“Palacio del inka” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Palacio del Inka a Luxury Collection Hotel

Save Saved
You added Palacio del Inka a Luxury Collection Hotel to your Saves list
Palacio del Inka a Luxury Collection Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plazoleta Santo Domingo 259, Cusco 51 84, Peru (Formerly Libertador Palacio del Inka Hotel Cusco)   |
Ranked #7 of 144 hotels in Cusco
Tucson, Arizona
“Palacio del inka”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have been to cusco several times and stayed at the monastero , I read the reviews on trip advisor every time before I go. The hotel has Been taken over by star wood luxury collection.
As always I email the hotel before I leave the states with requests that I like, the Starwood answered promptly , and fulfilled my requests.
We arrived from the air port and check in was excellent, seated on a comfortable couch in the lobby while the front desk processed the check then escorted us to our room. The rooms were excellent , even though the windows were small ours had a beautiful view of the cathedral tower which had been built on the inka tempel of the sun. The room lacked a balcony but right across the hall was a 70 foot terrace overlooking cusco,
The hotel public ares are beautiful with period details of the 1500's ,master paintings , inka walls.
Very beautiful . The location excellent and the personal made you feel right at home, the breakfast was excellent ( included in the price), the room upkeep was excellent. My only complaint was the small bars of soap , though a body wash , shampoo and condition were excellent. The beds were very comfortable. All requests to housekeeping were fulfilled very quickly .over all compared to the monasterio the Starwood was a much better value and a much friendlier hotel. I would recommend this hotel to the picky traveler, my wife and I have traveled the world and would give this hotel a 8.5 on acomadotions, and a ten on value, a 10 on location, and a 9 on personal ( many employees spoke excellent english) we plan to stay here in the future. We will be leaving on tues the 8 of October ,and will have very fond memories of our stay in cusco, I hope your stay will be as pleasant

The monastero has a nicer court yard but thr rooms were not as nice
The staff and door men were excellent with directions

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
aschwarzr, Gerente at Palacio del Inka a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank you for take the time to review our property. It is satisfactory to know our service and hotel were to your liking.
We hope you have the opportunity to return soon.

485 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Korean first
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The hotel has a dark, medieval feel with all its antique furnishings. The breakfast was sumptuous with a buffet as well as made to order items. The staff was excellent and helpful. You are close to the main square and shopping. Wifi was not free, but every room had lovely robes and slippers for your comfort.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments.
We hope you have the opportunity to return soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

It's a really beautiful hotel, in a historic building, and has a very good location, in front of Plaza Santo Domingo, near Plaza de Armas. Very good service, kind employees, specially Jonatan and Josver, who attended us. Hotel can storage your luggage when you leave for Machhu Picchu, free of charge.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
aschwarzr, Gerente at Palacio del Inka a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, the location and of course the comment about our staff, especially Jonathan and Josver. It is satisfactory to know that everything was to your liking. The storage is a facility that we provide our guests not only for comfort, but also help make of this a great and unforgettable experience.
We will be pleased to serve you again in the future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had a magical 3 night at this hotel.. Location is outstanding, service fantastic. Staff friendly and welcoming.
I would stay here again. The Spa is good but the staff at Spa could do with some training..

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
We appreciate your kind comment which made a magical experience during your 03 night in our hotel. Be sure that we take note about the trainee of our staff at Spa, in order to improve our service.
Sandy,Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I've stayed at Starwood hotels and never had a better experience than at the Palacio del Inka hotel in Cusco, Peru! Rubit, Carol and Elmer were very attentive to our group of 44 Fun for Less guests. They delivered ice packs for weary travelers, oxygen to the rooms, and gave an outstanding performance in every respect. The restaurant was beyond five star quality! The chef met my individual requests for better cooked bacon, and offered the best pastries I've ever eaten at a hotel buffet. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this five star hotel to anyone traveling to Cusco.
The only problem I had was a bar charge that they promised to reverse but did not. I replaced the M&M's and coke I had eaten the night before. They have yet to rectify this.

Room Tip: Every room was clean and had a refrigerator bar.
Thank you for review.
It is satisfactory to know that you never had a better experience than at our Palacio del Inka Hotel, and of course thank you for your comments about the front desk staff and the buffet that you had. I will show your lines to our chef. However, I am concerned about the extra charge you had at the bar; I will investigate what fell through in the process, but we ensure it will not happen again.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I am quite impressed with the Palacio del Inka. They truly go above and beyond for platinum members. I wasn't used to such "white glove" treatment until I arrived at the Palacio. They welcome you with delicious coco tea and offered to store my luggage during my Machu Picchu trip.

They also provided a butler with superior service who hustled to take/give me my luggage before/after the trip. Didn't even charge for storage.

The gym is pretty decent with free water bottles (awesome) and apples.

What made me truly think that this SPG property deserves a 5 star rating is b/c of the service. Specifically, Carol M. was able to assist me with my charges at the end of the stay. There were a few discrepancies, and she was able to alleviate my worries quickly.

I'd definitely return to the hotel. A+ must-stay for Machu Picchu hikers!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
Starwood is always thinking of the benefits for their SPG members in order to make an unforgettable experience. It is satisfactory to know that the service was to your liking. We will be pleased to serve you again in the future.
Lyon, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My 2 sisters and I have been traveling around Peru this month and we wanted to spoil ourselves in Cuscu with this fabulous hotel. We were supposed to be 4 so I had initially booked two double rooms. However one person did not come and it was impossible to change the double to a single online here in Peru through booking.com where I reserved all the hotels. So upon arrival I explained that we only needed one double and one single and once again like another place visited earlier they said we needed to pay for the two doubles. I explained that we were taking 2 rooms but one for two persons and one for one person. It was VERY difficult to convince them and we needed to threaten them with American Express and trip advisor to be able for them to work with us :-( After that I must say that this place is truly magnificent. For the breakfast (normally included) the waiter told us we had to pay and I said it was included. After we decided to let it go and go with the flow and when I asked for the check after we ate he said don't worry, it's on the house...

Room Tip: I always ask a room on a high floor with the head of the bed facing North, anywhere but South. Slee...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for having chosen our hotel during your last visit to Cusco
And also thank you for your comments about the property, it is always satisfying to hear the word “magnificent” when describing it. Our staff is always trying to go that extra mile when it comes to customer care and service. We must follow certain rules and regulations when it comes to reservations, however, our goal is to have satisfied customers and nothing could trouble us from doing so.
We hope that you visit us again in a very near future.
Arturo Schwarz

Been to Palacio del Inka a Luxury Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!