“When you're hungry by the Plaza” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Berkeley,CA
“When you're hungry by the Plaza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were hesitant to give into having Italian food in the heart of Peru, but we were hungry and decided to go for it after reading all the wonderful trip advisor reviews.

The service is truly exceptional and the chef and the owner both came over to our table often (but not too often) to chat with us and see how we were doing. We were the only customers in the restaurant since we went at an awkward time around 3:30pm, but that made it even better because they were able to fully devote their attention to us.

We ordered pizza with sausage and peppers. It was unfortunately a bit greasy, but nonetheless the thin crust pizza hit the spot. I don't think we spent more than $20-30 dollars there for two individuals for a large pizza along with a few drinks, and so it was pretty budget friendly!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles, California
“Went for take out”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My girlfriend had seen the trip advisor reviews on this place well before we arrived in cusco and was very much looking forward to eating here.

However plans don't always go, and she got sick the night we were going to eat there. She stayed in the hotel and i went to bring her some roma mia.

I asked the bald Italian guy (owner i assume) in spanish to place an order para llevar (togo). The guy had a very derrogative and mocking demeanor and said no takeout and went back to watching the tv. The restaurant was empty, except for one table. He sent me away.

This review is not based on food because i didn't get to eat any, but based on this guys pompous attitude it ruins it for me.

NOTE: The street procuradores that Roma Mia is located on is a known drug street. Be careful after dark.

Visited November 2012
ristoranteroma_mia, Proprietario at Roma Mia, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Sr.Matt K, Let's start by saying that you are not an educated person is referring to me as "Bald believe was the owner", the ristorante is my policy not to make delivery (you lose the quality of food)
2. I do not mind that we have television. 3. Tripadvisor should not sue if they sell drugs on the street in any event Cusco.4.no authorities have had no bad gesture with you and much less fun of it I just read the comments on our customer service
Customers leave reviews of the restaurant food service etc. His is by others, seems to not like the fact that we do not delivery sorry...
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Perfect and Authentic Trattoria in the heart of Cusco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and I had dinner at Roma Mia tonight. We were celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary (tomorrow) and we wanted to find an authentic Italian restaurant to remind us of our wedding. We had a destination wedding and honeymoon in Tuscany 10 years ago and had our "rehearsal dinner" at a ristorante just like Roma Mia. The food quality and ingredients are 100% authentic Italian cuisine. If you think Olive Garden and Macaroni Grill are good restaurants then you may not appreciate this gem of a restaurant. I can personally attest the pizza margherita and the rigatoni pomodoro we had we the real deal. My wife wanted the pomodoro sauce but does not like onions and the chef personally made her a new batch of sauce on the spot. The owner and chef will also personally check on you during and after the meal. The decor is what you would expect from an authentic restaurant in Rome or Tuscany but without the pushy tourist menu they have in The tourist spots of Italy. We really loved Roma Mia and would eat her again.

My wife shared a medium pizza ($10 USD) and a plate of pasta ($9 USD) a Peroni Beer ($3 USD) and a bottle of water ($1 USD). very reasonable prices just steps away from the Plaza de Armas.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“The real deal in Inka country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Pizza in Cusco??? Well yes and very tasty pizza indeed!!! I was a little unsure at first since Roma Mia is in a touristy walkway. But once you walk upstairs and enter into Danilo and Ana's little piece of Roma - you will be very glad you made the trek to this cozy place in Cusco. We had a delicious antipasto followed by a pizza with four distinct flavors - very tasty pizza indeed. We arrived early so Danilo was kind enough to stop by and say hello while Ana was also sweet enough to keep us entertained with some local chat. Highly recommend this wonderful Italian eatery. Only wish we were hungry enough to try the pastas.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
memphis
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We had a great meal with the friendliest service. Ana was our waitress and we were greeted warmly by Danilo. The guy that made our wonderfully fresh pizza was nice enough to come to our table to see if we liked it, which we did! I highly recommend Roma Mia. Everything is made fresh and is delicious. By the way, we went there based on trip advisor recommendations. Thanks for a great find.