“Great location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 144 hotels in Cusco
Mystic, Connecticut
“Great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Just steps from the Main Plaza but very quiet. ; very comfortable rooms; excellent restaurant. Helpful staff. They will keep your luggage for you if you are traveling in the Sacred Valley. I would stay here again and recommend it to anyone visiting Cusco.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
melchorynatty, Gerente de operaciones y marketing at Del Prado Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Ms Paula On Hotel Del Prado Inn we are pleased to have been part of your stay in this beautiful and magic city.
On behalf of the Hotel Del Prado Inn want to thank you for your comments, it really motivates us to continue working to offer our guests a quality service.

Regards

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Very comfortable rooms (loved the beds), helpful staff, and great breakfast. The best part of the hotel is it's location-right next to the plaza de armas! Great wifi and showers.The hotel is in a quiet setting so noise is not an issue, although there is a lively bar right next door! They have 24/hour coffee and coca leaves-good for adjusting to the altitude.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
melchorynatty, Gerente de operaciones y marketing at Del Prado Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Ms Lauren In representation of the Del Prado Inn I want to thank you for your comments, we are pleased to have served in our hotel during your stay in this beautiful city.
On Hotel Del Prado Inn we are pleased to have been part of your stay in our city.

Thanks for your time and for believing in us

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Everybody was friendly and helpful (but one employee at the front desk). Their breakfast was one of the best we had in Peru. The employee in charge of serving breakfast was super helpful and nice. He had lots of recommendations and suggestions.
Restaurant, mini bar and laundry prices were very reasonable.Location was perfect (Near the corner of the Main Square).
I'd recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Cusco. You won't regret it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

melchorynatty, Gerente de operaciones y marketing at Del Prado Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Ms Carmen I want to thank you for your comments, it really motivates us to continue working to offer our guests a quality service.
On Hotel Del Prado Inn we are pleased to have been part of your stay in this beautiful and magic city, All our staff will be happy to receive it again when you return I hope will be very soon.

Regards

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed four nights at this hotel. I took a taxi from the airport and it cost around 20 soles but you could probably get a taxi cheaper. I was dropped off in the square or Plaza De Armas. There was a festival going on so that was pretty cool to see. The hotel is on the top right corner of the plaza down the street from McDonald's. It is next to two clubs/bars. You have to walk up hill just a little to reach the hotel. The hotel is very nice inside. It feels very inviting. The staff was very friendly and efficient. My room was on the third floor. It was a decent size room for one person. If you staying with two or more people it could be a little tight for the room I was in. I bet they have bigger rooms for more people though. It had everything you need tv, bed, mini fridge, and safe. The bed was very comfortable. The room i stayed in did not have A/C but it was not needed. The bathroom was clean and spacious The breakfast was small but very good. They will make you omelettes for you so that was a plus. At night, they do lock doors of the hotel but I would be concerned about it. It was more of precaution which I appreciated. Just ring the door bell and they will remember you a sign of a good staff I must say. I would definitely recommend staying here if you are going to visit Cusco or Macchu Picchu. I like to do all my own tours so I did not book with the hotel but I'm sure they can assist you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
melchorynatty, Gerente de operaciones y marketing at Del Prado Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Sir, on behalf of the Hotel Del Prado Inn want to thank you for your comments, it really motivates us to continue working to offer our guests a quality service.
All equipment of this great family we are pleased to have been part of your stay in this beautiful city, we will be happy to receive it again when you return I hope will be very soon.

Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I loved staying at the Del Prado, you really can't beat it for location-literally steps off the Plaza de Armes- or price. My room had a great view of the Plaza and the Jesuit Church. The staff is amazing and super attentive to every need. I would stay there again with no hesitation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
melchorynatty, Gerente de operaciones y marketing at Del Prado Inn, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Mr. Andy thank you very much for your comments, really motivates us to continue working to provide our guests a quality service.
The entire team of Del Prado Inn we are pleased to had been part of your stay in this beautiful city. We hope you returne very soon.

Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

everything was great except the loud music from the nearby club - which was going on and on all night. the rest was great, the staff was very friendly and helpful. the rooms were great, we had matrimonial with jacuzzi . . .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

melchorynatty, Gerente de operaciones y marketing at Del Prado Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Mr Stankovski

Our rooms and amenities are within or above international accepted standards, singles are small, so the prices are accordingly smaller, our employees are trained to the highest international standards and the ratio of service personnel to customers is almost one to one

We had invest a lot of money treating our rooms with a special insonorization system, so we think nowadays we reduce the noise in - at least - 50% but there are many bars & Discos around the Plaza de Armas of Cusco, actually this is a problem between our mayor in Cusco and the owners of these places, since according to the Peruvian Law it is forbidden to have bars and Discos at the Historical Center, But these places are - all of the time - full with tourists, so they claim that the tourists are their main clients so since Cusco is a tourist city we can not close them, but we are continue working in order to improve this point in our hotel, so we can offer the best conditions to our clients.

Thanks for your time and for believing in us
Del Prado Inn Team
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Location is unbeatable, right next to "La Catedral". The staff are some of the nicest, friendliest I've ever met in my 30+ years of travel. And the rates are very reasonable.

That said, here are the cons:
1. My room has no windows. The staff didn't tell me nor gave me an option to upgrade to a more expensive room with a window.
2. Already described by all other reader reviews, there is a disco next door. And they play music, the thudding trance beat, from about 11 pm until about 4 am. EVERY DAY of the week. Fortunately, it was not unbearable and I was able to sleep through it. But for those folks who are light sleepers, BEWARE. Especially when you are already having a headache from the altitude!
3. The staff was twice confused about my rates and charges. There was no problem in the end but first they thought they had not charged me then they thought they charged me for only 2 out of three nights. It was all straightened out eventually but there was more credit card activity than there should have been.

I would stay there again (I like the staff that much) but would ask for a higher floor or a fancier room.

Also, it has an elevator (big deal for a small hotel) which really helps in the first couple of days of altitude sickness....

Room Tip: Ask about windows. Ask about the least noisy rooms.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

melchorynatty, Gerente de operaciones y marketing at Del Prado Inn, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Mr. Mark thank you for your e-mail that help us to improve every day. We are really sorry for the problems you. had with the club of the next door.Unfortunately despite all the legal efforts we have made for the local authorities.They still can not issue a decision to close the Club, which is against our interests, however, we have added a serie of noise reduction systems which make noise does not filter too much into our rooms.
On behalf of the Hotel Del Prado Inn , We would like to indicate our commitment to constantly improvement and so avoid this inconvenient.
Again, thank you for your recommendations we hope you come back soon.

Hotel Del Prado Inn

Been to Del Prado Inn? Share your experiences!