cuzco, between the Main Square and the "Koricancha" Temple of the Sun.From our facilities you have easy access to the monumental Cuzco and nearby the airport and main streets in the Imperial Cusco City.El Dorado Hotel Cuzco-Peru has a Colonial and Andean front. Its style is subtle, neutral and elegant, as a result of the mixture of Andean stone and modern metal touches.Our hotel offers you a great hospitality and also an exceptional service for your business and pleasure trips.Our Hotels in Peru offers you luxurious, comfortable and spacious Rooms, and Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your El Dorado San Agustin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado San Agustin Hotel Cusco
- El Dorado San Agustin Cusco