“Terrible - stay away” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 234 Cusco B&B and Inns
London
“Terrible - stay away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

I gave the owner many chances to make amends for our disastrous stay. In 2 months of travelling around South America this is the worst bed and breakfast I've stayed at. In the run up to our stay I had some issues because I wanted to book an extra night. I wrote to them 3 times starting 3 days in advance but never got an answer. The owner must have suspected that I would cancel the entire booking if they didn't have room. When we arrived they didn't have a double room for the last day and by then I had made different arrangements so I decided to stay only 2 nights. I was then told that I couldn't cancel the last night even though I had split the 3 night booking into 2 reservations on booking.com. Therefore I was well within my rights to cancel the last night and I don't believe that they didn't know this. Eventually they said it was fine to stay 2 nights. The room seemed ok, it was a bit small but it was cheap accomodation. However, it was freezing cold in the room even during the day. The next morning I woke up at 6 to have a shower and for 20 mins I couldn't get any hot water. I asked the owner who had to come in to have a look which was uncomfortable because I was in a towel and my boyfriend was still in bed. She blamed all sorts of things such as the bad water pressure in Cusco but still no hot water. Eventually I had to shower in another room and came back to my room in my towel in front of other guests which was embarrassing. Despite the 'bad pressure' the other shower Had hot water. I asked to change room but they never offered this. Breakfast was mediocre, wifi was pretty bad and on the 2nd morning there was no hot water yet again. We checked out straight away and have arrived in a great place and have just had our hot showers. I complained when leaving but they still charged the full price and only offered a poor apology. I can't overstate how cold that room was on the ground floor, Cusco is cold at night but the room needed heating. Go elsewhere, they are unprofessional here and you can get something much better for a little bit more money closer to the main square.

• Stayed October 2012

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

The rooms offer basic accommodation with en-suite bathrooms. Nothing too fancy but it is located off avenida del Sol, literally 10 mts walking distance from the main town square so you can have a great night sleep without having to walk far to find the local monuments and shops.
We left for a trekking trip afterwards and the ladies in charge went the extra mile to take our dirty clothes to a lunderette without any additional charge.
The approach was very personal and the cost was definitely under budget ($35 per night for double occupancy). This excellent value for money plus the constant attention we received would make me recommend this hotel and I would definitely come back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hospedaje Don Marcos? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hospedaje Don Marcos

Address: Avenida Regional No 898, Cusco, Peru
Location: Peru > Cusco Region > Cusco
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #59 of 234 B&Bs / Inns in Cusco
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL and HostelWorld so you can book your Hospedaje Don Marcos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hospedaje Don Marcos, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.