“Great service” 5 of 5 stars

Covington, Louisiana
16 attraction reviews
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I used them for 3 tours while I was there (to Machu Picchu; a day tour of Cusco; the Sacared Valley Tour). They were really great and helpful. Answered all of my questions before I arrived, and continued to help me the whole time I was there!

Visited May 2013

Cologne, Germany
“Terrible - Poor policy in case of cancelation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We were hyped and looking forward to take the 5Day Salkantay Trek from Cusco with Dos Manos. Unfortunately, we fell seriously ill a full day ahead of the trail with fever, stomach cramps etc. due to food contamination. The local clinic put us on a 7 day antibiotic treatment. The way how Dos Manos treated us from there was more than disappointing, it was outright illicit.

Ahead of the planed tour, we spent lots of time researching. We had decided to book with Dos Manos, because it had a list of policies on their website including for cancelation. With some good reviews and a proper website, we made a 50% downpayment/deposit for 2 people via paypal to Amauta Spanish School (situated in the same building in Cusco).

When we explained and proved to the agency (as the cancelation policy in case of serious illness required) with a detailed medical examination that we were unfit to realize the trip, we were met with shrugged shoulders.

1. We had to go about 4 times to the office to make the case and discuss reimbursement, while we were still ill.
2. We found out the Dos Manos would not have been the operator, but another company would been the guides etc on the trek (their reason for not giving any refund).
3. Only with the presence of the Tourist Police, we managed to get a total of 25% of our deposit back, following a painstaking process of squeezing dollar by dollar out of them over previous days of discussion.

We were disappointed with the arguments, figures and facts brought forward to us, which clearly showed a significant mismatch to what they advertised and their intentions. They also were consistently misquoting their own policies to their own advantage.

We cannot recommend this agency. We have been told that they will be improving the policies. However, at the end of the day we assess their policies as pure lipservice and not oriented to their customers.

We lost around 250USD to them, which we could easily avoided by not making a downpayment/deposit ahead. We could have gone with a significantly cheaper agency still on the day.

We rather recommend to research different agencies on the ground once you are in Cusco and pay the entire amount in cash only 1-2 days ahead i.e. be your own cancellation policy. For Salkantay trek there are no current limits on the number of trekkers on this route, as opposed to the Inca trail - there is no need to book in advance, this is actually the safer option.

Visited April 2013
Germany
“nice trips and great agency”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I did a trip to Maras and Moray with Dos Manos and I had a great day.
I was studying at Amauta Spanish School and as all students there I got a discount.
We had a nice bus with a bilingual guide that explained a lot about the area and also about cultural facts. We had different stops, e.g. at Moray and the Salineras.

I had a lot of fun and would definitely book again with Dos Manos!

Visited March 2013
Nieuw Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great agency!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have been travelling with Dos Manos one weeks ago and it was amazing! First of all, Peru is amazing! I really think Peru is one of the most beautiful countries of South America. Especially the Inca Trail is breath taking! I have done this tour with Dos Manos and it was seriously amazing. The whole trip was organized very well, the guides are very nice and have a great knowlegde of Peru! I also did learn a lot about the culture during my trip, which is very interesting. Besides that, the contact with this agency is very good. I had many questions before I went to Peru and I received emails back very quickly. All in all, I had a great experience!

Visited March 2013
Brussels, Belgium
4 attraction reviews
“an amazing Salkantay trek with Dos Manos Peru”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I did the Salkantay backpacker trek with Dos Manos Peru and it was simply great! The organization was perfect and the guides, food and information worked all well. I had a great time and have seen such a nice nature on the way to Machu Picchu, and it wasn't even too expensive!

Visited January 2013