“Salkantay Trek - Awesome experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Valencia Travel - Day Tours

Valencia Travel - Day Tours
Calle Peru X-10 5to pdo de TTio Cusco - Peru | Calle Peru X-10 5to pdo de TTio Cusco - Peru, Cusco 084, Peru
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #47 of 341 Activities in Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: WELCOME TO VALENCIA TRAVEL IN CUSCO. We are a tour operator in Peru completely dedicated to the satisfaction of our clients.Our constant technological updates for the planning and coordination of our operations, and our hard work for our clients allows us to offer excellence in our quality of service.Our clients are the focus of our business and our objective is always that they have a memorable experience, when they trust their trip to us.We are a different company, dedicated to our mission, respectful of our values, proud of our country, Peru, in which we feel a true passion for.We work with an excellent associate network of local and international specialists. The world is our scene, and our passion lies in Cusco Peru. We show Peru to the world and the world to the Peruvians. Our expertise is what makes us successful and what keeps our clients coming back every year.
Baltimore, MD
5 attraction reviews
“Salkantay Trek - Awesome experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Having been someone who normally does all the organizing, planning, and guiding on trips with family and friends I know the time, effort, and patience that is involved. When my partner presented me with the initial idea of booking with a tour company, I balked and grumbled, but gave in and glad that I did. Valencia Travel does an amazing job at a very reasonable price. My partner and I felt cared for and attended to during our entire stay and I admit it was rather nice to relax for a change and not worry for anything. Hard thing for a planner with a tiny inner control freak to do, but it happened and I have Valencia Travel to thank for it. :)

Excellent Salkantay hike with our guide Santiago, whom I HIGHLY recommend, and our trek team including chef Cirilo who can do amazing things with camping cooking equipment. Franco, our assistant guide, was a paragon of patience and good humor.

**Thoughts for Salkantay - though it was a challenging trek, we are glad we went that route as it allowed for horses and, at times, vehicle transportation. If you in any way doubt your ability to trek, then keep that in mind! It also has less people on it than the traditional Inca trail does.

Beautiful landscape, delicious food, and wonderful tour operator.
Trip of a lifetime :)

Visited September 2012

Grand Cayman
7 attraction reviews
“Extremely organized and awesome guides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

We arrived in Cusco and Rene was waiting for us at the airport to take us to our hotel. We acclimated for 2 days upon arrival. The day before our Trek, our guide, Santiago, visited us at our hotel and briefed us on the hike, we were doing the 5d/4n Salkantay Trek. He informed us of what to expect and what to bring.

During the Trek, everything happened as expected. We did not have any surprises or unfortunate events happen. I was very slow on the trek while my companion was very fast so it was a good thing that we had 2 guides provided to us even if there was only 2 of us as we had requested for a private group.

We loved our hotel in Cusco, which Valencia picked out for us. Our hotel in Aguas Calientes was fine. We had our very own Chef, Cirillo and his assistant Rene, who cooked amazing, delicious food for us. His fried rice is tops! I have a very sensitive stomach so not getting sick is a good sign of hygiene and cleanliness. Our assistant guide, Franco, was very kind and did not leave my side for a minute.

I loved our guide, Santiago, because he really cares about his country and people. I loved, LOVED that he kept picking up all the rubbish he saw on the way. He is also very spiritual, knowledgeable and respectful of his team members and us, as his guests.

I would not hesitate to recommend Valencia travel for your Inca or Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu. I would even dare to guarantee that you would have a great time and not miss your computer too much ;-)

Thank you to Rene of Valencia Travel for taking care of us during this entire trip. I enjoyed my vacation and did not have to worry about a single thing.

Visited September 2012
La Paz, Bolivia
“Sacred Valley Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

A fantastic day with wonderful service from start to finish. Matt was very informative in the office, organising everything at short notice, and Rene even turned up early at our hostal (unheard of in S.America!) to introduce us to our guide and driver for the day. Ayul has honestly got to be the best guide I have ever come across in my travels, his head bursting with information that he couldn't wait to share. His enthusiasm and humour was infectious and we learnt so much about the history and cultures of Peru in that one day. Our driver was a real gentleman, taking care of us and ensuring our safety at all times. We couldn't have asked for more! Many thanks to everyone involved.

Visited June 2012
Durham, North Carolina
“Valencia Tours - Cusco/Machu Picchu travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We are experienced World travelers, however with very limited Spanish and no previous trips to anywhere in South America, we wanted the help and assurance of a local travel company. Valencia Travel turned out to be a great choice. Many items such as obtaining the proper tickets (e.g. train), permits, entry tickets, selecting good hotels (we wanted non-luxury, local hotels but wanted to make sure they were still acceptable quality, clean, and safe), and of course tour guides for the main attractions were all taken care of by Valencia and taken care of very well. Matt, Rene, guides, drivers - everyone we worked with have been very helpful and great to work with. Highly recommended.
Maner Family - North Carolina, USA

Visited August 2012
Seattle, Wa
“Valencia Travel-best way to tour Peru”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

All my expectations were met and exseeded by Valencia Travel. Not a single complain: always on time, accomodative to our needs, flexible. Can't ask for more! The tour guides are knowledgable, really enthusiastic of the history of Peru. We felt special and important!

Visited May 2012