“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott El Convento Cusco

Save Saved
You added JW Marriott El Convento Cusco to your Saves list
JW Marriott El Convento Cusco
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Esquina De La Calle Ruinas 432 y San Agustin, Cusco, Peru   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 144 hotels in Cusco
Santiago, Chile
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The Cusco Marriott is a lovely hotel built from an ancient structure with its original character well preserved. I stay frequently on business and pleasure trips to Cusco. The staff are very helpful, the food is great and the rooms well appointed. It is well located close to the Plaza de Armas and other key sights.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on the Tripsadvisor website, knowing your opinion is very important and help us to screen our service.

I appreciate your kind words about the hotel, indeed we are located on the formers Agustin Convent from XVI century that is why we have colonial structures in different parts of the hotel for example the patio with its beautiful archery.

I am glad that the service you received was according to your expectations as well as the rooms and food, I hope maybe next time you can try our spa services to relax for a while.

Thank you for your preference, we look forward to have back soon in your next business trip it will be a pleasure to serve you.

610 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

There are so many positive things to say about the JW Marriott in Cusco....the elegance of the lobby, the beauty of the courtyard, the integration of historic and contemporary space, and the exceptional cuisine. However, what really sets this hotel apart is the quality of it's staff; we were treated by staff members that were stunningly kind, thoughtful, respectful, sophisticated, and poised. Rondo and Jorge were both standouts, among an entire team of remarkable hotel personnel. Look no further for an oasis in Cusco.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
JWMarriottCusco, General Manager at JW Marriott El Convento Cusco, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for leaving your comments on the Tripadvisor website letting all the readers know your perception about our services.

I feel grateful with your review, makes me glad knowing that you only have positive things to say about the hotel and our attentive staff, for sure there are no doubts that the building itself its beautiful, finely decorated, mixing perfectly contemporary items with local touches and the colonial remains, but what makes me happier is to know the high concept you have of our staff, they are an invaluable asset to this hotel, transmitting genuine smiles and enthusiasm showig how much they care about each guest and also showing how happy they are to work here.

I will extend your appreciation to the associates mentioned; I will congratulate them for giving you a careful service as well as the cooks for the exceptional food!

We look forward to welcome you and your family in the not too distant future, we will be glad to have you back in this “oasis”.

cornelius, or
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stayed at the JWM in Cusco from 9/22-9/28. It is a beautiful property and very conveniently located to the heart of historic Cusco. The Staff at the hotel makes you feel welcome and important from the minute you register to the time you check out. We especially loved the restaurant staff and give our greatest appreciation to Perla and Caroline who really went out of their way to provide a special experience. Also thank you to Miguel the Restaurant Supervisor who went out of his way to help when one of us had altitude sickness and provided Muna tea! Everyone in this hotel goes out of their way to make you feel welcome. We were so lucky to be staying in the hotel the day they celebrated their first year anniversary - what a fun party. Be sure to take the hotel tour where you can see the remnants of Inca artifacts and walls. This property has a lot of history and the architect did an amazing job of blending the old with the new. The room was nicely appointed with all the amenities you'll need. Would definitely stay there again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for leaving your comments on the Tripadvisor website, I really believe that by sharing your perception about our service we can improve it day by day.

I feel grateful with your comments, having a 6-night-stay with us allowed you to have a complete experience with us and I am excited that the staff made you feel so appreciated showing you how much we care about you and all your needs; our guests satisfaction is the main reason to do an amazing job every day and comments like yours inspire us to continue giving more of ourselves.

I will extend your appreciation to Perla, Caroline and Miguel who gave you an excellent service, I will congratulate them for giving you a great experience and nice details, things like this makes me feel proud of them and all the team I work with!

I don’t want to miss the chance to thank you for joining in such an important celebration, this first year was fill with many challenges and memorable times and we could not miss the opportunity to celebrate. Please accept also my appreciation for taking the time and go on the afternoon tour, it is gratifying to see how our guest value our historical past.

We hope you can stay back soon and delight you with a superb service from beginning to end. Thank you very much for your preference.

Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I can't believe this hotel is not ranked number one! Everything about our stay last week was perfect. The service, the rooms (we were upgraded twice), the fabulous breakfast and the location. We often couldn't wait to get back to our "oasis" away from the pestering street vendors, constant traffic, crowded sidewalks and brutal sun. (But Cuzco is still fantastic!) I can't say enough about how friendly and helpful the staff was during our entire stay. We stayed on a street corner for our first stay that could be a bit noisy at times. When we came back for one night after Machu Picchu, we very in a much quieter terrace-view room. I am a meeting planner for a living and would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I have no words to thank your kind and energetic comments about the hotels facilities and our service, I do appreciate that you share them on Tripadvisor.

I feel proud and honor that a meeting planner that have probably been in many different locations put us in number one position. Definitely comments like yours help us on achieving that goal!.

Thank you for describing us as “an oasis” and for your generous comments for our rooms, the large and delicious breakfast, our excellent location and above all our staff friendliness and helpfulness who did all to make you feel like home.

I truly hope that you and your friends can visit us in the near future to continue enjoying the JW Marriott Cusco excellence in service and all the marvels that Cusco offers.

Kind Regards,

West Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stay at Marriott hotels 80 nights a year, but have never been treated as good as at this Marriott. I was treated like royalty and family. From the arrival to sad departure and everyday in between was awesome. There was Jose at the front desk who ensured our stay was perfect; Roy and Frand who ensured my friends were acclimating well (one needed supplemental oxygen one morning which as provided for free, she was also able to have it filtered into her room). After 24 hours she was feeling great and ready to hike the Inca trail. The food at the hotel was fantastic especially the breakfast and burgers. The cooks were knowledgable, Jorge the waiter and managers always had smiles and never left you without a full cup of coffee or coca tea! Don't forget the spa services, Edith is the absolute best message therapist. The rooms were up-to-date, clean and quite. The location was excellent and close to many sites and excellent restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for leaving your comments on the Tripadvisor website letting us know your perception about our services.

It is so gratifying for me to know that a loyal Marriott guest like you enjoyed our service and felt like royalty and also as part of our family. I and my staff are eager to deliver unforgettable experiences showing you how much we value your preference.

I appreciate you mentioned our associates that made your stay so pleasant and seamless; I will personally congratulate José, Roy, Frand, Jorge and Edith for providing you such a great, friendly and dedicated service. I am glad that the oxygen supply we offer in room helped your friend to ease the altitude symptoms, it is really recommended to have this service because it gives the sense to be 900 meters lower than the actual height and relieves some of altitude sickness symptoms.

Regarding the food, it is true, it’s fantastic! And we are proud of it as well as our spa services and comfortable rooms.

We look forward to count on your soon visit so that you and your friends continue enjoying our first-class service and Cusco history.

Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed at this JWM with my wife and our 5 year old daughter when I went to Cusco, 2 weeks ago, and loved it!

I tend to overlook little "faults" when I travel alone because it's a hassle to bring it up and a waste of my valuable time. A lot of traveling made me realize that little complaints aren't worth getting myself worked up for. When I travel with my family... it's a lot different. I tend to pay close attention to see that they are comfortable and are well taken care of.

Well, my wife loved the hotel and it's amenities. She found the architecture and decor to be a perfect fit for the city's theme. Not too big yet didn't feel cramped at all. I felt the same way... First class.

Service was excellent. There is no other way to describe the level of attention that we got during our stay. Everybody was courteous and addressed us with our correct last name. Intriguing since there were many Asian guests. The old joke about "all Asians look-alike" is not true at this JWM.

Spa was cozy and very stylish with a small swimming pool, dry/steam sauna and a jacuzzi, ideal for relaxing after a long day of tour/sight seeing.

I was pleasantly surprised since I read a bunch of negative reviews after I made the reservation. I went with the name more than the rating at the time I booked and I'm glad all those negative comments have been addressed. The negative reviews I read were mostly from 2012 and early 2013 so they must have been addressed, since I didn't experience any of those complaints.

I can't recommend highly enough and I congratulate the staff for keeping up a tight ship.

We will definitely be back!

J M (David) Lee

Room Tip: Not too many hotels in Cusco have a "view" since there is a building height restriction...
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your comments through the Trip Advisor website.

I am pleased to know that we were able to exceed your expectations regarding the hotel facilities and service, I would like to thank you for being picky and observant because that really helps us a lot to acknowledge our strengths and weaknesses so that we can work on them.

I am glad that your wife loved our colonial architecture and above all the excellent and personalized service we provided you, I am glad too that you enjoyed our spa and its relaxing and inviting facilities.

It is so rewarding for me to know that we have overcome the difficulties of our beginning and now we can count on our guests’ recommendations and congratulations like you are doing.

On behalf of all the staff of JW Marriott Cusco, we look forward to welcoming you and your family in the not too distant future, in order to share our special blend of JW Marriott and Peruvian hospitality.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We traveled to Peru with a tour operator (Southern Explorations), which had provided sub-par service and very poor communication. Guides did not help with luggage and were poorly informed of our agreed upon itinerary. Travel connections had been confusing, and upon arriving to Cusco, we learned they had changed our hotel from the Libertador to the J.W. Marriott. As a SPG platinum member, I was disappointed to learn that we would not be staying at an SPG property, as per the original plan.

As I had become visibly frustrated with our tour operator, the Marriott staff were exceptional in making sure that our needs were met. Kevi, at the front desk, helped with our check-in and made sure all of our needs were met. We have no Marriott status, so we had to pay for internet and were not offered an upgraded room, but the excellent service at the Marriott made up for all of these quibbles. Staff are extremely sensitive to your needs, they address you by name, and are very friendly and helpful. Even the gentleman making eggs was courteous, friendly, and helpful. I have stayed at luxury resorts all over the world, and I would place the service at this property in the top 3. Service organizations around the world should come and experience the consistency of service from top to bottom here.

The property itself is very new and beautifully remodeled. If you are looking for history, this property may not be for you, as the decor is quite contemporary, with numerous touches of old Cusco.

Location is also excellent, as it is very close to the Plaza Armada. The Libertador, is a bit further away.

Note that this property does not have a fitness center, as they cite the effect that altitude can have on physical exertion.

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for the time you have taken to write your comments and tell about your experience during your stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that your travel to Peru did not start well, but on the other hand I feel really pleased that this situation gave us the opportunity to welcome you at the JW Marriott Cusco. Thank you for taking the time and for remembering Kevi our Guest Service Agent. I am gland the he provide you an extraordinary and personalized service and I will personally congratulate him for taking good care of all your needs making you feel how important you are for us.

I felt honor for all of your kind words and also that a luxury traveler like you can consider us in the Top 3 ranking.

I am glad too that you liked the beauty of the property where we blended the existing colonial remains with the JW Marriott elegant style combined with local flavor and contemporary touches.

I truly hope you and your family can come back soon in the near future to delight you with our exceptional service and facilities.

JW Marriott Hotel Cusco

Been to JW Marriott El Convento Cusco? Share your experiences!