“Amazing company and trek” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 340 Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: Wayki Trek is a highly recommended by the South American Explorers Club, Footprint Travel Guide, On the Road Travel Guide and Lonely Planet Travel Guide readers, Wayki Trek has been working with travelers on the Inca trail around Cusco since 1998. We are under indigenous management. We offer the Inca trail and alternative treks and tours in Peru.
Oakland, California
“Amazing company and trek”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Wayki Trek is an amazing company; they were helpful from the very beginning when I was just researching companies to go with. Lexa responded to all of my questions quickly, and with much patience, as I had a lot of questions! It was because of Lexa's excellent customer service, the fact that they are under indigenous management and gives back to their communities, and the guarantee of a small group size of 8 or smaller, that we decided to go with them. Plus, they offer the Wayki Experience the night before the trek, which was amazing. We got to meet the families of one of the porters, cooked dinner with them, and danced with their children.

Ruben, our tour guide, was awesome. He was very knowledgable about the history, the Inca sites, and all the beautiful flowers along the way. The porters and cooks were all amazing, too. They would left camp after we did, run past us along the trail, beat us to the next camp, have the tents set up, and be already cooking lunch or dinner for us. They were amazing, and we couldn't have done it without them!

The 4 day classic Inca Trail was breath-taking. There's just nothing like it. The lush green trees, the fog as it rolls in and out of view, the sound of the waterfalls, birds, and frogs - it's something you have to experience in person. Photos just don't do it justice.

Wayki Trek really takes care of you. Ruben made sure we stayed together as a group, and being that we were only a small group of 7, it was not hard. Even when some of us may have been slower than others, Ruben made sure to check in with everyone, and stay with the slower folks. I was told that Wayki Trek will rent out a portable toilet if you didn't want to go in the squatters or in the woods, but on our trek, they brought one for us anyway. No one in the group rented it. Wayki Trek just brought it, and set up our own private toilet for us to use if we chose. None of us did, though, because we didn't want to have any porters have to clean it out, but the fact that they would do that was very nice.

There's really no competition when it comes to choosing a company to trek the Inca Trail. Wayki Trek is amazing, and will make your experience unforgettable - you will not regret it!

Visited March 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Amazing and memorable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My partner and I went to Peru for the first time and were nervous because we do not speak Spanish and have never been to South America. I was referred to Wayki Trek by a friend who raved about them so I contacted them about their 10 Day Peru tour package

Lexa and Ruth were the people handling my emails and I must say they were so patient with me. I was a bit neurotic asking all these questions and scenarios and they constantly responded with full answers and prompt timing. They even sent me an email telling me the Inca Trail was about to run out of space and wanted to confirm if I wanted to do the trek - so I booked it!

We were hand help the day we landed in Lima to the day we left Cusco to go home. Carlos was our tour guide in Lima - he is quiet and reserved but extremely knowledgable and friendly. The only thing I would have changed is the tight timing between the Lima tours in Paracas for Ballesta Islands and Nazca lines - we basically didn't sleep because we always had a train to catch. But I would recommend talking to the company to switch around times to make sure you get rest in between. With that being said - Carlos was with us every step of the way - we felt safe and never concerned about getting lost or hopping into the wrong taxi. And as people not knowing to speak
Spanish, having Carlos with us just made the experience in Lima comfortable.

Personally, we didn't find Lima too appealing but that has nothing to do with Wayki Tours - we just aren't big city people. We loved Cusco more for its nature side of things

For Cusco - again we were picked up and hand help on every Cusco city tour which was amazing. And then we finally went on the 4-day Inca trail with Rox as our guide. We had 4 porters and a chef and it was just my partner and I that were hiking

I cannot stress enough how amazing the whole trek was - we were treated so well and pampered as much as you can be going camping. The chef cooked amazing food at all 3 meals, the porters were fast and prepped our things before we even reach each campsite and Rox was with us every step of the way.

Aside from being genuinely nice, caring people - they are true professionals who take their jobs and reputations seriously so they do not skimp on quality or safety. We felt so taken care of - they really wanted us to be happy and enjoy our experience and we did all because of Wayki Trek

We will 100% return to Cusco and take a tour with Wayki Trek again!

If you are reading this and considering doing a hike or a tour - you must check out Wayki Trek and just contact them! There will be something there for you and someone will help you every step of the way

Llanelli, United Kingdom
“An experience we will never forget.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

The four day Inka trail was challenging, but the Wayki team did everything they possibly could to make the trek an enjoyable and memorable experience. The 12 strong Wayki team who accompanied us on the trek consisted of porters (who put us to shame by making the trek look easy whilst carrying 25kg on their backs), a chef and an assistant chef (who prepared unbelievable three course meals in a tent and even baked us a cake on the last night!) and not forgetting our friendly, informative and hilarious trek guide, Frankie. He really did make the trip for us.

The trek itself is not easy, particularly on day 2 as it's mainly uphill, but our Wayki guide Frankie insisted that we took our time and walked at a pace we felt comfortable with. We stopped regularly to take in the stunning views and he knew all the good spots for taking some fantastic photos.

With regard to the price of the trip, the Inka trail is not cheap whichever company you choose, but when you consider the Wayki team outnumbered the people in our group (we trekked as a small group of 8 people), the fact that when you arrive at camp each day everything is already set up for you, and then also the fact you are fed like kings three times a day, it certainly is good value for money. With Wayki being a small, indigenous company it was also good to know that when we parted with our cash the money would be staying in Peru, which obviously can't be said when choosing to book with some larger online travel companies.

If you are considering the Inka trail, I would strongly recommend you book with Wayki. Apart from some sore muscles on our return I can't think of any negatives!

Cusco, Peru
“Excellent experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I had the pleasure of taking a four day hike on the Inca trail with Wayki Trek as part of a travel
Package through PeruForLess.com and enjoyed it immensely! The staff was very professional, knowledgable and fun. The porters were amazing and the chef actually baked two cakes on the last day of the trek! I would definitely recommend Wayki Trek to anyone who is traveling to Peru!

“A Life Changing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We can't thank Wayki enough for the most amazing 'experience'. We signed up to trek the inca trail with this company first and foremost because of the company ethos, and that was that they support the porters, their families, village, healthcare, children's education and protect their culture, and it shows.

We signed up for the extra day at the village of the porters staying at the head porters house and what an 'experience' it was. We arrived and were welcomed with opened arms and put to work in the fields with the village kids. We had so much fun with them. Then a quick wash up, dinner, dancing and bed early to be picked up by the rest of the team to start the Inca trail.

Day 1 we met the rest of our team and headed for the mountains. The scenery, private campsite and food was knockout. A good introduction of what was to come. Day 2!!!

Everyone knows day 2 is a killer and it's no joke, but with the support of our team, our fabulous guide Ruben, the food provided for us and not forgetting the other worldly porters, we got over dead women's pass and down the other side. Day 3 was to follow and just as challenging, except mostly down, but with the smiley faces of the porters, their jokes, a cup of tea brought to your tent every morning and the amazing food, every moment was a joy and full of memories to treasure.

Getting to Machu Picchu was hard for all of us in the team and it will be for you too. However, the whole team on the trek and the Wayki company will make it worth your while. We picked the best company, porters and guide. We would scores them 10/10 & 100% and you will too. You won't be disappointed on any level. It's incredible what they do and you won't be able to thank them enough.

We will never forget their faces and how they looked after us and kept us safe. Amazing!!!