“Wonderful hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 236 Cusco B&B and Inns
NYC
“Wonderful hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

From the very beginning I knew this hotel was a great choice. I had concerns about waiting to purchase our Machu Picchu tickets when we got to Cusco, so I contacted the hotel and they handled it all for me. Monica (the owner) is such a sweet lady who made our trip very memorable. If you want the hotel to book your excursions for the different archaeological sites around Cusco they can do that for you to take the headache out of it.
The hotel was small, but very clean and the staff was very personable and friendly. They cooked us breakfast every morning with different fresh juices, which were delicious! The hotel isn't so close to Plaza de Armas, but it is about a 15 minute walk or a 5 minute cab ride (about 4 soles).

I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family! Thanks again Monica and staff!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
São Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Excelente custo x benefício, instalações novas e atendimento impecável.
Todos super simpáticos e atenciosos, inclusive a proprietária.
Recomendo!

Excellent option, new facilities and great service.
Very friendly and attentive staff, including the owner.
I strongly recommend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Bragg, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The hotel was located not too far from the city center, it is about a 20 min walk or a quick 5 minutes by taxi, depending on traffic. The hotel was clean, great atmosphere and a pleasure to stay. The staff and owner were awesome! They made sure that you are taken care of, server a wonderful breakfast and try very hard to make your stay a pleasant stay. It's not perfect, but it is worth the the stay!

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Regardless the reason you need to go to Cusco, this a good place to start your trip. It is near to Cusco downtown and it is easy to reach the main sightseeings. The staff is always available to help to enjoy your stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This hotel truly was a great gem in Cusco. Although not in the center of town, about 10-12 minute walk from the plaza, the hotel offers nicely decorated clean rooms and a very professional staff to assist you with your needs. I have read that other reviews and must say that the rooms were a little on the colder side, but the provided heating lamp and hot water bottle made for a comfy nights sleep. I didn't encounter any clealiness issues and my hot shower was always welcomed after my nights out. I really recommend this place for someone who wants to have a nice hotel and more of an original expierence in Cusco, as this hotel is in the locals part of town. Enjoy!

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights at the beginning of September. We are expected as agreed at the airport which was nice. The hotel is about 15 minutes walk to downtown a taxi takes just a few minutes and costs only 3-4 soles (1,5 $). The area is safe and quiet.

In hotel everything seems to be new, the hot water and the Wi-Fi work fine. I found the staff and the hotel manager helpful and very customer service orientated. We were given advice about directions, prices, restaurants, options about visits. The breakfast was very good – we had the best breakfast while staying in Peru (10 days – Lima, Sacred Valley and jungle): avocado, fresh coffee, fruit juices, scrambled eggs, bread, jam, butter, even a delicious chicken breast (nice touch as for me a meal without meat is not really a meal).

I found the staff handles very well the colder climate of Cusco – they provided us electric heaters and hot water bottles (I have to buy one of that); we stayed one night in Ollanta at Iskay Hostel and they were asking 5 $ for the same electric heaters. I would definitely stay there again as I loved the service and the value-price ratio was excellent!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lisbon, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I found this place odd and overpriced for what it delivers. I think the name "boutique hotel" makes it sound way fancier than what it really was.

At first contact the staff was nice and got us some tea in the room upon arrival - nice touch!

The rooms have nice decoration indeed, the bed is good too, but it is very cold - we stayed in 3 hotels in Cusco so I can tell you it's not just the weather. The fact that the hotel doesn't receive much direct sunlight affects the temperature. They do give you an electrical portable heater, but it is not very powerful - you need to put it on in the afternoon to be warm at night.

The breakfast is very odd. On the first day, we were served a burger without even asking! What if we were vegetarian? Hindu?! I know they are not going to take all these things into consideration, but a burger first thing in the morning is strange. The following day there were eggs - more standard.

The worst part of this hotel? The bathroom. The shower has its own personality when it comes to temperature control and the flush of the toilet is an absolute disaster. We had to flush up to 5 times to get rid of stuff... What's worse? Other people's things would appear on your toilet. More than once, after urinating, we would get solid waste in our toilet! Once there was even a semi-diggested piece of lettuce. Disgusting, disgusting! When I told the manager (owner, perhaps?) about this she insinuated I do not know how to flush a toilet "you have to press until the end" - oh, I can assure you I pressed and pressed and something things would become worse...

Another bad episode on the 2 nights we stayed happened when we were returning to the hotel at about midnight and found everything locked. We had to ring, knock and shout for about 20 minutes, even other guests woke up and came to their windows. Still, we were outside in the cold, where we could hang out with a drunk man who passed by and a homeless guy who chatted nicely with us. They finally answered the phone and came to open the door. The lady apologized saying that the receptionist didn't inform her we went out! What if you want to go out at around midnight? The door will be locked and there will be no one to open upon your return. If I want to experience a home stay, I will stay at someone's place - this is a hotel!

Location is not great. It is OK and I wouldn't mind it if the hotel was good, but for that same amount of money you get better right in the centre. Unless you like places that are a bit creepy... then suit yourself!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Wifala Thematic Hotel Boutique? Share your experiences!