“Warm Italian Chef, Authentic Italian Pizza” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Peruvian, Pizza, Pasta, South American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Niceville, Florida
“Warm Italian Chef, Authentic Italian Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I've spent quite a bit of time in Italy, and was ecstatic to find this authentic Italian restaurant in the heart of Cuzco (especially after eating not-so-great pizza at many other restaurants during my 5 months in Peru!). Roma Mia is fantastic-- fresh ingredients, warm owners, and the true taste of Roma. Danilo, the chef, and his wife, Ana, made us feel right at home. You should have seen them cut the fresh prosciutto for our meal....! We'll be back at lunch tomorrow to try the pasta! Highly recommended!!!!!

Cusco, Peru
“Excellent & Authentic Food, Straight From the Heart!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Easily some of the best porcini pizza and bruschetta that I have ever had in my life (including NYC & Italy). Virtually all of the ingredients (except one or two local vegetables) are brought in directly from Italy. The owner took time to explain his passion to me, and it's easily to why this is such a favorite. I've tried the other Italian restaurants in Cusco to varying success, but Roma Mia will be my top recommendation in the future! Easily the best pizza in Cusco by a mile, and possibly the best pizza in South America! Do yourself a favor and visit Roma Mia - you will not be disappointed! Two days later, I can still taste the subtle flavors and long for another bite!

Mount Laurel, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“High expectations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Usually trip advisor is a good resource for hotel and restaurant recommendations. Not in this case. We were expecting the pizza to be authentic. Instead the ingredients tasted generic and the crust was not as thin as I had hoped. In some ways, I blame myself because I am often disappointed by pizza when it isn't the "real deal" (my opinion only of course). The people were friendly and the atmosphere is nice so perhaps we just had an unimpressive batch...

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

3. Outstanding service

Highly recommended!

- Daniel, Ryan, and Jared

North Yorkshire uk
“The friendliest restaurant and great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We were a party of 4 it was lunch time so not crowded the owner Danilo and his staff were so helpful and attentive with our menu choices (as 1 of our party doesn't eat cheese but this was not a problem).
The food was delicious we all tasted each others they were all excellent dishes. Danilo even gave us Sambuca & Ameretto complimentary drinks! And the deserts were mouth-wateringly good!

• Visited November 2012