“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palacio del Inka a Luxury Collection Hotel

You added Palacio del Inka a Luxury Collection Hotel to your Saves list
Palacio del Inka a Luxury Collection Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plazoleta Santo Domingo 259, Cusco 51 84, Peru (Formerly Libertador Palacio del Inka Hotel Cusco)   |
Ranked #9 of 147 Hotels in Cusco
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Seattle, Washington
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Nice hotel in a good central location in Cusco. The staff and service is very good. The Pisco Sour demo was good and met a few other travelers. The walls in my room were a bit thin as I could hear my neighbors talking. It wasn't an issue for me, but there was no air conditioning in the room. Could be an issue in the summer. They also charge an additional fee for the pool. More positives than negatives though so overall a very nice place to stay.

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Korean first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

We've stayed at lots of "5*" hotels over the years, but they always seem to let themselves down in one way or another even if the overall experience was great. Palacio Inka was faultless - we arrived extremely early (about 6.30am!) and had no expectation of our room being available, but the concierge offered us a free breakfast while they prepared the room (thanks Roger) which was anyway ready after 15 minutes. Check-in: no standing at a counter, all comfortably seated in armchairs. The room was extremely comfortable, tasteful, very quiet, pretty view. Turndown was done immaculately without disturbance. The hotel is well set up for inca trail hikers with breakfast (excellent) served from 4.30am. We had our pick up at 4am, however, so we thought we'd go without breakfast. No way - they served us a lovely, full, in-room breakfast at 3.30! Superb service and experience.

Only quibble (else this sounds too good to be true!) - access to the spa is not included and would have been v expensive. I always think that's a bit mean when access to a sauna and pool is something most guests have every day through gym membership, not a luxury item.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I had the pleasure of dinning at the restaurant in the Palacio del Inka Hotel Easter week. The service, food and wine was fantastic. The wine selection is amazing as well as the wine cellar. What a treat after hiking Machu Picchu. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
aschwarzr, Gerente at Palacio del Inka a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear guest,
Thank you for your kind comments about our Restaurant. Be sure I will share your lines to my team job. We hope you have the opportunity to return soon.
Huntsville, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff here pays attention to close details and makes every effort to attend to any personal need. The breakfast is good. The lobby is beautiful. Everyone is helpful with a smile from the moment they see you. The view out the roof balcony to the convent and city is amazing. The view to the courtyard and mountains is equally amazing (different visit; different room). Showers do fluctuate in temperature sometimes but I did not have the extremes in fluctuation (burning; freezing) which someone else described. The temps were manageable and only lasted a couple of seconds.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,
Thank you for having chosen our Palacio del Inka during your last visit to Cusco. It is satisfactory to know that you enjoyed the view out the roof balcony of your room. We hope you have the opportunity to return soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I could never praise the staff of Palacio del Inka enough for the kind of personalized service they gave when I stayed there for three nights this April. Susana, Roger and Victor went the extra mile to make my stay and vacation a most memorable one .

The car (previously arranged) was waiting for me at the airport. I was welcomed like a long-lost friend when I arrived. I was asked to sit by the lobby and offered coca tea to ease the discomfort caused by the high altitude, while Susana at front desk did all the check-in process for me. Afterwards Roger the concierge showed me my room and offered to take me on a tour of the palacio if I am up to it. The high altitude (11,000 feet) really got to me, though I just came from a tour of Mexico City (8,000 feet). So I just stayed in my room all day to rest. From time to time front desk called in to inquire if I'm ok or if I need oxygen. I've never been so pampered!

They upgraded me to a suite with a king size bed. The room is huge and immaculately clean, the ensuite bathroom luxurious. The whole place speaks of history. The original walls of the Inka palace and the additions made by the conquistador Pizarro exudes an air of reverence. The location is just perfect for exploring Cuzco. I walked to the plaza de armas, the artisanal market and the local market.

Roger and Victor at the concierge coordinated with the travel agency from which I bought my tour of the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu. Upon my request, they inquired from local contacts about this agency and found it ok. Unknown to me, my son conspired with Victor to give me a surprise treat at the Spa. It was a most relaxing massage on my first day at the hotel.

Thank you Palacio del Inka and your most wonderful excellent staff for a wonderful time!

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
aschwarzr, Gerente at Palacio del Inka a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear guest,
Thank you for your kind comments about our Palacio del Inka. I am happy to know that my team job was helpful when you needed. As you mentioned the location is just perfect for exploring Cusco. We hope you have the opportunity to return soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is like no other hotel I had stayed at before. It was beautiful. Beautiful lobby, rooms, hallways, and courtyard. You feel like you are walking into a different time period. It is in a great location as well. We walked to many different places for dinner. The service was good. There is free cocoa tea in the lobby. The downfalls: wifi is only available in the lobby (it worked in our room sometimes), you have to pay extra to use the pool, sauna, etc, water temp changes, at one point we had a do not disturb and we were in fact - disturbed so they could clean. I wish it would have been warmer to enjoy the courtyard because it was beautiful! Reminded me of game of thrones. :)

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for having chosen our Palacio del Inka during your visit to Cusco city. It is satisfactory to know that you enjoyed our property. We will be pleased to serve you again in the near future.
Best regards
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

this hotel is lovely and in a perfect location. the rooms are beautiful, the amenities and food excellent. could not ask for better service. wifi a little slow but not a big deal. close to everything!

Room Tip: our room was in the back of the hotel, very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
aschwarzr, Gerente at Palacio del Inka a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear guest,
Thank you for your kind comments about our property. We are happy to know that the service was to your liking. My team and I hope you have the opportunity to return in the near future.
Best regards,
Arturo Schwarz

Been to Palacio del Inka a Luxury Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!